Lost parcel by Fedex booked through Parcel2go

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 286 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, 

I'm seeking advice on what to do here. 

I sent a parcel that contains an electrical appliance and it is worth £300

I booked Fedex express via parcel2go and paid for the full cover of £300 if it is lost. 

It was lost and fedex confirmed to me that they went back to parcel2go and advised to pay me $100 as this the maximum they cover. 

I have an open claim worth parcel2go and submitted all the documents but didn't hear back from them at all.

Every time i speak to their help chat they say they are waiting for the courier to come back to them.

The courier is saying they have resolved it from their end. 

My question i

s there any way i can take them to court as this is taking so much time and energy from me and I'm not getting anywhere with them. 

Also, if I paid for protection of £300 shouldn't fedex pay that? 

Thanks in advance

Please will you read the stories on the subforum particularly relating to Hermes because the experience with Hermes and p2g will be reasonably similar.

Also please read up on this forum about the steps involved in bringing a small claim in the county court.

Please monitor this thread for a fuller reply later or tomorrow.

If you have read around the sub- forum – especially about the Hermes stories, you will by now have understood that the insurance issue is not relevant. You should by now understand that it is unfair to expect the customer to ensure themselves against the negligence or criminality of the courier service provider.
However, we may as well know a little bit more detail. You say that FedEx told P2G only to pay you $100. This seems extraordinary that they should be giving instructions to P2G who are only the broker and should not be receiving instructions at all from anyone except for you – the customer. Maybe you can give us a bit more information on this – just out of curiosity because it's not relevant.

You could sue either FedEx or P2G. We have no experience here at all of suing FedEx so I have to say I would be curious and I'd be quite happy if you decided to do that. I expect it would go the same way as everything else. However, your contract is directly with P2G and we have taken them on a few times – with the usual result that eventually they put their hands up.
I suppose that is the best way to go.

I gather that you are still waiting for responses to your complaint to P2G.

Please can you give us a bit of chronology. Date sent, how long it's been going on. When did you make your complaint to P2G?

Are you prepared to issue a small claim?

So the long story is I booked the service of Fedex Express via Parcel2Go and the parcel was supposed to be at destination on 25th of January. On 27th, I used the chat service with P2Go and they opened a claim. I have paid the cover which I know understand is a trick!, for £300 which is the value of my parcel. 

I have submitted all the required information onto their portal but since then they have been sending me couple of emails that said the documents are rejected and when I check the portal, the documents are accepted. So I spoke to P2G through their chat and they keep saying they are waiting for the courier to come back to them. 

I called Fedex who then after a battle agreed to respond to my questions about this claim (According to them, as I booked the service through P2G, they can't tell me anything due to GDPR!). Fedex is saying they have settled this from their end with $100 and when I said I paid for a £300 cover they said I should take it with P2G directly. P2G are not responding to my emails and I can't get to them through their chat either so I guess yes I will be looking into putting a small claim unless you advice me with something else? 

Thanks a lot for your reply. You are really helping here. I will be donating something soon :) 

All right well I suggest that you simply send P2G a letter of claim.

Post a draft of the letter of claim here and will have a look.

Make sure you have read around the forum on how to bring a small claim in the County Court.

I suggest that you claim for the value of the item – as long as it was properly declared and all of the associated expenses – delivery costs, any insurance et cetera.

Makes also you read on the Hermes threads what happens when it goes to mediation – as it may well do here. Understand the mediation journey.

So I thought I will try P2G chat for one last time before proceeding with the small claim. The claims team on the chat (it took almost 45 min to get through to them!) have confirmed the case is in queue to be approved by a supervisor. The agent also said that thw compensation is put for £300 plus postage. I will wait until mid week perhaps Wednesday and if I hear nothing then i shall be proceeding with the claim. 

Will keep you posted. 

Thank you very much indeed for letting us know. It sounds very hopeful and I have to say we've had two or three positive results from P 2G without having to issue the claim papers. It seems that they are generally speaking more customer facing than Hermes, for instance.

Fingers crossed for you 🤞

Hello, 

I thought i will update you on this. I heard back from P2G today that they have approved the claim for £300 which is great but they haven't included the postal costs. When I viewed the claim it doea say theh will cover the postage costs too but that will be sent to the original method of payment. I shall be waiting to see the money in my account and will let you know. 

Thanks for the help anyways.