• Tweets

• My WS as I intend to send it... any problems anyone can spot?         In the county court at Middlesbrough Claim No:  Between Vehicle Control Services Limited (Claimant) V   (Defendant) Witness Statement Introduction It is admitted that the Defendant is the registered keeper of XXnn XXX   Locus standi/bye-laws and Relevant land Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedom Act 2012 (PoFA) allows recovery of unpaid parking charges from the keeper of the vehicle. However, the first paragraph 1 (1) (a) states that it only applies “in respect of parking of the vehicle on relevant land:”. The definition of “relevant land” is given in paragraph 3 (1) where subsection (c) excludes “any land ... on which the parking of a vehicle is subject to statutory control”.  The bus stop is not on relevant land because the public road on which that stand is on is covered by the Road Traffic Act.  Notwithstanding that the claimant claims that " the claimant has given the Defendant its contractual licence to enter the site", the claimant has not given any contractual licence whatsoever. This is a road leading to/from the airport which is covered by the Road Traffic Act.  A list of highways on the Highways act 1980 does not even exist. The defendant brings the attention of the court that VCS is using this non existent document issue as a deliberate strategy to debunk the fact that this road is not relevant land. VCS are put to strict proof that it is relevant land not covered by the Road Traffic Act nor by Byelaws. While it is true that landowners can bring in their own terms, it is also true that whatever terms they bring  cannot overrule Byelaws and the Road Traffic Act. If Bye Laws are involved then the bus stop is not relevant land and neither is the specious argument about First Great Western Ltd. Is the claimant ignorant of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012? The road outside of Doncaster Sheffield Airport is not relevant land and is not covered by the Protection of Freedoms Act. That makes the charge against the claimant tantamount to fraud or extortion. The claimant mentions a couple occasions where they have won such cases. It is brought to the attention of the court that none of those cited cases were on airport land. VCS actually has also lost a lot more cases than they have won using their prohibitive signs.  Airport land is covered by Bye Laws and hence the claim by VCS is not applicable in this instance. The remit of VCS ends in the car park and does not extend to the bus stops on public roads or land which they have no jurisdiction over. All classes of people go to the airport. This includes travellers, taxis, fuel bowsers, airport staff, companies delivering food and drink for each aircraft, air traffic controllers and buses with passengers. It is therefore absolutely ridiculous to attribute VCS with any sort of permissions. The defendant submits that VCS should not confuse a major thoroughfare with a car park and presume to act as land owners and usurp the control of any land which is not relevant to them.   Protection of Freedoms Act The clearest point on section 4.1 of the Protection of Freedoms act is that “The provisions in Schedule 4 are intended to apply only on private land in England and Wales. Public highways are excluded as well as any parking places on public land which are either provided or controlled by a local authority (or other government body). Any land which already has statutory controls in relation to the parking of vehicles (such as byelaws applying to airports, ports and some railway station car parks) is also excluded.” Therefore, as this case pertains to an airport, the claimant unlawfully obtained the registered keeper’s details against the defendant’s vehicle. Thus, on this basis alone, the defendant implores the court to throw out this case. Notwithstanding the above point, if perchance Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms act 2012 were to apply, the claimant is put to strict proof that they complied with the requirements of section 7 stating, “(1)A notice which is to be relied on as a notice to driver for the purposes of paragraph 6(1)(a) is given in accordance with this paragraph if the following requirements are met. The notice must — (a)specify the vehicle, the relevant land on which it was parked and the period of parking to which the notice relates;” Without such proof the court must of necessity throw out this case forthwith.   Deceit, Intimidation and Extortion The Claimant’s Particulars of Claim include £50 legal costs, yet in the letter dated  03/06/2021, the Claimant stated that they were no longer represented by Elms Legal and all further correspondence should be sent to the VCS in-house litigation department. Why should the Claimant be asking the Defendant to contribute to their employee’s salary?  Furthermore, as per another letter dated 30th July 2021, the Claimant wrote, ‘Should you fail to accept our offer of settlement then we will proceed to Trial and bring this letter to the Court’s attention upon question of costs in order seek further costs of £220 incurred in having to instruct a local Solicitor to attend the hearing in conjunction with the amount claimed on the Claim Form.’ I find this an extraordinary statement given the Claimant knows legal costs are capped at £50 in Small Claims Court. I cannot think of any reason why the Claimant would write this letter other than to intimidate the opposing party with the threat of an extortionate sum of money, hoping they would be able to take advantage of someone not knowing the Small Claims Court rules. Given that this letter came from the Claimant’s in-house litigation department, clearly well-versed in the law, this cannot be anything but deceitful and disingenuous behaviour which the court should never tolerate.    