• Tweets

• The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Insurance Company Confusion Holava via Coversure.

sean110869
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1132 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I had an accident on the 21st Dec 2020, other party admitted fault, so fine, insurers inspected my vehicle, sent quotes off,  thought that was it just waiting for my vehicle to be collected. I received a call from my insurers this weekend advising me to go through the other parties insurers. Is this normal? I have heard rumours they may be going bump but wonder if I go through the other insurance company if it impacts on my rights, does it mean I have to start the whole process again? Tried FCA but Covid means they are not giving advice just fire fighting. 

That doesn't sound right. Do you have 'Comprehensive' insurance covering you for damage to your own vehicle. I assume so as you say "sent quotes off". If you are insured Comprehensive insurers should pay for the repairs and it's up to them if they want to recover what they've paid you from the other driver's insurer.

What is the excess on your policy? What was quotation for repairing the damage to your car?  I'm wondering whether your insurers comment is because the repair cost is only a little bit more than your excess and they are thinking of the impact on your No Claims Bonus.

Incidentally, never rely too much on the other driver at the accident scene admitting that it was their fault. They might change their mind by the time they come to make formal written statements of what happened. Or their insurers might decide that the driver was wrong to say it was their fault and decide it was yours!

Firstly, thank you for coming back to me.

Luckily, the other party has admitted it to their insurers so that problem is resolved, could not really argue rear end shunt.

My excess is 750 as it is a commercial vehicle, not sure about the quotation, do you think I should ask for a copy. I need two new rear doors plus floor panel and back step so reckon damage is around the five k mark. My insurance is comprehensive.

I know that my insurers went bust in 2019 but started again, my broker told me that this year when I went to renew so moved companies but when I spoke to the FCA at the time of my renewal as there was an outstanding issue re no claims bonus they said as long as the broker was dealing with matters everything was ok. I just can not believe nearly six weeks after the accident that I received the call advising that I go through the other party,  if I have to then fine but worry about my rights in reference to the repair they do, as they will do it as cheap as possible. 

It may be that as it is a commercial policy, they try to limit the claims against it, because that can have a wider impact on your employers company vehicle Insurance costs.

If the third party is at fault and the third party Insurers have agreed to handle your claim, this is nothing to worry about as this is fairly normal to process the claim this way.  But you need to be careful in making sure any engineers inspection is thorough and the Insurers understand the work/costs that are  involved.  Ask to see the engineers report and what work they have advised is needed. Get confirmation, that the third party Insurers will be paying the full costs and will be responsible for any additional costs, if the work completed is not up to standard and/or further work is required to restore to pre-accident condition. 

If in doubt, then you/your company should arrange own engineers inspection report.  And have the vehicle thoroughly checked afterwards.  

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• Andyorch changed the title to Insurance Company Confusion Holava via Coversure.

You said "I have heard rumours they may be going bump" but I haven't found anything online to suggest any financial concerns with either Holava or the insurance company for whom they issue policies. Doesn't mean there aren't any problems of course, just that there's nothing in the public domain about them that I can find.

I am still not clear which insurer inspected your vehicle and asked you to get quotes for its repair. I assumed Holava as you have Comprehensive cover, but I see unclebulgaria took it as the insurer of the other driver. Can you clarify please.

It's unclear to me why your insurer has suggested you pursue the third party insurer and suggest you go back to them and ask why they suggest that.

Have you had any contact or correspeondence with the other driver's insurance company?

Edited by Ethel Street