moving banks

johnny22

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5687 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am in the position now where I am about to write to Barclays to try and recover charges made over the last 6 years for overdraft referal fees, I think I will be looking at circa "£4,000.00"

I pay my salary into the account every month so always clear the overdraft.

A couple of questions if I may?

1. Are Barclays likely to close my account if I do?

2. If so how long have I got to set up new account?

3. Will moving to a new bank affect my credit rating as I am about to purchase a property?

Many thanks for your help (in advance!)

Johnny22

as far as i know barclays do not tend to close accounts - i havn't come accross one while reading barclays threads anyway. I beleive they cannot close an account that is in dispute (which yours will be as soon as you ask for your money back) so you will have a few months at least. However, it may be worth setting up another account just in case and to make the most of your £4000 by getting a better rate of interest for when you are in credit. Martin Lewis's site moneysavingexpert.com has an excellent artical to help you find another. Bank Accounts: 0% overdraft , 6% interest plus £50 sign-up bribe | MoneySavingExpert.com,

hope this helps

x ramouth

Guest ian cognito

Another point worth considering is that lenders prefer you to have held a bank account for at least 3 years so I wouldn't move unless you have to.