Parcel sent via Royal Mail to National Distribution Centre. Now it cant be found

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1062 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder whether anyone here can help me with this issue.

We returned an item which was purchased on line as a Christmas gift due to the size being wrong.  

The Christmas present ( A leather jacket - £345.00) was unworn and was sent back to what we thought was the address of the seller company but, according to them they do not use Royal Mail Tracked for their returns only DPD so it is possible we attached the wrong "returns" label to the parcel.  

This is where our problems start.  

We have proof of posting and proof of value of the item.  

We can also see that the item was delivered to "an address" 2 days later (from the Royal Mail track and trace web page) .  

The address on the post office receipt says "National Distribution Centre XX40 1EH".

The On Line Tracking says it was delivered to "NDC RDC Delivery at 02:09 on 6 January 2021 ( 2 days after posting).  

Our problem is that no matter how much searching or banging on the desk at the local PO ( point of sending) no one seems to know where NDC RDC Delivery is and no one has any contact details for any one at the location NDC XX40 1EH. 

I suspect the parcel was sent with a return label to another company which offered free returns in one of the other Christmas gifts.  

If I could track where the item was delivered to I might be able to track down the jacket and either get it returned ( I am prepared to pay the return cost) or seek some compensation.

HELP PLEASE ........... :-(( 

Taffy.

So it sounds as if you were returning a raft of Christmas presents to various retailers – but mixed up the labels.

If you mixed up the labels, that suggest that there is another parcel that is going astray as well.

Anyway, I'm not quite sure why you have mentioned DPD and Royal mail almost in the same breath.

Can you please specify who was responsible for the parcel – and what action you have taken about it so far.

XX 1EH appears to be a non-geographic postcode for Royal Mail returns to a retailer called "HP".  Did you buy abything for Xmas from HP (whoever they are)?

I found it in 2 minutes - surely PO/RM staff could too?

I found it here - about one third of the way down the page (although it seems to be a New Zeland website?)

https://ukpostcode.nin.nz/uk/postcode_region/Non-geographic-postcodes

EDIT This website shows it as HP/Cycleon.  Ring a bell?

https://www.secret-bases.co.uk/wiki/List_of_postcode_areas_in_the_United_Kingdom

Edited by Manxman in exile

rdc is regional distribution centre

that would have been your local region RDC ..where parcels get sent to from your local sorting office

who have sent it to the national distribution centre 

if it is true NDC XX40 1EH is HP 

then your jacket is on the way to the US of A i will guess.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So taffy_taylor, had you bought something from HP round about the same time as the jacket?

Hate to say it, but if you got the returns labels mixed up it's not really anybody's fault but your own.

If you search around, can you still find the stray returns label that should have been used for the jacket?  Or is it possible you have also attempted to return a HP product and have unintentionally returned it to the jacket's retailer?  (!!!!)

I suppose it is a remote possibility that you used the correct label but for some reason RM delivered it to HP's returns centre.  Do you have any evidence at all of where you sent it to?  Did you keep a note or take a photo?  Or it might be a (even more) remote possibility you were sent the wrong returns label - but seems very unlikely.

Don't know what you do except follow EVERY avenue of inquiry with both RM and PO (remember they are separate organisations) and also start asking HP and the retailer of the jacket.

Good luck!

Thank you all for prompt responses.

Manxman - Yes I also found the HP/Cycleon reference .  

But also the same post code is Cycleon/Michael Kors.  

I have it down to Cycleon and they are based in Amsterdam.  

My problem is trying to identify who I can contact at the NDC in the UK to say

" Hi, This reference number on the RM tracking receipt - Can you tell me who you sent it to".  

I cannot find anyone or any contact at this so called NDC.

If I could ask at this NDC where that tracking number was sent to which retailer then I can call them.  

As far as it being no one else fault but my own -

First, Thanks for that. I kind of know I made a mistake.

However, someone has a £345 jacket that doesn't belong to them.

It's not like I left it on a park bench or in the Pub ( Some hope these days).

No one is accepting responsibility or even trying to answer a simple question " where did you deliver it to?"

I was hoping that someone may have had a similar problem trying to track down the NDC and could help with a contact.

Even though you made a mistake – it certainly the case that whichever parcel they were meant to be delivering – they are responsible for.

So even though you inadvertently sent a jacket, if that's what they carried for you then that's what they are liable for. However, did you declare a value? You will only be able to recover a maximum of the declared value for the item which was sent – regardless of whether it was the item you intended to send.

So maybe it will help if we can forget about intentions.

What did you send?
Who did you use to send it?
What value did you declare for it?

That lot for starters

BankFodder-

Thanks .  Brown leather jacket, Sent using a pre paid "returns label" via the Royal Mail Tracker 48 and the full value was declared at the time of sending to Post office counter.  The track web site says it was delivered by NDC RDC at 02:09 on 6 January 2021 but no one in RM seems to know where to!

T_T

And what was the declared value – and is that what you intended to send? What was the intended item?

Have you begun a formal complaint process to Royal mail?

