Curry's Electric Cooker Broken Down

Gazza112
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1154 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi 

I brought an Electric Cooker from Curry's just over a year ago, Delivered 3rd February 2020.

Contacted Curry's and was told in no polite way to go away, as it was out of the one years Guarantee. 

Is there anything i can write to them, as this was just two weeks out from the Curry's Guarantee.

Gazza

warranties/guarantees mean nothing

they don't replace or remove your rights under the consumer rights act.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no..you need to read like faulty things threads here in the curry's forum.

you need to get an independent report done upon what has failed

you'll be able to reclaim this cost from curry's

then send that off and give curry's one chance to repair it.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

More and more Currys is turning out to be a crappy little company that doesn't have enough competition so there is no incentive for it to up its game.

However, I'm very sorry to see that you've been here since 2008, with quite a high post count and yet you still seem to be flummoxed when bullying retailers simply quote their warranties or terms and conditions at you and you haven't yet understood that these are meaningless and that it is your statutory rights which count.

Have you any idea what's wrong with the cooker?

Been absolutely no doubt that you will win – whatever action you have to take. So you can proceed with this claim with absolute confidence. However, you can be equally sure that Currys will do everything they can and spend far more than it's worth simply to crush you.

I have a sense that these cooker elements are replaceable – and it's not too costly. Obviously Currys must be held to account for it – and also in the event that they don't take responsibility for the repair, they must be made aware in advance that a repair is taking place – in case later on, they try to avoid any further responsibility on the grounds that you have carried out your own repair.

I think you will need to get a quote for the repair. Once you've done that then come back here and we will help you start dealing with Currys. It will take an initial message to them telling them that you have a quote and that you expect them to either carry out their own repair order to pay for the quote. If you don't hear back from them within say, five days, (no more in the case of Currys) then 14 day letter of claim and then send them the good news.

Incidentally, when you contacted Currys, did you do so on the phone? Of course you have been here so long that you are pretty familiar with our customer services guide and you would have recorded the call. Bravo – because that will be a very useful conversation to refer to if it goes to court.

Have you managed to get any quotes for this work?

As soon as you do we can help you draft a letter to Currys

Hi Bankfodder

I Managed to get a part for it which was £30, and fixed the cooker.

I have sent Curry's a letter stating the costs, but cant see them getting back to me.

Once again thankyou for all your help in this matter.

Gazza

• Thanks 1

Well I'm very pleased that you have managed to fix it.
You won't be surprised if I say to you that I don't think you should let it go. Particularly on a sum as small as this, the chances that Currys will want to go to court are vanishingly small. They're stupid enough that you might have to issue the court papers but they would put their hands up – and if they didn't it would be a definite win anyway.

Let us know if you want to go forward – and of course we will help you all the way.

Good to hear the cooker is fixed at such a low cost.

If you'd had a mainstream manufacturer's engineer visit to repair, the cost would have been at least £90 plus parts (at their parts prices!)

Of course, unless the repair was done by either Currys or the manufacturer's own engineers, they will now have grounds to deny any ongoing consumer rights you had under CRA 2015. But I doubt this will be of much concern to you in the circumstances

What make was the cooker and what part did you replace ?

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

about 3 yrs ago my rangemaster failed on the main oven

it had a 10yrs guarantee that was on year 9.

they wanted £315 to fix it even under the supposed guarantee, i did it for £37 new element off their website !!

and they

Way to go DX 🔧🔨  👍

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)