Tax credit compliance telephone call

Homegirlxx
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1087 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yup, none of that sounds right. Let's see the letter

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

They can apply an administrative penalty, as an alternative to the possibility of looking to take forward as a prosecution.

If you failed to report changes of circumstances or provided wrong information, so you gained as a result, then I would suggest that you pay the admin penalty.  Better to have it dealt with that way, than to possibly face being taken to court.   

Are you willing to take the risk of not paying the penalty, hoping they don't prosecute ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Oh my God, HMRC make me laugh, on what planet are they on to think that somebody who is financially vulnerable enough to need Tax Credits one month, suddenly has £10k  laying around doing nothing, 4 weeks later..

Their heavy handed collection methods have probably driven people to suicide, and now they are trying it on in the middle of the worst Public health crisis of the last 100 years, when people are at their lowest.  Please understand that no mistake you made gives them the right to demand random amounts of money out of you for no reason.

If you want clear instructions on how to deal with this I am happy to advise on what to do via this thread. As they have been into me in the past for a whole lot more than £10k.

Stop there is no court at any point in your future in this case.

You need to go to the Tax Credits Web Site and request an SAR. This will deliver you every minute detail that they have relating to you. It's not impossible that they have made a mistake somewhere along the line. 

I don't understand why you didn't call and ask why you had been issued a fine, why not do this today? No need to be confrontational or nasty, just find out the reason.

• Like 1

letter now up as a PDF 

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You are not listening to me, none of that matters. What you did or didn't do, they have no right to make these ridiculous demands. Please listen do my advice as I instructed.

ive done it for you

if you wish to put other documents up as PDf read our upload guide<<clickme

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

what court? there you go again.

how can you have been overpaid £10k if your partner only moved back in in june 2020?

quite honestly id be appealing that penalty as it says at the end of it's letter

i'd also pop up on the HMRC website and get an SAR done.

and they

they have said they may take criminal proceedings, we've never seen that here for amount doublr what you owe...

they have issued you a penalty ....you've paid it, you now as the letter also says...await the notice to pay, regarding the overpayment ... 

and they

well you know what you owe so i hope you are already saving up ready to start £PCM payments and i expect it will be a good few £100'sPCM.

as for court, we can't keep saying we've never seen any here for much much greater sums end in prosecution.

only used for criminal gangs and serial scammers. not a member of joe public with a family to keep.

and they

back in feb i told you to go do the SAR did you?

dx

and they

I don’t know wat i owe though as I haven’t had notice to pay I was only on here looking for a bit of advice how can I afford hundreds of pound a month? I didn’t do SAR as I’m in the wrong and I’m willing to pay it back just can’t afford hundreds a month as you say thanks 😊 

Anyone thanks 😊