Caught shoplifting in sainsburys

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1103 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know i am an awful human being. I am a mother i am so so ashamed.

i am so lucky police were not called so so lucky!!!!

i had a moment of madness complete and utter madness! I had a full trolley of shopping. 
ugh i hate myself so much.

i cant stop thinking of the event yesterday.

keep replaying my thought process of just walking out!!!

managers were very firm and rightly so but so nice as they didnt call the police!!!

they gave me a letter which i must of left there accidentally. I dont know what it said 

she asked for my id i gave her my driving license and she gave me a lifetime ban.

she asked me to look at the camera and take my mask off.

I wanted to know if this gets fiven to other sainsburys around the area?

my brother in law is a manager at a sainsburys nearby!!!!! I would be mortifiedddd if he sees it in his morning brief! 
are they allowed to do this?

also i am worried i am out with family and god forbid they want to go to sainsburys!! I cant tell them i just cant!

Do they really have face recognition if i was to go in another store?

i understand these are minor issues to the 280 pounds worth of shopping i was about to knowingly steal!!!! 
i hate myself!

there are other mothers with children who dont resort to stealing. I live in a refuge next to the sainsburys! And they all struggle i just put so many kids toys clothes food for us all. What was i thinking?!

i literally hate myself 

forget about it 

you are not awful you are a human being

they don't operate face recognition anyway and with a mask on ..no a chance.

you'll get stupid letter from a bunch of fleecers called DWF.

ignore the letters

put them in the bon

nothing anyone can do.

and lastly no your brother in law wont get to see any photos or details or even know

most probably against data protection to share openly such information from another store

forget it

go enjoy life

dx

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 months later...

No

Why?

create your own topic please

hit create in the top red banner

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you so much @DX100uk! 
you made me feel so much better! Even 2 months on and i still cant forget what happened. I hope it remains a hidden secret and Noone finds out!! 
neither would i ever take a single thing without paying. 

i had received 2 letters from some people thank god you had told me about them before!! Or i would of had a heart attack again!

will they send bailiffs to the house as threatened? 
are they able to?

i dont want my mother knowing as its her address they have 😬

thank you again so much.

No they won't send bailiffs. They couldn't do that anyway without a court judgement and they won't bring proceedings against you because they don't have the authority to do so.

I think it would help people here who find themselves in a similar position in future if you could post up the letter so we could all see the kind of thing that is written. Make sure you redact it for identifiers such as name and address date reference number. But the rest of it you can post up here very happily.

I think it will make people a lot less rattled when they receive these kinds of letters. I can imagine that if you had already seen one of these letters here and we had commented on it you would feel even, about having received it.

Finally, if you think that this is a particular problem you have – and you are living in a refuge so you obviously have some difficulties in your life, it might be a good idea to go and talk about it all with your GP. You can be certain that that conversation will be in complete confidence that you will probably feel a lot of relief by having shared the story with someone you can trust.