Bosch tumble dryer within 2 year warranty , repair failed

Redcar01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1132 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bosch tumble dryer within 2 year warranty ,faulty; on dryer  as  container led on and dryer stopping  , what can I do ?  can I ask for a refund after a manufacturer repair has failed. Dryer is in 2 year John Lewis warranty. thanks 

Hi Redcar,

You've given us too little info to work with so can you confirm to us in bullet points, relevant dates, cost, contact with retailer, their actions, contact with Bosch, their actions, etc.

Brief info for now so we have the basics please. :-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

why did you goto the manu rather than the retailer.??

did JL tell you too?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As asked above, I think you need to give us more detail.

Please could you give us a bullet point chronology of what has happened – dates, values, et cetera.

Also details of any exchange you have had with John Lewis about this.

Of course the liability is with John Lewis – but we need to know much more detail about the story before we can advise you how to go about it.

Bought online from John Lewis £299 March 2019 , 2 year guarantee. Faulty January 2021 JL advised to go to Bosch for repair. 

Bosch came out and replaced the pump under warranty Jan 2021 . Used the machine that night and the fault still exists. 

Do I have to keep having a repair or can I get a refund or replacement. Thanks 

Okay it sounds as if you are going to get a good result.

It was actually the responsibility of John Lewis the supplier – and most retailers now try to pass their customers off onto the manufacturers. It generally speaking causes problems because the manufacturers are reluctant to get involved. It sounds to me as if you are being dealt with very decently.

Also, it sounds to me as if you are going to do very well out of it because if they are going to replace the unit if they can't fix it then this is more than you could have expected if you had eventually had to pursue a claim.

Strictly speaking, you had two years use out of the unit and therefore you wouldn't be entitled to a full replacement or a refund of the cost value. You would only be entitled to a percentage – calculated on the two years use out of the expected life of the dryer.

So, for instance, if the life of the dryer was 10 years – and you have had two years use out of it, then you would only be entitled to a refund of 80% of the replacement value.

So if you get a brand-new machine then you are doing very well.

Please keep us updated

• 2 weeks later...

So we've had 3 visits, 1st visit pump changed 2nd visit engineer ordered a new pipe and control module , 3rd visit the the engineer was going to replace the pipe but the wrong one was ordered , control module not changed as the engineer reckons it was the pipe 

I'm getting rather fed up now.

Please monitor this thread for a reply later or tomorrow.