Disabled parking bay PCN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1141 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

My mum used to care for a lady who had dementia and has now sadly passed away.

Whilst on a trip to the retail park to collect something for her, my mum parked in a disabled bay, clearly displaying the ladies disabled badge which was double checked as my mum walked away. Unfortunately the lady the did not like her photo badge on display as she panics about people knowing her identity based on past experiences, she removed it from the dash board but my mum was unaware this happened. 

She then got a ticket and tried to appeal but they told her she needs to pay, she has even provided them with proof that she has the disabled badge and yet they still require her to pay. Can someone please help us here, what rights does she have?

The appeal went against her and was directed to an independent appeal service, which was recommended by the issuing fine company. Both parties during this whole process has completely disregarded any mention of dementia which is the reason why she moved the badge.

The company have now passed this over to a debt collecting agency to pay or threatened her to face court action. I want to take this to court but want everyone's advice. 

Thank you so much,

Layla

Please tell us the name of this disgusting company.  Which car park?

• dx100uk changed the title to Disabled parking bay PCN

The way I read this is that your Mum parked in a disabled space leaving the badge on show and with the disabled person staying in the vehicle, who then removed the badge from display.

According to blue badge rules, this is not permitted and the disabled person must leave the vehicle, therefore, any fine or charge is justified.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-blue-badge-scheme-rights-and-responsibilities-in-england/the-blue-badge-scheme-rights-and-responsibilities-in-england

Note this para:-

• You should not use the badge to allow non-disabled people to take advantage of the benefits while you sit in the car.

Those rules don't apply to private car parks though, Muskey. Hopefully some of the forum regulars will be along later with more information.

Cherry, maybe you could let us have the details requested in the forum sticky, about the original ticket please?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

This is clearly NOT a council owned car park??

Which rouge outfit is it trying to extort money?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!