Jump to content

Landlord moved in troublemaker to one of rooms in shared house

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 263 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi. I rent a room within a flat-share of 4 rooms and one of the rooms has recently been let to someone who is a drug-user and having friends of theirs stay. This has frightened me but the landlord will do nothing about it. I have found another flat but have to give 3 months notice for my room. Can I refuse to pay that 3 months as I feel that the landlord has made my stay impossible or am I required by law to do so. I feel that the landlord broke our contract by moving this person in (my flatmates are also leaving but their tenancy agreements were coming up for renewal so they have nothing to pay) but have they? Is there any law on this?

Link to post
Share on other sites

If there's illegal activity taking place in the house call the Police, particularly if it's making you feel unsafe.


I would begin keeping a detailed diary of what happens in the house in relation to this person, including each time you raise the matter with the landlord so you can demonstrate that you raised the issue with them and what their response was. I would make it clear that you will be reporting the matter to the authorities each time an incident occurs and invite him to reflect on whether he wishes his property to gain a reputation for having the Police attending regularly.


What does your tenancy agreement say about having others to stay in your rooms?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, brownefamily said:

I am going to move out!


Probably wise and best option...

We could do with some help from you.



 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service


If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...