Contractual costs / debt recovery charge  In addition to the £50 legal costs, the Claimant is seeking recovery of the original £100 parking charge plus an additional £60 which is described as ‘debt collection costs’. In the Vehicle Control Service v Claim Number: 18 on 4th September 2019, District Judge Jones-Evans stated, ‘Upon it being recorded that District Judge Jones-Evans has over a very significant period of time warned advocates […] in many cases of this nature before this court that their claim for £60 is unenforceable in law and is an abuse of process and is nothing more than a poor attempt to go behind the decision of the Supreme Court in Beavis which inter alia decided that a figure of £160 as a global sum claimed in this case would be a penalty and not a genuine pre-estimate of loss and therefore unenforceable in law and if the practice continued he would treat all cases as a claim for £160 and therefore a penalty and unenforceable in law. It is hereby declared […] the claim be struck out and declared to be wholly without merit and an abuse of process.’  In Claim number F0DP806M and F0DP201T, Britannia v Crosby went further in a landmark judgement in November 2019 which followed several parking charge claims being struck out in the area overseen by His Honour Judge Iain Hamilton-Douglas Hughes GC, the Designated Civil Judge for Dorset, Hampshire, Isle of White & Wiltshire. District Judge Taylor echoed the earlier General Judgement or Orders of District Judge Grand stating, ‘It is ordered that the claim is struck out as an abuse of process. The claim contains a substantial charge additional to the parking charge which it is alleged the Defendant contracted to pay. This additional charge is not recoverable under the Protection of Freedom Acts 2012, Schedule 4 nor with reference to the judgment in ParkingEye v Beavis. It is an abuse of process from the Claimant to issue a knowingly inflated claim for an additional sum which it is not entitled to recover. This order has been made by the court of its own initiative without a hearing pursuant to CPR Rule 3.3(4) of the Civil Procedure Rules 1998…’ Vehicle Control Service v Claim Number: 19 51. Moreover, the addition of costs not specified on signage are also in breach of the Consumer Rights Act 2015, Schedule 2, specifically paras 6, 10 and 14.  It is the Defendant’s position that the Claimant in this case has knowingly submitted inflated costs and thus the entire claim should be similarly struck out in accordance with Civil Procedure Rule 3.3(4).  The Defendant is of the view that the Claimant knew, or should have known, that to claim in excess of £100 for a parking charge on private lands is disallowed under the Civil Procedure Rules, the Beavis Case, the Protection of Freedom Act 2012 and Consumer Rights Act 2015, and that relief from sanctions should be refused.   Alleged contract The court should consider if there is any contract to start with and if the alleged offence is on relevant land. The consideration will inevitably lead the court to conclude that there is no contract.  Also the court should note that there is no valid contract that exists between VCS and Peel. Under the Companies Act, a contract should be signed by the directors of both companies and witnessed by two independent individuals. This alleged contract, which makes no mention of pursuing registered keepers of vehicles to court, makes its first appearance as a Witness Statement. Thus the alleged contract is null and void.  The Beavis case referred to by the claimant is about parking in a car park. The claimant is here attempting to equate that case to stopping, not parking, in a bus stop and on a road that is covered by the Road Traffic Act. The defendant submits that there can be no contract as there is no offer but there is only a prohibition. Again, it is not relevant land and VCS has absolutely no rights over it. Further, the defendant would like to point out that motorists NEVER accept any contract just by entering the land. First they must read it and understand it and then, and only then can they realise that "No stopping" is prohibitive and cannot offer a contract.   Bus stop signage The signs around the bus stop do not mention who issued the “No Stopping” signs so it could not have been issued by VCS since the IPC CoP states that their signs should include the IPC logo and that the creditor should be identified. Nothing on the signs around the bus stop that says “NO Stopping” mentions VCS or Peel Investments who are now purporting to be the land owners of a public road. As the signage should identify the creditor, since it does not, this is a breach of the CoP.   The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016 does not prohibit stopping in a restricted bus stop or stand, it prohibits stopping in a clearway. The defendant would like to ask the court to consider if any clause of the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016 that the claimant alleges has been violated by the defendant. There is no mention of permits on the signage. If there were, would it mean that Permit holders were allowed to stop on “No Stopping” roads? Notwithstanding what the claimant calls it, the mentioned signage is NOT a contractual clause. A “No stopping” sign is not an offer of parking terms.  Since the signage around the bus stop is prohibitive, it is as such is incapable of forming a contract. Further, the defendant would like to point out that the prohibitive sign is not actually at the bus stop but a few metres before the stand itself. There is no mention of a £100 charge for breaching the “No stopping” request, or if there is one then it is far too small to read, even for a pedestrian. As already stated, a Witness Statement between VCS and Peel Investments is not a valid document. It will need more than the Claimants feather to outweigh the case against the Defendant regardless of who was driving. There is no law of agency involved. This is not a case of employer/employee relationship. VCS cannot transfer the driver's liability to the registered keeper. There can be no comparison between a railway station and an airport. This is a totally fatuous analogy which cannot be applied to this case.  As stated in the defence, it is denied the Claimant is entitled to the recovery or any recovery at all. The nefarious parking charge notice given for a vehicle on a public road bus stop was ill advised to start with.   Conclusions:   VCS has failed to present ANY reasonable and valid cause to apply to the DVLA for the Defendants details. VCS has failed to provide ANY valid  contract with the landowners. “No stopping” is prohibitive therefore cannot form a contract the event happened on a bus stop over which VCS has no jurisdiction the signage either does not show that there was a charge of £100 for stopping, or the font size was too small for any motorist to be able to read it  the signage does not show the Creditor which fails the IPC CoP and hence the signage is not valid the WS contract does not authorise VCS to pursue motorists to Court Given all these factors it seems that VCS have breached the GDPR of the Defendant quite substantially and it would appear right that an exemplary award is made against VCS in the hope that they will drop all further cases at Doncaster airport where they are pursuing motorists on non relevant land. The Defendant wishes to bring to the attention of the court that the Claimant cites an irrelevant case of a car park and tries to apply its merits to a bus stop. That in itself invalidates the entire fallacious claim. Accordingly, this case is totally without merit. Some statements are pretty close to perjury and others are designed to mislead or misdirect. None of the analogies seem appropriate or relevant. All the false information presented as a statement of truth could have been stated using half the words and without all the repetition which appears to be trying to build a strong case where there is none at all. One particularly bad example of misdirection is in the photographs. The Clearway sign shown near the bus stop is very unclear unlike the Clearway sign two photos before it which may well include terms and conditions. The one by the bus stop is totally different.   47. Lastly I wish to bring to the attention of the court, a systematic pattern of the Claimant’s court action behaviour in several of their cases. They tend to have a VCS paralegal writing a Witness Statement, then mentioning in the last paragraph of the Witness Statement that they may be unable to attend court and subsequently the paralegals never turn up to be cross examined. In the event that Mohammed Wali is unable to attend court to be asked about his claims, then I would like to know why he is not able to attend when the hearing has been scheduled months in advance, is during working hours and as a result of covid, is online, meaning there is no travel involved. Ambreen Arshad, the other paralegal employed by VCS, does exactly the same. 
    • Hang on. don't panic!   You sent the snotty letter which has told the fleecers to put up or shut up.  So far they've haven't taken you to court.  This might change, but so far you're in the driving seat.  You don't have to deal with them any more.  It's up to them if they have the gonads to start court action or not.   Regarding DCBL, they are not representing their client in the normal way that a solicitor represents a client, because the sums of money involved are too low for that.  They are just chucked a few quid to send a couple of "threatening" letters.  There is no point in dealing with them.   If you want the original PCN send a SAR to UKPCM only.  For the SAR letter simply click on "SAR".   However, the SAR has nothing to do with the 30 days, you've already dealt with that with the snotty letter.  You need to read lots of similar threads and familiarise yourself with the legal process.  CAG is a superb free library.    
    • Hi again, so I will send a SAR to UKPC because I don't remember seeing the  NTK.  Then should I let DCBL know otherwise they will probably issue the court papers but they might hold off if i tell them about the SAR?   what do you think?  I need to do it this weekend or it will be beyond the 30 days.  Otherwise to let it run will definitely lead to a court case perhaps??   Can I get a copy of a SAR letter on here? thanks
    • 👍   One thing, write "unlawful", not "illegal".   Sorry to be pernickety, but "illegal" = "a crime".   "unlawful" = "not in accordance with the law".    They've lied to the DVLA but that's not actually a crime, it's misuse of your personal data which is a civil matter, and you can sue the idiots once your case is over for breach of GDPR, but it's not a criminal offence.
    • Just added also paragraph 11 stating " Notwithstanding the above point, if perchance Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms act 2012 were to apply, VCS should prove that they complied with the requirements of section 7 stating, “(1)A notice which is to be relied on as a notice to driver for the purposes of paragraph 6(1)(a) is given in accordance with this paragraph if the following requirements are met. The notice must — (a)specify the vehicle, the relevant land on which it was parked and the period of parking to which the notice relates;” Without such proof the court must of necessity throw out this case forthwith."
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

