• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

The Royal BAnk of Scotland!!!

redusga64
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6421 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Like bankfodder said earlier, did you post the £10 payment to them at the time of the DPA request? As far as I'm aware the 40 days starts from when they receive the £10 fee and the DPA request. So if you've not done this then I'm afraid you may have to go back to day 1...

Regardless of whether you've sent the tenner you can always try phoning. Ask why they have failed to comply and tell them that you will go to the information commissioners office if they still persist in failing to send you the request. If they still don't play ball then go to the ICO, but it may take a while.

(Yes I work for a bank but am here to help! Please be nice to me! :))

Yes i sent them a £10 PO with the letter, when i went into my local branch last week they spoke to my branch manager who had informed them that my letter has been sent on to another department to be dealt with.

I will give him a call this morning to find out exactly what is going on.

Thanks

Called my branch and requested to speak to the branch manger he would not speak to me directly and wanted to know what i was calling about the clerk informed me that the statements had been ordered and can't understand why i have not received it but she will place another order i have a feeling they might actually be trying to stall me. I will wait till next week to see if they arrive if not i will consider reporting them to ICO.

It can take up to two weeks for the historic statements to arrive. That's obviously no excuse for the 40days you've waited already but just letting you know if they are ordered properly this time thats the sort of timescales your looking at.

(Yes I work for a bank but am here to help! Please be nice to me! :))

• 2 weeks later...

Well i finally got my backdated statements and i'm astounded of the different amounts they decide on charging, besides the first intial charge i'm charged again at the end of each month.

The total charges for 3 years is £1294.69 the interest alone is £231.32 well i can honestly say i'm looking forward to my next holiday.

I've just completed my preliminary approach letter i'm just off to the post office to send it recorded delivery.

Having read everyones post i can't help but feel that before i receive the money owed to me that somehow the banks will find a loop hole to get out call it nerves or is this too good to be true????

• 2 weeks later...

Well 14 days on and still no reply i will now draw up my LBA and get it sent today.

Would you believe i got another charge this week when i called the branch to find out what it was for they said it had to do with misuse of my card on the day my wages went into my account i asked them how they managed to work that one out well without an explanination they couldn't give it was refunded.

• 2 weeks later...

Well received a letter from Jeremy Atkinson my branch manger yesterday stating:

We believe that our charges are fair, reasonable and transparent. We consider that the amounts debited to your account have been applied strictly in accordance with your agreement with us and our published tariff, which we are satisfied, complies with all applicable laws and regulations. We are also committed to ensuring the transparency of the information that we give to our customers about the operation of our products.

We have considered and responded to the OFT statement of 5th April. We do not accept the OFT's findings in relation to credit card fees. We are concerned that the OFT has publicy called into question the setting of charges applied to other products, including current accounts. The OFT has restricted its investigation to credit cards and made no attempt to consult with RBS or the industry in relation to other, entirely different products.

Consequently, against the background, we must differ witht he views expressed in your letter and will not be refunding any charges applied to your bank account.

Blah blah blah.

Jeremy Atkinson

Please someone tell me what he's trying to say besides the fact he is not giving me back my money is he just trying to put me off? I guess i should start court proceddings?

yup, onto the next step.

LBA isnt it?

ah you've done that, the next one then :)

RBoS:

Student Current Account: £300

Current Account: £100

Total = £400

• Statements requested 3/4, Received 26/4.
  • Pre-lim letter sent for both accounts 29/5.
  • 'Bugger-off' reply received 7/6.
  • LBA Hand delivered to Branch Manager 9/6
  • Reply received and ensuing email conversation terminated 21/6.
  • Claim Filed with Edinburgh Sheriff court 27/6.

• Return Date is 01/08, Hearing Date 08/08!
  • Letter REcieved 2/8 offering £280, Declined.
  • Phone call same day offering full amount + fees.

RESULT!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have not yet been able to do the file the money claim form as i'm in the process of moving abroad and will be out the country from end of the week till end of July. Will this go against me that i have not followed through straight after i have received the letter?

• 4 weeks later...

Well i'm now back and fuming big time, i did a good deed for my grandmother as she lives in a different country she gave me a cheque for £500 for her to get the cash just before i went away while i was away i tried to get money from the same account it was empty i called my mother to find out what was going on it seems my grandmother gave me a cheque for the wrong account so it bounced so my account got wiped i got charges for everything even the standing order set up to go to my own savings account anyway she replaced the cheque but obviously this was to late as my credit card for Capital Pxxxs was not paid (see seperate thread) which caused me to get over £60 in charges plus RBS has given me nearly £100 in charges what big cock up. I now cannot afford to pay the fee for the money claim until this is all sorted which is kind of hard as their saying the usual rubbish.

What do i do?????

The site seems to have got really popular that i'm waiting longer for my advice.

But it's a good thing alot more people are aware of what these banks have been scr**ing us for over the years i wish everyone the best of luck.

The site seems to have got really popular that i'm waiting longer for my advice.

But it's a good thing alot more people are aware of what these banks have been scr**ing us for over the years i wish everyone the best of luck.

I think I may have missed something here. did you not recieve any offer to your LBA? I am in the same position as you. I will file my MCOL on tuesday not sure where'll I'll find the fee to do it but I will. I feel like the only person who has not had any offer at all :-(

RBOS: Fob off letter recieved 28th June.

LBA for £2,690 & LBA for £3,240 sent 1st July. Replt to LBA'S recieved 14/7/06......fob off again!!! watch this space

:lol: MCOL submitted 19/07/06 :cool:

• 2 months later...
I have been with the Royal BAnk of Scotland for over 6 years i have a good relationship with some of the staff in my branch but this does not stop them from hitting me with charges as this became a problem i requested if there was an problems for them to contact me they did on several occassions where i was able to cover before the charges went through and got them cancelled but this has stopped and having checked my account today i have been hit with over £145 of bank charges. Knowing that i have paid alot in charges over the last 6 years i thought this has to end somewhere and i proceeded to write the letter which i got from the library but now i'm unsure of to post it or not as to the head office is in Edinburgh can anyone help me on this and advise what i should do?

Thanks

rudasga64

Take the letter personally to your bank and also cc a copy to their HQ. I am having a similar problem to your. But do not give in

Good Luck

Vasu:)

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/05/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6421 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks