employment information

dido42
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6319 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:confused: can anyone help me i work for the local council and theres talk of our jobs going out to contract to remploy of all people what would be my rights as im not disabled i know theres something about your pay being protected for 2 years but that happened with our local baths and they didnt last 2 years they virtually changed their contracts within 6 months

unison is useless as far as im concerned they wont even talk to us we've sent letters signed by everyone in the suite expressing our concerns over this but they just ignore us. It could be because we as a unit have expressed an interest in working 12 hour shifts instead of our usual continential shift pattern giving us more time to spend with our families and to make us more competive but all unison have said on that matter is "that they are not having it" and they didnt even have the decency to speak to us face to face they just said to switch to 12hours may prevent any single mother applying for the post of controller we did ask them to consider the persons working there already but they have just refused to answer us :-x i have no faith in the unisons officers they only seem to be out for themselves it seems to me that this is a battle that we will have to fight on our own

all of us have talked about it the only other union is the gmb but from what we can make out unison is the top dog in the council but there is some good news that we've heard the remploy thing is off due to the sensitive information gathered in the suite plus the powers that be spoke to another authority that had contracted out to remploy they kicked them out a couple of months ago the went back inhouse to find the workers due to the amount of money they lost covering the sickness of the contract workers so unusual for councillors they actually showed some sense a rare thing i know but thank god for that and we may have some solution to the 12 hours without the union being involved i think its called progress for the dinosaurs that live in the past within the union so hopefully it will be a merry christmas and a happy new year