Electric tied with rent Management co went bust..now another demanding all back usage.

Hi All,

Been a while and hoped you could help me out..

I'm currently renting from a landlord, private let, and in a building.

One of the stipulations is that the electric is not from a supplier but from the building management, and should be paid to the landlord/lady.

which went fine until the whole covid thing happened.

I didnt hear from her at all as apparently the management company of the building went bankrupt and passed the account on to another business.

6 Months later, I get a myriad of electric bills in and am expected to pay them within 2 weeks?

Can this happen or should i ask the landlady for some grace time?

I'm a little nervous about this as we've had a great relationship until now.

Hope to hear back

• dx100uk changed the title to Electric supply tied in with rent contract. cant get cheaper?

if you should have been paying her

what does it matter if the company changes?

you still have to pay regardless..

why have you not been doing so?

ok you didn't know the actually exact value?

but...

so for how long have you not paid..and what have you done with the money you've been putting aside since then to pay this bill?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Electric tied with rent Management co went bust..now another demanding all back usage.

AdriHD

What does in say in your tenancy agreement about paying bills ?

Whose name are these bills in ?

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

@dx, indeed but the lst 2 bills, first was after 2 months, I paid that in full, the latter was a while later, so apid that and 3 months in advance.

Anything regular which I could budge by woule be great but I'd attempted to speak to them and 've "upset them as out summunication was billiant until now", so basically if I STFU, perfect...

I've asked for either monthly or quartlerly billing to even things out, but as they said, "I dnot knwo when I get them, I'll jsut forward them to you".... So as its in the contract that I pay them electic, have I got any say abou thow they manage the frequency?

I tried to mitigate against their weirdess with the alst payment by making an advance (3 or so months) payment, and yet again the payments are all over the show?

I dont want to rock the boat, but I had everthing planned out until I get anotehr oddly dated invoice, with no coherent frequqncy.

Any avice? 

• 3 weeks later...

Its fine, it just so happened that they're happy wit h me paying it off at a realistic level. I think that he landlady went little too far, but things have been smoothed over.

Thanks for the help.