Very substantial donation to CAG Forums!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Greetings ladies and Gents, in the last week I have made a very substantial donation
to Consumer Action Group Forums, firstly I did not donate because CAG had helped
me recover money recently.

Also since Carona Virus 19 hit millions of people have either had a cut in their pay or lost
their job completely and are less likely to donate money even if it's just a penny or a pound!

I myself lost all working age benefits in 2019, I have HB and DHP and I have managed to
survive on just £480 and still save around £170 a month, even with an alcohol problem,
as of tomorrow I can now claim Universal Credit without the SDP Gateway rejecting my claim,
but will I? Probally not!

I had donated £100 to CAG around 14 years ago and now feel it's time to donate again
So I donated £600, plus when I donate money I get a high feeling that lasts for up to a week
afterwards like I am drunk without drinking, if you can please donate even if it's just a penny!

• Thanks 2

Andrew

ASI Industries = As i in does tries!

As i in does tries!: My definition.

I will try, i may never succeed in the goal, but at least by trying i have a greater chance of success than never trying at all!

My opinions are my own & occasionally may offend, but it is not my intention to cause offence in the first place!

Thanks for this – and thanks for your donation. I actually emailed you about it.

It was an extraordinary amount and I have to say that when we do get donations – occasionally if we are lucky – they are only a very small fraction of what you gave us.

I have to say, that although we need funds and we are happy to receive donations, I did not understand your situation at all and so I hope you won't be offended but I'm now attempting to return the donation to you.

I don't think we are prepared to accept these kinds of gifts – certainly not of this scale – from people who are in a difficult situation.

We really appreciate your support – it's very important. But we try to run a very moral organisation here and so we couldn't possibly accept a gift of this size in these circumstances.

Thank you very much indeed all the same.

• Like 1

I've returned it

Just to add, I would certainly echo the sentiment expressed above that if people feel that we have helped them and they'd like to give something back, then we always need money.

However, people should only give what they can afford – and if they can't afford anything, they shouldn't worry about it.

All our help is free – and always will be

• Like 1