Utilities Warehouse - Not charged for Electricity - presented huge bill!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I signed up to Utilities Warehouse last year and provided the rep with the meter readings,

I was sold the package by a friend who said I would make big savings which was certainly true,

when I queried the monthly outgoing amount i was told that there was probably an overpayment on my previous supplier or something to do with my pre payment meter that I had previously. the low monthly payments continued and I was extremely pleased with the service until around October they tried to direct debit around £700 out of my account for electricity.  

I now have a huge electricity bill to pay back that was building up into a debt without me even knowing it! 

They have made no apology and no gesture of goodwill for their error,

they have now flagged a message up saying that If the amount is not settled they will disconnect. 

I am sure they will accept a repayment plan but just wondering if anyone else has had problems with them as Im finding their customer services very difficult.

Have you are evidence of the metre readings which you originally supplied?

I suggest that you send them an SAR. You never know what might turn up

Making a Complaint (uw.co.uk)

Register a complaint in writing by email and post.  Say that you are willing to work with them to look into the error that you believe has occurred.  But that you would need them to supply all information on your account.  Make a formal request for an SAR to be complied with urgently, as you are seeking to resolve this matter with them as quickly as possible.

It could be an error with meter readings at some point or you have been using a lot more electric than your monthly payments cover.  If they have based some of the bills on estimates of readings, rather than actual reading £700 might be the underpayment based on actual meter reading that has been taken recently.  

Do you know the correct meter numbers at the start of your contract ?

Do you have the current meter reading ?

Tariff rate ?

If you have those readings, then we can work out approximate amount of consumption costs.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread