CST Law on behalf of UKCPS Ltd - Letter Before Claim - Gateway House, Piccadilly, Manchester, M1 2GH

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1166 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My Mrs has received a Letter Before Claim letter from CST Law on behalf of UKCPS Ltd for a parking charge dated 17/11/19 at Gateway House, Piccadilly, Manchester, M1 2GH for £160.

She says she remembers driving up the wrong side of the train station and says she didn't stop or park. She thinks she got sent a fine in 2019 but ignored it (and has lost the letters). Then it's just cropped up again, 14 months later.

They've provided a "Reply Form" with different boxes that can be ticked, but assume we should write our own letter and post?

I attach the front page of the letter (with some info redacted).

What should we do?

Thanks in advance!

Scan - 2021-02-08 12_49_41.pdf

Hello and welcome to CAG.

You may have seen other threads here about Gateway House, it's worth having a read.

As Brassnecked says, it will help us to help you if you have other information about the parking event so that we can help you draft a suitable reply. It's not a fine, by the way, it's a speculative invoice.

I'll alter your thread title to show the location.

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

• honeybee13 changed the title to CST Law on behalf of UKCPS Ltd - Letter Before Claim - Gateway House, Piccadilly, Manchester, M1 2GH

Hi Harry CS welcome to CAG could you fill in this sticky so we can see what transpired before the Letter Of Claim

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

1 Date of the infringement

17/11/19

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date]

Unsure - All we have is the Letter Before Claim letter.

3 Date received

Letter Before Claim letter received 22/01/21.

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?]

No

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event?

Not that we have, not sure if they provided any with the original letter. No info provided within the Letter Before Claim.

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal]

No

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

N/A

7 Who is the parking company?

UKCPS Ltd

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town]

Gateway House, Piccadilly, Manchester, M1 2GH

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

N/A

snotty letter time...

Programmable Search Engine (google.com)  <<clickme and read the CAG threads

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

CST Law have been sending out these letters like confetti recently, which is why we have so many threads on the forum.

Have a read of the threads by Ellemar21, flusterer & Spannerz on page 2 of the forum.  They're all only one page long.  You'll see why UKCPS' case is pants, some great work these Caggers have done in finding out that UKCPS have had to put up extra signs as the originals were rubbish, plus examples of snotty letters.

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thanks everyone for your quick responses!

From browsing the other threads I will send the following letter that you provided FTMDave, I have made some subtle changes:

Dear CST Law, 

I write in response to your so-called “Letter Before Claim”, received in relation to PCN Number GCL XXXXX, issued by UKCPS for alleged parking breaches.

I am writing to confirm that I have no intention of paying this ridiculous and made-up sum of money for allegedly breaking an imaginary contract with your client.

Aside from the fact your client's signage is ridiculously poor, this whole claim is nonsense and I’m sure any judge would agree.  I also think that any judge would resent the waste of the Court's time, considering there are gaping holes in the procedures, processes and basic understanding of the Law, never mind the car they spuriously & vexatiously claim has breached this imaginary contract.

Should your client wish to proceed with this farcical claim, I’ll be seeking recovery of costs based on unreasonable behaviour, as well as damages for breach of GDPR.

Regards,

Name of my Mrs

COPIED TO UKCPS

I assume I post this letter to the CST Law address, not the "Debt Recovery Plus" address provided under the "How To Pay" section?

You don't mess about, do you?  Other threads already read and a snotty letter prepared!

Yes, send one copy to CST Law, and one to UKCPS. Get two free Certificates of Posting.

BTW, I did a search last night for CST Law.  They're not a firm of solicitors at all.  On the site of a dodgy debt collection agency, CST Law are referred to as their legal services division  https://www.creditstyle.co.uk/services/legal-collection/  I would suspect that is a lie, I can't imagine some small DCA can afford to employ lawyers working only for them.  It's more likely than some retired or underworked local solicitor lends their name to the DCA.

The point is that in this murky world I'm sure this DCA would love UKCPS to start a court case against you, even if UKCPS ultimately lose, after all they get paid in any case.  So it's important too that the DCA know you've told UKCPS directly that their case is pants.

• Like 1

The original sum demanded will habve been £100, in that LBC they have just asked for £160, and put a Zero to the collection cost theyusually add as Unicorn Feed Tax, of £60, an amount they can only sue the driver for, not the keeper.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!