Drove away from parking ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1179 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I would like to get advise on this forum  on the PCN fine i have received recently.

I have driven away from the parking guy and thought that all has been ok, no fine....but i was wrong... seems that he registered my number and send my the ticket in the post . 
Is there any Freedom left in this life? 

Is this parking ticket even legal ?!

Can I fight it in some way?

PCN.pdf

What has spouting about your freedom got to do with this?

It makes no odds you drove away - the offence thus the pcn is still valid.

Long gone are the days of 70's comedy shows that showed traffic wardens running down the road trying to a fix the ticket to make it legally served.

If you were there for that period

And the signs are ok

Sadly id pay this whilst you're still are within the discount period if they are

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Did you actually commit the alleged parking contravention or not?  If you did then pay up while a discount is still available.

If not, you need to give more details and explain exactly what happened.  Why, for instance, would you have needed to drive away from the Enforcement Officer before they ticketed you if you were correctly parked?

As you have found out, if an Enforcement Officer starts to issue a ticket and you drive off before they have finished, you simply get your ticket through the post.  Just driving off is pretty childish really, and just demonstrates that you do not know what you are doing.

Give the guy a break! He obviously drove off because he didn't want to be parted with his hard-earned money. Who would?

Didn't get away with it, but if you are to fight it you will need grounds. If you did the deed, hard to see how it will get overturned.

1 hour ago, Jamberson said:

Give the guy a break! He obviously drove off because he didn't want to be parted with his hard-earned money. Who would?

Didn't get away with it, but if you are to fight it you will need grounds. If you did the deed, hard to see how it will get overturned.

check the signs...

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I had to pop to see someone in the house for 5 min so decided to risk it , when i came outside i saw parking attendant other side of the  road ,

he then saw me approaching the  car, crossed the street and what it seem to me took the picture of me driving probably from 50 meters away.

There was no arguments or any confrontation.

This kind of tactics never happened  to me before .

Are you near or can you get your friend to take pictures of the signs clearly and where they are?

Or can you post the location link here from Google noseyneighbours ?

and they

The Authority are entitled to issue a pcn when you drive away provided they had begun to prepare the ticket before you did so.

Taking photos of a vehicle are NOT a part of ticket issuance so does not count (source: London Councils).

Nor does the simple observance of a vehicle in alleged contravention constitute 'beginning to prepare a ticket'.

If he/she had begun to enter your details into their HHC and then stopped to take pictures, you may be in difficulty.

You need to see the CEO's notes really to know what actually happened.

You also need to be aware that a regulation 10 pcn (which this should be) also acts a Notice to Owner so you are straight into formal representations. If the pcn has been issued under regulation 9 then, if what you've said is correct, this would be a procedural impropriety and will win on its own at appeal to the tribunal.

Edited by spaceman61