EON Debt ...L C S claim addressed to The Occupier.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1139 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:rockon:

but i am not the occupier i'm a strawman !!:crazy:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

On 11/03/2021 at 03:02, overdone2 said:
  •  
  • Could this thread continue without ad hominen implications and in a professional manner please.

Apologies for any inadvertant offence but your use of the meaningless term "legal name"; unnecessary confusion between civil and criminal procedures; comments about "intention" to create a binding agreement etc; and asking about avoiding statutory obligations (as spelled out by unclebulgaria in #22) are all usually typical of Freemen on the Land claptrap.

They occasionally come to these boards spouting dangerous rubbish.

As I say, apologies if you aren't one.

As others have asked, if you accept that you have used the energy resources in question, why not just pay what you owe?  The cost has to be recovered somehow.  From all other consumers?

Edited by Manxman in exile

I am aware of my moral obligations to pay for electricity I have used.

The point in dispute here is whether I should be charged this amount without my prior consent.

I have tried to ascertain what my consumer rights are in a situation such as mine from a legal perspective, as I am in unfamiliar territory.

The main reason for non compliance is money is cripplingly tight. Normally I would just have paid it accepting that it might be over what I would normally pay and just got on with it. My situation is not so sweet. I will wait to see if they locate from a central register a name that legally has some teeth.

Forgive me but, the most I can do at the moment is to buy some time. I was supposed to get a cold weather payment a few weeks back and that would have helped.  I think it's £25.00 they promised me via letter, in addition to the winter fuel allowance.  Still no sign of it.

On 09/03/2021 at 13:19, overdone2 said:

Yes but the landlord had them keep supplying the two fuels. Technically, I used the fuel.

simply write to eon , they will most probably allow you to pay this at a later date as funds appear rather short.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Or send EON a copy of the LCS letter advising that you moved in around x date and arranged your own energy suppliers. That EON have not previously sent any detailed energy statement to the address and you are puzzled why LCS have written to you.  Then explain that you are currently in a position of financial hardship and the letter has caused distress.

If it is only £37 EON may just write it off.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

You might be pleasantly surprised.  Do what unclebulgaria and dx100 suggest and simply contact EON and explain the situation you find yourself in.  It doesn't need to be an embarrassing sob story - simply a sincere and honest account as to why you can't pay because of financial hardship.  You've nothing to lose by contacting them.  They may not want to risk the possibility of bad publicity for £37!

14 hours ago, overdone2 said:

...The point in dispute here is whether I should be charged this amount without my prior consent...

AIUI your problem is that your situation is not covered by the normal common law principles of contract law (as frequently quoted on TV) because they are over-ridden by the statutory provisions linked to by unclebulgaria in #22.

(That is not an unusual situation by the way.  For example, pretty much all statutory consumer rights over-ride or replace previously existing common law contract principles).

But for the statutory provision the energy companies could find themselves supplying energy that they'd never get paid for every time properties changed hands.