Chobham Central Garage strikes again!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1161 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased an Alfa Romeo from this garage 21.08.20 not knowing of its reputation. I realised it had an oil leak so took it to a local garage (CCG wasn't interested in checking it) so have found that its been botched and I have become another victim of their lies and fraud. Have I lost money that I simply can't afford to loose? I rang CCG, spoke to Nathan and was told to email their "complaints department", which I did. Then I found lots of articles about this company. I need help. Please. 

20210213_121818.thumb.jpg.db424e54abd5bf82f9edf3abfce727d5.jpg20210213_121801.thumb.jpg.9430db720ca51d98d51c0cb391f18f73.jpg

Another victim of this company. I'm sure you realise that now – and it's rather difficult to get anything sorted out.

Presumably you paid by bank transfer?

I'm going to contact some of the other victims who will be pleased to come along and give you their experiences and any advice. However, I can tell you that it's tricky. I hope you have read the daily mail article https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8778829/Downfall-car-dealer-sold-death-traps-Chancer-forged-court-papers-refused-pay-refunds.html

I'm afraid that you have probably been ripped off by Ahmed Alwaheeb and his mates – who are still around although we don't really know if they're still trading that they seem to be very good at avoiding their responsibilities and liability.

I paid part cash part debit card. Yes have read the article and then some. Having only just recovered from a severe mental issue, I dont think I can fight it without breaking me in the process. They still run out of the same address, same names, still advertising on auto trader, same complaint email address. 

How much did you pay by debit card?

When you spoke to them about this oil leak problem – and the other problems, what did they say?

I'm sorry that you feel fragile a moment. I quite understand – do you think that you would be strong enough to take a County Court action if necessary? (It probably would be necessary – and would be unlikely to produce the complete results that you wanted)

Sorry to learn of another victim to this syndicate.

I would definitely look down the route of legal action. As stressful as it may be, something has to be done. These guys are crooks through to the bone.

Also speak to your bank, the debit card payment might be able to be reversed, I know that credit card companies can do this.

I'm afraid that you need to understand that we believe that this "MotorComplaint" is actually a web strike/"service" set up by Chobham and the other names that they go under and which have the effect of giving people the impression that they are going to an independent complaints service – which they're not.

I'm afraid we can't even be sure that there is such a person as Alex Brodie. They may be of course – but it seems that there are so many different names of people and so many different company names that nobody really knows who is who.

The only thing which seems to have produced any results in the past has been legal actions which have resulted in judgements and then sometimes – but not always – have resulted in some part payment which apparently has been made on conditions of confidentiality.

However, I would say that gagging agreements here are totally unenforceable and you shouldn't worry about them.

I'm sorry to say that you are in a very difficult position. You should certainly try chargeback and we will help you although it has been 176 days since you made the deal and normally speaking a chargeback must be brought within 120 days.

I think that it should be discussed with your bank and I think that you should get as much evidence as possible of the problems that this company is causing for people – including the daily mail article – and show your bank that there is something extremely sinister and dubious going on here and for this reason they should give you a chargeback – at least of the money that you paid.

How much was chargeback sum please?

I see that the time limit for chargebacks is 120 days but can be extended sometimes. I think it's reasonable to say to your bank that you could not have learnt of the problems and also about the difficulties with this particular company and that you came back to the bank as quickly as you could – without wasting any time as soon as you found out.

I certainly think that the bank ought to be on enquiry and it seems to me that the company's bank should be informed and should be made aware of the daily mail article.

Can you tell us what bank you transfer the money to please

@Pandora44 please can you confirm the date that you receive this message from this so-called Alex Brodie character.

Okay well that means they are still functioning.

You haven't addressed the question as to how much you paid on the debit card

I suggest that you telephone your bank and ask them on what basis they might be prepared to extend the 120 day limit for asking for a chargeback.

I think you should tell them that basically been defrauded.

I think that you may need to start a legal action – and on the basis that you will win – then you may be able to persuade your bank to extend the limit. If you start a legal action against them then I expect that you will win – but enforcing will be difficult.
This means of course that you will have to pay out the claim fee and if they decide to defend then you would have to pay a hearing fee as well. Of course you may consider that this is putting more good money after bad but I'm afraid it's the only chance that you have of making headway.

I'm not sure what else to suggest. You are definitely dealing with a bunch of people they seem to be very organised at avoiding liability. I'm pleased to say that by and large since the daily mail article, we haven't had any new cases – but I can imagine that there are people who are still being disappointed.

You bought your car before the publicity – but I'm afraid that you are still suffering the fallout of this bad lot.

There have been complaints made to various authorities – but frankly no one is really interested. Not trading standards, not the police. It was only quite by luck that we managed to find some journalists who were interested in investigating – and even they had quite a hard job trying to identify the responsible people and the various companies.
They seem to pass under a range of different company names and nobody is ever sure whether the people they are dealing with are functioning in their real names or under false names.

The only other thing you can do in addition is to make sure you put reviews around the Internet including trust pilot and naming them as clearly as possible and explaining the problem. I'm afraid that won't bring a resolution for you, but it will help to make them more notorious.

If you want to start a legal action then please do let us know. We will help you.

If you want to approach your bank for a chargeback – at least of your £1300 then we will try to help you there but it will be difficult. You will have much better success if you first will get a judgement.

I did ask you which bank you had major transfer to but you haven't responded. It would be helpful if you could tell us the name of the bank – and also the code of that branch – although don't bother to tell us the account number at the moment.

Hi

Just to clarify for you about 'MotorComplaint' they are NOT Independent Complaints for the Motor Industry. (they may look it but they are NOT)

You need to look very closely at 'MotorComplaint' Website and it is there:

MotorComplaint Terms and Conditions: http://motorcomplaint.com/terms-and-condition.html

At the very begininng of it it states:

www.motorcomplaint.com is the property of the Automotive Vehicle Brokers Limited T/as MotorComplaint. Automotive Vehicle Brokers Limited is a company registered in England and Wales under registration number 12251519

Then go to the very bottom of the webpage and it states:

The data protection registration reference for MotorComplaint is ZA434106

When you look up Company Number 12251519 on Companies House you get:
https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/12251519

(note: Automotive Vehicle Brokers Limited)

Then check the data protection number ZA434106 on the ICO Register you get:
https://ico.org.uk/ESDWebPages/Entry/ZA434106

(note: Data Controller is Crown Motor Direct Limited, Otther Names EMC Car Sales Chobham Central Garage)

• Like 1

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group