BankFodder.

Yes I have completed the on line "claim" for lost item on RM web site but I don t think I will win that as they can prove it was delivered.

Now I accept they delivered it and obviously to the address I sent it to.  

My problem is that they don't seem to know or want to tell me to where it was delivered.  

The declared value was £345.00 and the item was meant to be sent as a return for a new size but it didn't go back to the company I bought it from.

Thats it!  

Surely RM have a duty to know where they sent a "Tracked" item to?

T_T

Errmm...

How does anyone know it's been lost until it hasn't been delivered to the addressee?

If the tracking says it was delivered to "National Distribution Centre at XX40 1EH" and that was the address on the returns label used by the OP (or perhaps is a waypoint on the destination to the final address on the returns label used) then who is to say it's been lost?

Until it hasn't been delivered to HP or Cycleon or Michael Kors (or whoever) nobody can say it has been lost.  The fact that RM can't locate it at the moment doesn't necessarily mean it's been lost - as dx100 suggested it may currently be en route to the US.

At the moment nobody (including the OP) seems to know if (1) the OP sent it to the right address but RM delivered it to the wrong place, or (2) the OP sent it to the wrong place and RM have delivered it there or it is en route there, or (3) RM have lost it.  [EDIT: or (4) the OP sent it to the right address but it hasn't reached there yet!]

Does the OP even have a record of where it was sent to - as opposed to where it's been delivered?

And if the OP has used the wrong address label, what can RM do even if they locate it, except tell the OP what its destination is?  Once it's entered the postal system that's it, isn't it?  If I send something with the wrong address on, once it's in the postal system I can't get it intercepted or redirected can I?

The OP would just have to contact the addressee and try to get them to return it when it was delivered.

Edited by Manxman in exile

Might there be a possibility that it was correctly delivered – but when it was opened by the recipient, they found that it was not the correct item and so therefore it hasn't been logged in.

1 minute ago, BankFodder said:

Might there be a possibility that it was correctly delivered – but when it was opened by the recipient, they found that it was not the correct item and so therefore it hasn't been logged in.

I am sure it has.  I just need to know where the RM delivered it to.   I can then contact the recipient and ask them to return it at my cost.

But I understand that recipient was a retailer – is that correct? If that is right, then they will be receiving hundreds of items

1 minute ago, Manxman in exile said:

Unless the OP knows for sure what the address was on the returns label they used, then I think virtually anything is possible.

RM apply a tracking number at the point of dispatch.  I have that number as I have a receipt from them.  I have given them that number but they say they can't tell me where they delivered it to except NDC - That is what I was hoping someone might be able to tell me - Where that is?  Can I Contact them?

I think the only chance you have (if you did send it to the wrong address) is RM telling you where it's headed.

I don't think I'm particularly surprised they can't contact anyone at XX40 1EH as I presume it's not a real "place".  It's just a code that describes some waypoint for returns being delivered to... whoever XX40 1EH belongs to.

Depending on what the label you used said, it's quite possible that as far as RM are concerned it was delivered to it's final destination when it was delivered to XX40 1EH.  If it was finally destined for somewhere outside the UK (eg going back to HP in the US) it may well be that there is no tracking after it's reached its final stage in the UK before being shipped to the US.  I don't know, for example, how Royal Mail tracking numbers work after they have left these shores and how the US Postal services would track them - if at all.

I think your chances of finding someone at XX40 1EH who can help are approaching zero.  Unless somebody has a better idea you need to wait until Monday and try to speak to a human being at RM to whom you cn explain the problem and ask for their advice.  Nobody at your local post office will know the answer.

What hp product was it the mistakenly used returns label from please?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The OP doesn't know if it's connected with a returns label from HP or not. 

Nor do they seem to know for certain what return address or label was used.

I think all they know is it's been delivered to somewhere that equates to the postcode XX40 1EH - which may or may not belong to HP... or Cycleon... or Michael Kors

Nobody knows if it was delivered there by RM in error, or if it was delivered correctly by them according to the address on the return label.

I suppose it's not inconceivable that XX40 1EH is actually the correct route or destination for the OP's return - it's just that it means nothing to the OP.  Maybe it identifies returns for another retailer in addition to HP, Cycleon and Michael Kors.

The OP needs to speak to a human being at RM and explain the problem to them.

Rm tracking can be used on USPS website, if it has been sent to US. Rm site will have small updates, but USPS would have a lot more.

Generally speaking any national distribution centres will not speak to customers, that will be why numbers won’t be found for them, that could be generic location before company gets them.

Edited by anmarj
  • Like 1

No I don’t, if you look at that secret bases, its a virtual postcode, it could be anywhere or a big central place that takes all the returns and then retailers collect them.  Rm are unlikely to give that number out to joe public. That site states hp/cycleon retail returns, i read that to be a central point rather than being HP in its own - just seen something on twitter for a return, and it appears to be a generic central point for companies to send their returns to. It maybe got to the right place.

has the OP actually chased the company she bought it from?