Hello yet another confused newbie

jafo_dd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6331 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning, yes its another confused newbie, hopefully on the road to recovering my money. i started my claim against HSBC on the 6th november and the LBA went in 14 days ago so its crunch time. Before starting court proceedings I have a little question so here goes

I rang the HSBC complaints people this morning as I wanted to check that they had actually received my earlier letters, yes they had but the operator told me that due to the large volume of these requests it was taking them between 6 to 8 weeks to respond (not a lot of use with a 14 day deadline) so my question is, is our 14 day dealine to tight? or am i just being fobed off with a standard excuse? should i give them more time? oops thats 3 questions

cheers

dave d

• 2 weeks later...

They ARE very busy at the moment, (bless 'em), but they needn't be.

Remember, so far they have paid out every claim. If they want to lighten the workload all they have to do is stop the procrastination and delay, (which they only do in the hope that you will go away), and pay people out as soon as they request it.

In short, it is their own fault thay are so busy and they are creating work for themselves.

Carry on my friend.

Smile:-The Ethical Bank:- Settled July 2006

HSBC:- Pre-lim sent 09/10/2006

LBA sent:-26/10/2006

Court papers issued:- 13/11/2006

Citifinancial/DLC:- Ongoing since 21st August. Now part of an OFT investigation into Debt Collection Practices.

I am only a Doctor of Love NOT Law. Don't blame me if me advice goes belly up!

:D (I will try to help all the same)

If i've helped, use the scales at the top to tell me how great I am!

Whaterver you do, DO NOT give them anymore time!

I recieved a fobbing off letter from them some 6 weeks after their 14 day deadline, but sadly for them it was at the point I had filed my court claim, so I didnt really give a toss that some bloke at Canada Square was saying I wouldnt get it back!

I got letter from Solicitor on saturday agreeing to pay full £5032 back!

DONT LET THEM GET AWAY WITH IT!!

Lyns

Woooooooo no way...let them worry about the 6 weeks turnaround...not your problem!

Just carry on following the time line from here and you'll be fine. Like Lynseylou, I had a full offer for over 5k last week...it will come to you. Fear not. Hope these links help and don't forget to ask!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-user-guide-contacts-list.html?garpg=10

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/34887-5-money-claim-line.html

Good luck, Babs

Prelim sent to HSBC 10/10/2006 for £5035

no response :x

LBA sent 24/10/2006

no response :x

MCOL filed 10/11/2006 :eek:

MCOL issued 13/10/2006

HSBC acknowledged MCOL 17/11/2006

HSBC entered defence + case transferred 12/12/06 :mad:

FULL OFFER! Received today 14/12/06 :D

If I have been of assistance, please tip my scales but don't forget, this is only my personal opinion, I'm no legal eagle!

Please sign this petition:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/PAYUSBACK/

Yep, you certainly WILL - just read my thread (and BABS) for proof, it takes time and a large helping of patience, but you WILL WIN

Dec 2006 - Sucessfully recovered over £3k from HSBC with much help from CAG :-D

if you found this post helpful, please click my reputation, thank you

(The small print-my advice and opinions are my own, and are given freely and without predjudice or liability whatsoever)

thanks to everyone but it looks like i have made a mistake in my letters to the bank, just checking through it all again before going mcol and found that i have already added the 8% interest in both letters to the bank.....go on call me a d***h**d but is there anyway of getting around this? does this mean i have to start all over again? surely i can't be the first to do this so any help would be appreciated

cheers

dave d

I think you have got away with it, you have not had any replies to your letters.

When you pop in your mcol or n1, you will now just be sending in the same schedule, which of course now is right.

It's important to read up really well before taking action against a bank, but you seem to have got away with it, so no harm done.

Crusher :D