15 debts with DCA

emski77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1160 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please do not judge me that there are 15 debts with DCA.

They were accumulated when I was in an abusive relationship and he used my credit, unbeknown to me. I have been dealing with significant metal illness since this in 2018 and I am now in a place where I feel I can deal with it.

The current DCA are Cabot, Debt Managers, Lowell and Intrum.

There is no way that I can afford to pay off £15k of debt, I earn an average wage with the usual rent, bills and childcare of £600 a month.

Someone recommended the 3 letter process and CCA request but it is all a bit over my head. 

Is the 3 letter process worth doing? I would like a mortgage at some point in my life and I fear that this has destroyed all of my chances of ever owning a home.

Any suggestions or support would be greatly appreciated, it's a very embarrassing topic for me to open up about but I want to deal with it now.

Many thanks

Hi and welcome to the forum  emski77.

No judgment here on CAG...have you heard of a DRO Debt Relief Order ?  May be worth considering in view of the amount of debt.....and you are currently renting.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

and dont follow that rubbish freeman of the land 3 letter twaddle!!

how old are these debts?,

they are all with DCA's so if they are very historic then they'll have a very hard time getting any enforceable agreements out of the original creditors and without those, they are up a creek demanding any money from you.

just remember too that once a defaulted debt on your credit file reaches the 6yrs birthday of the defaulted date ...they vanish!

so wont hurt a mortgage application...doesnt mean they might not be owed, but as above, if a CCa request turns up nothing then.....

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi welcome to CAG....

No such thing as a three letter process, that's something fantasists have dreamt up thinking they don't need to contribute to society. Steer WELL clear it will only get you into trouble.

Give everyone a little more info and the advice will come, remember also that it is Not a crime to be in debt.

When did you find out your other half was abusing your credit cards?

You are aware that this is fraud? On his part?

• Like 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!