Nissan - Emissions Class Action Lawsuit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1172 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've had two Nissan cars (the latter still in my possession) that allegedly are eligible for a class action lawsuit. Nissan allegedly added a 'defeat device' to modify emissions during tests. 

I'm undecided as to whether I should register my vehicles for inclusion in such a suit - does anyone have any advice?

Two solicitor firms: Leighday and Harcus Parker are bringing the claim and I'm being targetted with ads for both. 

No such thing as class action in the uk?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ambulance chasers

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If you get written confirmation that you have nothing to pay – win or lose – and that any fees will be charged to Nissan – in the event that they lose, then I'm not too sure why this should be a problem.

If you were thinking of bringing your own action – meaning that if you don't join this group, you wouldn't be getting anything anyway, then I don't see that it creates any kind of disadvantage to you.

You say that it seems to be more effort than it's worth – but how much effort is it really?

Two they give you an estimate of how much you might be entitled to?

However, maybe some of the others can see something that I have missed.

What losses have you suffered as a result of what Nissan did?

My understanding - which may be mistaken* - is that these "defeat" devices were only necessary to bypass American regulations which were designed to protect the US petrol based car industry by making it extremely difficult for non-American manufacturers to sell their diesel-engined cars in the States.  Hence "defeat" devices for America.

But they weren't needed in the UK or EU at that time because those governments were actively encouraging people to buy diesel cars because they (remember Gordon Brown?) thought they were better for us.  So the defeat devices were not necessary to meet the less restrictive UK & EU emissions regs, so they weren't cheating* in the UK and EU.

So what losses have you incurred?  That's all you can sue for.  Contrary to some TV ads you may have seen, you can't sue for damage on behalf of the environment.

*That's certainly my understanding of the VAG and Mercedes defeat devices.  I assume it's also true of Nissan but don't know for sure...