Morrisons Groceries Online selling short dated products

jazztheman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1166 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received an online grocery order from Morrisons on the 11/2/21 at 6 pm and I was disappointed with a very short use by date on two of the products, pasties and mince meat.

The pasties had a use by date of the 11/2/21 and the mince meat had an expiry date of the 13/2/21. I complained to Morrisons who refunded the pasties but refused to refund the mince meat because they said there were three days of life on the product.

My question is what is the time the use by date comes into force?  I would have thought that a product with a use by date of the 13/2 should be used by this date i.e. midnight on the 12/2.

It seems that these online grocery stores are dumping off short dated to their online customers, if these short dated products were sold in store they would be put on the discounted section due to having a short date.

objectively ...how do they know you are not putting it in a freezer thus extending it's life?

i see you have travelled this road before too...

Online Grocery Shopping with short use by dates? - Page 2 - Retailers - High Street and On-line Stores Forums - Consumer Action Group

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It's "Use by... " and not "Use before... "

Thus "Use by 13-02-21" means you have all of the 24 hours on 13th February in which to use it (plus, most sensible people would say, another 24 or 48 hours after that)

Are you getting confused with "Best Before... " dates which are only meant to be guides and not set in stone?

Have noticed that the shops have loads of fresh produce with short sell by dates, because shoppers have changed buying habits. They are now buying frozen and canned produce, presumably due to being in a state of lockdown, thinking they need store items just in case they are stuck in their homes.

So I have been buying fresh reduced priced items that can be frozen. Waitrose is really good for this, as their customers usually buy more expensive fresh quality produce, but no longer do so as much. Result is fridges full of reduced items every day of the week.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for the replies and the explanation on 'use by' dates.

I did have a Tesco delivery a few weeks ago which are very hard to book. What a difference all of the fresh produce had an excellent date before expiry. 

I will drop Morrisons online delivery and  try to stick with Tesco.

My view is it happens and it is how they deal with it that matters. I have used ASDA, Tesco and Sainsbury for deliveries based usually on who has slots available. Non have been perfect but all have refunded for errors. During the first lockdown ASDA would not take substitutions back but would refund if they were unacceptable .

Just check the delivery off and contact them if there is a problem 

However I have found Morrisons customer service to be less than stellar. 

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .