Backdoor VCS windscreen DYL with BB PCN - Salford quays

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I’ve just checked my credit score and found that there is a court judgment on there, from October 2020.  

It’s listed to my old address (not lived there since mid 2017) and I’ve had no notification of it whatsoever, nor do I know what it’s even for or who from.

is there any way I can get this removed, or at least find out more about what it is?

thanks! 

ring northants bulk

and ask for a copy of the judgement CCJ and the claimform

9/10 they wont have a copy of the claimform so get them to read out the address the claimform was sent too AND the particulars of claim.

RECORD YOUR CALL.

then comeback with those details here 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks will do.  However just been told there’s a wait for 25mins, so I’ll phone first thing tomorrow and hope it’s less.

They did say on the recording that they need the case number, but I obviously don’t have any details, will they be able to search? 

You should be able to get the claim number by searching here....there is a small fee.

https://www.trustonline.org.uk/?gclid=Cj0KCQiApY6BBhCsARIsAOI_GjZ-SDJtNUZDUM62TeLookjib0FPF0bhBVfCV6lO3koaQ8DoL8RKhs4aAhRsEALw_wcB

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

claim number should be listed on your credit file 

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, court are emailing over the details.

it was from a vehicle control services.  My car was parked on double yellow lines, with a valid blue badge.  This was before I moved, so all correspondence went to the old address. 

The court clerk said that I can either pay it in full (£185) or instalments or I can pay £255 to go before a judge to try and get it removed, but with no guarantees that it will removed.

I’m guessing that there’s no point in contacting vehicle control services? 

• dx100uk changed the title to Backdoor VCS PCN Court judgment on credit file

retitled moved to private parking forum.

no such thing as DYL's on private land ..mere tarmac graffiti .

BB's mean nothing on private property.

where was this car park/road, do you know yet?

and when was the speculative invoice issued ?

we know most of the VCS sites off by heart here

so you moved in 2017 and upto that point had had no correspondence, even if binned from VCS?

and they

It was in 2016, in Salford quays. 

I remember the day, because we were handed the ticket and spoke with the guy who’d issued it.  

He said it was completely no parking, even with  a blue badge.

There was a no parking sign, but it was very ambiguous, because it was on a paved pedestrian spot, further up, which made it look like it was just there that was no parking.  

I was parked on the road.

I did take photos, but haven’t found them yet.  

There was also a few other cars parked there too, so it wasn’t obvious that we were on private land and thought normal blue badge rules would apply.

This was a year before we moved and I do remember getting something through the post, but with it being so long ago, I’m a bit sketchy.  

I can’t have received much or I would remember more. 

I definitely wouldn’t have ignored it though, because I was adamant that I was going to contest it, due to the ambiguous signage, so more than likely sent off the template private parking letter.

I remember at the time, thinking it was almost staged, so that they could catch people out.  

Now with you saying the DYL’s are “mere graffiti”, even more so.  It just looked like a normal road.

• dx100uk changed the title to Backdoor VCS windscreen DYL with BB PCN - Court judgment on credit file

Almost staged, with VCS it definitely was staged with dodgy signage and misinterpretation of the rules. If you pay it it remains on your credit file until October 2026, paying will just get a Satisfied marker that doesn't help credit score in any way.

When you get the particulars of claim and how the sum is made up post it up here, as they likely added Unicorn Food Tax fee to the claim which if suing a Keeper is a no no.

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

can you give us the google nosey neighbours link to exactly where you parked please

VCS parking @ Salford quays are well know to us but operate several sites there.

paying the CCJ wont remove it sadly..

and at present i cant see a set aside reason. nor a defence...which is the only way to remove the CCJ via an N244@£255

and they

In normal times a set aside hearing is easy, just 15 minutes in front of a judge.

At the moment it will be even easier - just 15 minutes on the phone to a judge.

However, it will set you back £255.

As dx says, the judge will want to know

- (a) why you didn't defend the case when you had the chance to

- (b) some idea of how you intend to defend the case now.

(b) is easy, you've already mentioned the dodgy signage, and there will be loads of other reasons we can dig up.  The problem will be (a).  What happened here?  Did you move without informing VCS although you knew you were in legal dispute with them?  Did the court papers turn up at your old address so VCS won by default when you didn't defend?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Took a photo off google earth.  It was the turning circle near Lowry centre. 

We were roughly parked, where I’ve marked in red and the signage (although I can’t spot it on this photo) was somewhere around where I’ve marked in blue.  So we assumed it meant no parking on that bit and as you can see from the photo, there is a van on that bit.

Sorry, struggling to put photo up properly, bear with....

Parking Salford quays .pdf

Edited by Larissamj

Isn't it easier to get Set Aside where default to old address since there was that outcry on DCA's doing that?  If was Private land and signage included Disabled Drivers,,and it was reasonable for them to park there, might be classed as Failure to make Reasonable Adjustment under Equalities Act 2010. That is just one extra option if needed.  The team might well find other isues with VCS case.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

check the obv guys that this isnt port of authority land (byelaws)

and i believe if my history is correct this used to be excel signs up not VCS.

see an old thread here for Salford quays

and they

On 11/02/2021 at 11:30, FTMDave said:

As dx says, the judge will want to know

- (a) why you didn't defend the case when you had the chance to

- (b) some idea of how you intend to defend the case now.

(b) is easy, you've already mentioned the dodgy signage, and there will be loads of other reasons we can dig up.  The problem will be (a).  What happened here?  Did you move without informing VCS although you knew you were in legal dispute with them?  Did the court papers turn up at your old address so VCS won by default when you didn't defend?

The court papers must’ve  turned up at my old house and they won by default.

I moved a year after the parking date.  So yes, with hindsight, I probably should’ve informed them, however, I had mail redirected here for 6months as well, so is 18 months not a reasonable time to think they’d closed it? 

I would’ve sent them the template letter about parking, I definitely wouldn’t have ignored it.  

Unfortunately I’ve got a new computer now, so it’s not saved.

I’m still waiting for the email from the court clerk, if it doesn’t arrive in next few hours, I’ll ring back.

4 minutes ago, Larissamj said:

so is 18 months not a reasonable time to think they’d closed it? 

closed what?

and they

Its a civil debt.

alive for 6yrs.

and they

What diff does that actually make..none..

and they

it was in reply to FTMDave, saying  that the judge would want to know

“What happened here? 

Did you move without informing VCS although you knew you were in legal dispute with them? “

That is the reason why I didn’t inform them that I was moving. 

I didn’t actively think to myself that I won’t tell them, it just wasn’t on my radar.

It wasn't on your  radar which is why they would send all docs to your last known address, and when you don't respond get a Default Judgment

then you'll lose.

Its not underhand... its quite legal to serve everything to your last advised address.

I cant see a reason to set aside

i cant see a defence for the claim either.

Sorry but sometimes we have to be realistic

and they