Virgin Media #virginmedia Trying to Cancel - Stuck After Going Round In Circles

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1170 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So as the title says I'm trying to cancel my Virgin Media account. I'm out of contract and have moved house with broadband already there - so no longer need broadband.

I called customer service and went through to the house move option - I couldn't pass security so I changed my password with the phone handler and he's set it up wrong. After trying to pass security with whatever the new password was I've locked myself out of my own account. They said they can post me out a password reset but I don't have access to the old property.

Can't cancel online, can only do it over the phone, can't pass security to cancel.

I've not setup a Direct Debit so I don't have to pay them, but it will harm my credit if I just stop paying. I want a final bill from Virgin so I can just get on with my llife!

Any help or advice about what I can do from here?

Edited by Piano Cube
Paragraphs

Do you have a Virginmedia online account which you can log into ?  

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Okay .....but in reality you dont want the moving option.....your not transferring the account to a new address...you simply wish to give notice on your broadband account...there should be an option to contact them and send them a message ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

I called to cancel my contract and was told that due to moving house I had to speak to the house move department

I agree, there should be an option to just send them a message to give my notice or send them a message - but every option brings me back to calling them

Screenshot 2021-02-03 at 11.15.14.png

Edited by Piano Cube

Yes Ive just checked my online account and their email portal is unavailable......a quick search of the internet states that you cant contact VM by email full stop .......astonishing !!!

Have you tried live chat ?

It is astonishingly bad, that it's this difficult to leave - I should post my whole story upto this point as a warning for others.

Meanwhile though where is the live chat please? I've not found it and it doesn't show up in a search either.

I feared it might.....from what I gather...basically because of the current pandemic ...all options for customer service contact on line are zilch because they are working from home or abroad and everything is being directed through telecom.

Either keep trying on the phone until you get someone with common sense or you will have to give notice by writing......but keep an eye on your ebilling.

Virgin 🤬

They make it So easy to sign up

They make So difficult to leave

Writing pen to paper may work

Good luck, keep CAG posted.

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...