• Tweets

• Hello there,  I’ve been following this thread for a bit and I’m in similar situation.  We followed all the beginning steps and sent complaint letter. We got a reply and we are stuck what next. Do we sent an email again to complaints department or do we write letter of claim or something completely different?  We are bit confused and looking for someone that can help us out and give some advise.    COMPLAINT LETTER: To Whom It May Concern:   RE Enquiry number: XYZ   I am writing today to complain about the decision of my claim being rejected on 03.05.2022.   Below is a summary of my experience with your courier service:   11.04.2022 I bought and booked a collection service from your company by Ervi Collection scheduled on 13.04.2022. I paid £24.99 + £5.00 vat for your service to transport £1000 worth bicycle. I did not choose to get additional protection.    13.04.2022 No courier turned up at any point of the day having my partner wait pointlessly as no one was bothered to inform myself that collection will not happen.   14.04.2022 at 12:35 local courier collected my parcel(X). On the same day at the same time(14.04.2022; 12:35) the previous parcel(Y) has been cancelled by Ervi. I was not informed about two different parcels being created which created unnecessary confusion. The buyer of the item informed me that his tracking system showed the parcel to be cancelled and was not aware of that and even able to answer his questions.   16.04.2022 at 13:22 Ervi app shows message "Your parcel is being sorted at the senders local depot" and that is where our parcel vanishes.   29.04.2022 at 12:01 I created Loss enquiry with order reference: XYZ and straight away got a message that further information is being requested from the courier and that I will be notified if they reply to our request.   03.05.2022 My enquiry has been rejected by Parcel2Go.    The reasoning behind rejecting my claim in this instnce was that the record did not show that I opted against taking parcel protection during the booking. Your company agreed to refund me for the cost of delivery however I do not agree with the outcome. Even though Ervis's tracking and delivery system says the parcel was lost it still remains in their possession in an unknown location. It is rather ridiculous to lose a parcel the size of the bike.  At the end of the day, it is not an envelope.   In this case under the Contracts(Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 and Consumer Rights Act 2015, I am writing to claim full compensation from Parcel2Go for my missing parcel with a total value of £1000.   If my claim is not approved within 14 days of receipt of this letter, I will issue proceedings against your company through the county court.   Kind regards,   RESPONSE:   Hello XYZ I hope this email finds you well. I can see from your case file, that the claim was rejected as no parcel protection was taken. We can raise a parcels search again with the courier however if this come back negative I am afraid there is nothing further we can do. During the booking process, you were asked to declare the value of your goods and at this point, you would have been given the option of taking extra parcel protection to protect your goods in the case of loss or damage. As this option was declined no parcel protection was added to your order and as a result of this, we are unable to issue a claim for the goods on this occasion. I am afraid, as a company we self-certify all of our claims and would not be able to claim directly from the courier.  In order for us to raise a parcel search can you provide me with the following information.   Full description of the goods-  Make -  Model -  Serial number -  How packaged -  Colour of packaging -  Colour of inner packaging -  Colour of goods -  Number of items- Any distinguishing features (Logos/labels/coloured tape etc)   Thank-you.   Once again, I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this matter has caused. If I may be of any further assistance regarding this or any other matter, then please do not hesitate to come back to me.   Kind Regards, ———————————- I will be glad for any help.  thanks in advance
    • thread tidied.   well it sort of says will later but it also says instructed, may, etc previously.   not alot you need or can do, but i would certain not ever be looking to get credit to pay credit esp when 90% of it is their fake interest as your guarantee cheque obviously failed as it should.   just ensure you write to the BANK informing them of your correct and current address.   there are plenty of like threads here to read.   dx      
    • Hi,  I have had dealings with Jack, how can I help you?
    • This is David Allen Green's take on today.   The Prime Minister says he “takes full responsibility” – but what does this mean in constitutional terms, if anything? – The Law and Policy Blog DAVIDALLENGREEN.COM 25th May 2022 Today we take in the now-published Sue Gray report. The quick-takes have already been given and a parliamentary statement has...  
    • No i doesn't say anything about will   
  • Our picks

jakefromlondon v Co-op ***SETTLED IN FULL***

jakefromlondon

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5650 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all, and thanks for all of the info so far!

I did the LBA, etc, no reply, and then served a claim with MCOL for £3,361.34 (£2,638 plus £603.34 interest at 8% daily, and £120 court costs).

I have now got a letter and a refund from the Co-op for £2,364, straight into my account - Yay! They also haven't closed my account, which is great. But the question is: what should I now do, and can I still claim the 8% interest? I am talking here about the section 69 8% interest: I have not claimed back any debit interest from Co-op (it was a tiny amount).

I note that the MCOL 'notice of issue' says that I should let them know IMMEDIATELY if I receive any payment. So I should fire off a couple of letters pronto ...

That is the main question: please let me know if you have any experience of this!

There are three small complications to my case. The first is that by the time of filing the claim I added on three new commission charges, but the amount they refunded went from my list on the first letter to them, and so was £105 less. The second is that they corrected two small mistakes from my list (total value £25), and said that they weren't refunding the £8 service charge (£112). The third is that, even if I take that £242 off my original £2,638 I get £2,396: slightly more than the £2,364 they have refunded so far. I have no idea what happened to that last £32: is it perhaps taking £8 off some (but definitely not all) of the £10 service charges?

I want to get what I'm due, without being difficult or quibbling over small amounts (partly because I don't want to get on the wrong side of a judge, or needlessly get my account closed). £50 is a small amount in this situation, £500 isn't (it's a holiday, or all of my Christmas shopping). So: I'm fine with the £25 of mistakes I made (obviously), and with the £8 service charge (they could have been clearer on the statements, but fine). But am I really entitled to the 8% interest, calculated daily since each charge? And the £105 they charged me after my first letter, but before I filed the claim? And if yes to either, what do I do now? I'm fine on writing the letter to the bank explaining my position, but I'm not at all clear on what I should say to the court - perhaps just a copy of the same letter?

Many thanks,

jakefromlondon

Om my god! They've repaid the difference! It turned out that the first refund was before they had processed the court action notice. Once they realised it was with the courts, they paid the balance of the claim, in full. Even including the two small mistakes noted above, and all of the interest! Yay!

They haven't closed my account either: just told me to keep within the terms and conditions in future ...

If you're in any doubt, steel yourself and make the claim! Thank you everyone for all of the helpful posts that I have read ...

CONGRATULATIONS

Don't forget our SURVEY too please!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.