Bidster vs HSBC

bidstermeister
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6319 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Despite several letters, a few messages via their internet-banking system - and a template letter including a full breakdown of charges since 2002 (just shy of £1000)... HSBC are refusing to budge. I've had the usual "published tariff" response, and the "compain to the financial ombudsman" replies - Now we're at the stage where they have made their "final response".

Why is it possible for an organisation such as this to bury it's head in the sand with regards to un-lawful conduct ? I think I may try the "final response" line next time I want to avoid someone ;)

However - Today, they sent sent me a letter removing my £250 overdraft facility - Not really a problem but I think it's related. Now about to do the MCOL bit.

The BidsterMeister

Helper of the hapless and hopeless...

Hi,

The reason they "bury their heads in the sand" is really simple !!

They gleam about £3 BILLION a year from charges and interest on charges from the UK, would you dig a very large hole and shove your CEO's head in it as well LOL

Dec 2006 - Sucessfully recovered over £3k from HSBC with much help from CAG :-D

if you found this post helpful, please click my reputation, thank you

(The small print-my advice and opinions are my own, and are given freely and without predjudice or liability whatsoever)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after several letters - and plenty of messages via the internet banking system and their customer services e-mail address - I finally got a response via e-mail yesterday saying that "a response has been sent via mail"... I wonder if that's good or bad ?!

I replied instantly saying that should the "response" not be what I am asking for, then there'll be further trouble. I never got the call-back I was promised, having waited 3 days for it. I look forward to being called by their call centre staff now - As I'll be equally as un-willing to deal with any matters pressing.

Xmas is a great excuse to be miserable!

The BidsterMeister

Hi Bidster'

Ok, a couple of facts as to why there is no 'rapid' response and also why there is no consistancy regarding the HSBC (or any bank for that matter)

The HSBC adimisters around 500 million accounts worldwide (thats a lot of work - awwww) sorry NO sypathy intended, andthey 'collect' around £3 BILLION in charges in the UK alone, god knowa how much world wide, add all the charges they levy on business accounts and it is more than some countires are worth, but not quite as much as Bill Gates !!!

If you phone them you get through to the Phillipines, outer mongolia or my dad's shed but it's almost impossible to 'talk' to anyone in the UK, if you go into a brach they deney they are even a bank (or so it would seem)

So, along comes you (or me) and starts to make a nuscience or even become mildly irritating, so - the first line of defence is to ignore you completely, and then avoid all your requests, and eventually they will answer and refer to teh giant book of HSBC excuses etc etc

SO, with this in mind the only way to make them sit up and pay attention is to issue a claim through the court, and then what do the do, they pass it to a so called 'solicitors' funny how they to have HSBC e-mail address's etc, and they will drag it out to the bitter end, knowing they will pay up if you persist, but also thet for everyone that they pay out on, another 10 give up, get scared off or make a mistake that they know won't stand up in court - they are after all solictors and have at least 3 A levels.

So ,y friend, the answer is carefully read all the info, submit your claim keep very accurate records and NEVER give up, the money WILL be forthcoming !!!

(The small print-my advice and opinions are my own, and are given freely and without predjudice or liability whatsoever)

Letter arrived this morning from Colin Langdale, who gives the usual spiel about published tariffs and consideration of services etc. But, without any admission of liability - HSBC are prepared to offer me £800 in "full and final settlement of this matter". I originally claimed £875.50p, so not a bad offer.

The 2nd page, which I am asked to sign, also includes the "full and final settlement of this matter". I am assuming, that by "this matter", I should be free to persue any other un-lawful activities on HSBC's part with regards to my bank account ?!

For the sake of the amount offered, the time of year - I think I'm going to accept this and enjoy the xmas bonus.

The BidsterMeister

Blimey - that was easy by comparision to some - congratulation

• 3 weeks later...

3 days later... ANOTHER letter from good ol' Colin, this time offering the full amount - So I'm sending that back, too...

Anyway, another more pressing matter - Yesterday, HSBC Mastercard emptied my current account of almost £500. The last I heard from the card dept, was just before Xmas - I went through a Q+A with one of their people from the Southend office, financial income etc. I explained that I was hestiant to make any formal repayment agreement until my other complaint/claim had been resolved (the charges), we agreed that we'd wait until the New Year when the matter had been dealt with.

FFWD to the 5th Jan (after HSBC had credited my account with a large refund), and HSBC Mastercard then help themselves to what was left of it.

I have had no written/verbal contact with HSBC' card dept since that phone call... Just a big shock when I logged onto my account to see 0.00 in the balance column.... What are my options ? (if any)

The BidsterMeister