Event Cancellation In 2020, Total Warrior

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was due to participate in Total Warrior in June 2020, although the event was subsequently cancelled due to COVID.

Tickets were automatically deferred to 2021, although could be rolled to 2022 if preferred, or transferred to another individual.

It's unclear if the event is going to be permitted to go ahead this year.

Their terms, also attached, state:
I and Parent/Guardian acknowledge that Total Warrior reserves the right to cancel or reschedule Total Warrior in the event of emergency or other disaster. I and Parent/Guardian acknowledge that Total Warrior in its sole discretion may delay, modify or cancel Total Warrior if natural or man-made emergencies make administering the event unreasonably difficult or unsafe. I and Parent/Guardian agree that “emergency” is defined to mean any event beyond the control of Total Warrior, including but not limited to: high wind, extreme rain or hail, hurricane, tornado, earthquake, flood, acts of terrorism, fire, threatened or actual strike, labour difficulty or work stoppage, insurrection, war, public disaster, and unavoidable casualty. I and Parent/Guardian further acknowledge that Total Warrior in its sole discretion may also delay, modify or cancel Total Warrior if conditions on the day of the event are, in the sole judgment of Total Warrior, in any way unsafe. In the event of a delay, modification, or cancellation of Total Warrior as described in this paragraph, I and Parent/Guardian understand that I will not be entitled to a refund of my entry fee or any other costs incurred in connection with Total Warrior.

I cannot locate any information on the company, nor it's registered address. I originally asked for a refund, but received no response. I've seen a number of other people experience the same problem - one also adding that they cannot file a claim on MCOL, as there are no address details for the company to serve such a claim to.

If the event goes ahead, I'm minded to defer, as I'm not confident adequate COVID prevention measures can be put in place for this type of event. What are my rights to a refund instead? Would their no refund clause not fall under an unfair term?

TWterms_and_conditions.pdf