Scott’s of leeds - purchased car by HP with Close Brothers, told we could change to a cheaper Finance company the next day without issue - now ignoring us

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1163 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I’m new here so please forgive me if this is in the wrong place. 

my 21 year old  son is a key worker and his old car recently failed it’s MOT so he had to buy a car urgently. 
he found a car an hour from home at Scott’s of leeds which is a small car dealership. His only day available to view and collect a car due to work was a Sunday so I took him up there. He liked the car and the salesman was ok. However, we told him that there was a 95% chance the next day that my son would be able to access a better finance deal via an online company than the one the garage was offering. This online company car finance 247 was unavailable on the Sunday. The car salesman clearly and repeatedly said don’t worry about it sign our finance deal today on the Sunday so you can take the car away and you can simply switch it to the better rate finance on the Monday. My son did this as he needed a car and it was an hour from our house. We felt fully assured by the salesman it was a simple quick process. We rang back Monday to try to swap the finance as agreed and now neither the garage or the original finance company close brothers will assist us in doing this. The finance company are saying it’s upto the garage to return the funds they’ve been paid but the garage are refusing to do this now as they’ve done nothing wrong and as far as they’re concerned the deal is done end of story. This will now stop my son saving £915 in interest over 4 years. The garage are refusing to speak to us now. Pls can anyone help or give me proper advice rather than just a finger in the air opinion. He paid £5150 for the car plus £99 admin fee and he paid £500 deposit on his debit card. TIA 

Hi, I’m new here so please forgive me if this is in the wrong place. 

my 21 year old  son is a key worker and his old car recently failed it’s MOT so he had to buy a car urgently. 

he found a car an hour from home at Scott’s of leeds which is a small car dealership.  https://www.scottsofleeds.co.uk/
His only day available to view and collect a car due to work was a Sunday so I took him up there. He liked the car and the salesman was ok.
However, we told him that there was a 95% chance the next day that my son would be able to access a better finance deal via an online company than the one the garage was offering.

This online company car finance 247 was unavailable on the Sunday.
The car salesman clearly and repeatedly said don’t worry about it sign our finance deal today on the Sunday so you can take the car away and you can simply switch it to the better rate finance on the Monday.
My son did this as he needed a car and it was an hour from our house.

We felt fully assured by the salesman it was a simple quick process.

We rang back Monday to try to swap the finance as agreed and now neither the garage or the original finance company close brothers will assist us in doing this.

The finance company are saying it’s upto the garage to return the funds they’ve been paid but the garage are refusing to do this now as they’ve done nothing wrong and as far as they’re concerned the deal is done end of story.

This will now stop my son saving £915 in interest over 4 years.

The garage are refusing to speak to us now.

Pls can anyone help or give me proper advice rather than just a finger in the air opinion.

He paid £5150 for the car plus £99 admin fee and he paid £500 deposit on his debit card. TIA 

Welcome to the forum.

You posted your story in a long solid block of text and that makes it very difficult for people to follow especially when they are using the small screen such as a telephone.

Please will you help us in future by presenting your story and any responses properly spaced and punctuated.

Thank you

Presumably the loan agreement is regulated by the Consumer Credit Act? Please check.

And I gather this happened just this week.

Your son is entitled to a 14 day cooling off period and he should assert this right now in writing to cancel all agreements.

They won't be happy and they may will start changing their mind about letting you make a different decision but frankly after this episode I would suggest that you walk away

• BankFodder changed the title to Mis sold car finance - Scott’s of leeds
  • dx100uk changed the title to Scott’s of leeds - purchased car by HP with Close Brothers, told we could change to a cheaper Finance company the next day without issue - now ignoring us

did you son sign this close brothers HP agreement on Scotts premises?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

My understanding is that agreements which are regulated by the Consumer Credit Act are subject to a 14 day cooling off period regardless whether they are on-premises or off-premises contracts. They do not come under the usual regime of distance selling rules.
I asked you whether this had happened just this week but you haven't addressed this question.
Has the letter which I suggested been written yet?

have you the agreement?

scan it up to one multipage PDF

read upload Carefully.

be careful many close brothers vehicle finance HP agreements signed on premises have a line at the top that states signed on premises no right to cancel.

that however does not negate your rights under CPR for the goods, but those are not faulty and you viewed in the showroom so no old DSR like right to return for no reason even within 14 days.?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...