Tried returning faulty Freezer repeatedly, Seller gone bust.

craigten
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1154 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all:

• Bought Freezer from Amazon in Jan 2020
  • February 2020 it developed a fault and was told by seller (Idealkit) to chase manufacturer.
  • Lots of emails between then and late last year, including Amazon who kept 'filing an A-Z' claim but never concluded they could help.
  • Seller gone bust.

Is there anything I can do here, please?

How did you pay?

Thanks. Is there any particular reason why you left it so long to deal with it? A bit late now but if you had dealt with it in the first 120 days, you might have been able to take advantage of the chargeback scheme.

What exactly is wrong with it? Does it not work altogether?

If the retailer has gone bust then there may be very little you can do.

Thanks. Is there any particular reason why you left it so long to deal with it? A bit late now but if you had dealt with it in the first 120 days, you might have been able to take advantage of the chargeback scheme.

The best way I can answer this, which will be the case for some other threads I will start in due course where I would liked to have done something about it at the time / when it would have been advantageous, is this - I have had a LOT of sh*t going on this last two to three years. However, I am now making good ground on making up for lost time, but I can only do it well if I continue to have good help from you people on here.

What exactly is wrong with it? Does it not work altogether?

Originally it was intermittently turning off completely. We stopped using it after that, now it doesn't work at all.

If the retailer has gone bust then there may be very little you can do.

OK. Does the fact that I purchased it through Amazon not make a difference?

I'm not sure what the status of Amazon is in this circumstance. I think this is the Amazon Marketplace in which it simply brings sellers and purchasers together.

I think you need to have a look around the Internet – or even on this forum to see if there is any information about the status of Amazon in the circumstances that I have a sense that they aren't a contracting partner and therefore not have any liability.
I have a sense that their status is rather like eBay – simply a forum for sales.
I can't imagine what it must be like having a useless nonworking freezer in your home – basically nothing more than a rather large and intrusive cupboard.

If there is nothing that can be done then I suppose that you will have to do look at replacing it and having it disposed of.

Although it doesn't help now, I suggestions are that in future you buy items with a credit card rather than the debit card. Even if that means that you make a quick purchase with the credit card and then reimburse it using your debit card, at least you then take protection of section 75 Consumer Credit Act which would have protected you in this circumstance.

The second thing is to start reacting more quickly.

4 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

I'm not sure what the status of Amazon is in this circumstance. I think this is the Amazon Marketplace in which it simply brings sellers and purchasers together.

OK, thank you.

I think you need to have a look around the Internet – or even on this forum to see if there is any information about the status of Amazon in the circumstances that I have a sense that they aren't a contracting partner and therefore not have any liability.
I have a sense that their status is rather like eBay – simply a forum for sales.
I can't imagine what it must be like having a useless nonworking freezer in your home – basically nothing more than a rather large and intrusive cupboard.

Luckily it's in the garage.

If there is nothing that can be done then I suppose that you will have to do look at replacing it and having it disposed of.

Although it doesn't help now, I suggestions are that in future you buy items with a credit card rather than the debit card. Even if that means that you make a quick purchase with the credit card and then reimburse it using your debit card, at least you then take protection of section 75 Consumer Credit Act which would have protected you in this circumstance.

The second thing is to start reacting more quickly.

I have been / am / will try to.