Eon Default

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 256 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hoping someone can help. I've been trying to get a responce from EON since May 2020 but this is becoming more urgent as i plan to apply for a mortgage July this year after saving for a deposit.

I moved house last year and there was a outstanding balance with EON which I arranged to pay off £50 each month. This meant my last payment was October 2020. 

I didn't receive any other communication from EON apart from an email saying there was a outstanding balance of £470 on 15/04. I paid £100 25/04 and then settled the balance (£370) 25.05 5 months earlier than planned. 

However when i checked my credit file a default was logged in May 2020. I have asked for this to be removed as i believe its incorrect. I received no default notice etc. and i was making regular payments.

I've escalated this through complaints resolver as EON have not replied at all. 

Has anyone had an experience like this in the past?

Thanks

Hi and Welcome to the forum.

If there was arrears on the account and you have an arrangement to pay.....then they are entitled to place a default marker on your credit files.

Assuming the arrears are genuine outstanding payments from service and not trumped up charges.

Utility accounts are not regulated by the Credit consumer Act 1974.....therefore there is no requirement to issue you with a default notice...a final demand yes.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Have you written to them?

Have you evidence of when and what you wrote?

Have you exhausted their complaints procedure?

The entry on your credit file won't necessarily bar you from  obtaining  a mortgage, just means you won't get the best interest rates.

Get a decent mortgage broker and they will be able to advise you and get you the best mortgage they can,

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!