Tiger sheds - delayed delivery, shoddy workmanship, etc

craigten
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1158 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Paid £455 for a shed from the above. I took some time off work (almost a day) before realising it wasn't arriving. It came the next day and was disappointed to find not all the wood was treated, nails were sticking out of some areas, some of the wood had cracked and the self employed DIY man I employed to put it together said he had to put a brace in to keep it straight.

I have emailed them twice re the issues and they have not responded. Very bad rep on Trust Pilot (yes, I looked post-purchase!!)

Is this a 7 day letter and then small claims court? Also, what would you suggest I claim - a percentage? Should I include the time taken off work for the non-delivery?

Thank you, as ever.

I'm sorry because I keep on having a pop at you – and looking at your other post about the freezer, it doesn't seem to me as if it's going to be the only time.

However, this is addressed to you but also anybody else who reads this thread.

You've been here an awful long time and you should at least know that you need to give us some kind of chronology.

We have no idea when you bought it, how long you put up with it in this condition for et cetera et cetera. For all we know, you might have bought it in January 2020 and started to realise there was a problem in February 2020 – just like the freezer – but only came here to try and sort it out a year later.

Please help us by giving us at least the basics of the story so that we don't have to try too hard to understand the situation.

Thanks

Thank you. Have you formally asserted your right to reject?

You should do that immediately. Although it may be implicit in the messages you have sent so far, you need specifically to assert the right.

So write them a letter – email, but confirm in writing that you are rejecting the shed under the rights contained in the consumer rights act 2015.

You want them to make immediate arrangements for the return of the shed and you want an answer within seven days.

If you don't get any response – by say, 10 days then it looks like it's another letter of claim.

How did you pay?

Well you can try claiming for the additional time you had to take off work to be there when it was delivered late - assuming you had to take extra time off work.

You can try claiming for the poor quality of the shed etc., but what?  £50?

From their point of view, if you are keeping it you must be more happy with it than not so they won't be willing to pay much more than a token amount.

But nothing to stop you asking.  £100?

Well you can try claiming for the additional time you had to take off work to be there when it was delivered late - assuming you had to take extra time off work.

It did cost me, yes, but was extremely frustrating more than anything.

You can try claiming for the poor quality of the shed etc., but what?  £50?

From their point of view, if you are keeping it you must be more happy with it than not so they won't be willing to pay much more than a token amount.

Not 'more than happy', but it now does the job thanks to the bloke using a brace and doing a few workarounds for the cracked wood that leaked as well as leaky windows. So, ultimately, in my opinion, it isn't worth paying someone to now take it down or even do it myself.

But nothing to stop you asking.  £100?

Thanks for this. I agree with something like this. I don't want the world but an amount like this would work. 

So I will give it 10 days and then a LBA but would I jeopardise anything by sending a few emails more in the meantime or just leave it at the last one I sent?

II don't think you'd lose anything by emailing them again.  It perhaps makes you look more reasonable than if you jumped straight into suing them.  Provide some sort of breakdown of what you want.

If you get nowhere and still want to claim against them, I think your pre-action letter needs to give at least 14 days rather than the 7 you mentioned.  Look at other threads.

• Thanks 1