help regarding interest claimed on court judgement

kalujo1234
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1169 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I’m trying to get some help to understand interest being added to a money claim judgement and couldn’t see the best place to post it

it isn’t consumer credit act related but an individual against an individual debt

have received an email back from the money claims centre and can’t make sense of it relating to interest being added to the debt owed and wondered if someone would have any knowledge if I explained the circumstances.

Thanks in advance 

It would help us if you could post up the text of the email and also if you have received a claim form, maybe you can post that up as well – redact the identifiers.

Have you a copy of the particulars of claim and a copy of the judgement?

section 69 interest is allowed if the judge agrees up until judgement.

post judgemental interest Is only allowed if stated in the judgement ccj

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello, thanks both,

in the particulars of claim I have stated that “I believe that interest should be added as awarded and calculated by the judge”

I think I may have messed up and not worded it correctly and said I wish to claim statutory interest under section etc?

my ex partner stole my daughters settlement money of £8k and I had to start civil action, s

he stole the money in May 2017 as that is when it was awarded

I claimed for the £8k and then asked for a judge to award interest as she had missed out on it being in a junior isa attracting interest up until today. 

As the ex partner ignored the claim I requested judgement and calculated the interest from May 2017 up until the date I signed for judgement which was 28/1/21 at the rate of 8 percent

as there has been no mention about any interest being added from the court and I don’t want her to miss out on interest that she should have been receiving.

I have attached the email I received from the money claims centre and just getting confused.

I really appreciate your help 

41845DC7-F770-4062-BF9F-09A33B6B278B.png