Barclays First Plus/Elderbridge FOS Mediation

Myfamily

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I'm not sure if I have a problem or not really! I keep getting calls from people asking about our loan with First plus and whether it had PPI on it, with all of them I have told them that there is no PPI showing on my agreement and that was the end of it, but today someone called fom FusionConsumer solutions and told me that although it does not show on the agreement First plus may have been adding it into our payments!!

She asked when I took the loan out which was approx 2006 for £100,000 and what our payments were, then she worked out that we were paying approx £500 per month more than we should be and over the 25 years would be paying back about £270,000!!

I don't know what to do now, if it has no PPI on the agreement how am I supposed to claim it back? Is what the lady from Fusion told me correct? Surely it would be totally illegal to be incluing something like PPI without even telling me!?

Has anyone else had this with First plus?

Any advise greatly appreciated as usual!!

Thanks

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I'd steer clear of anything a claims company tells you and tell them where to go. They can do nothing for you that you cannot do yourself.

If PPI doesn't feature on your agreement then it won't be part of the loan itself. However you may have been paying a foxed amount each month along dies the loan. To see whether that is the case then you would need to check the statements of the account from which you were making your payments from.

ims

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Hi IMS,

Thanks for your reply.

I have had a llok at my agreement, and I am confused.

The loan was for 100,000 at 9.4% and over 300 months. First plus have this on my agreement to be £843.31 per month but I work it out to be £364.66, so I don't understand the difference of £478.65? Am I missing something here?

Thanks

Hi

£100,000 at 9.4% APR with a repayment of 843.31 for 300 months does work out correct.

Use this spreadsheet to confirm

LoanAnalysis.xls

ims

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Hi IMS,

Thanks for your reply.

I have had a llok at my agreement, and I am confused.

The loan was for 100,000 at 9.4% and over 300 months. First plus have this on my agreement to be £843.31 per month but I work it out to be £364.66, so I don't understand the difference of £478.65? Am I missing something here?

Thanks

I think your calculation went wrong because you only added 9.4% once, rather than 9.4% APR (it means + 9.4% every year) for 25 years. :)

Ah yes Shaniannie,

Of course you're absolutely right, silly me!!! Was hoping I might have something on first plus, as the interest rate just goes up and up!!

Oh well, back to the drawing board then!

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Hello Everyone.

It seems ike I'm here all the time with every problem but this one is much more serious!!

me and my partner have a large loan with first plus, we took it out in 2004 to consolidate a lot of other debts that we had. We have been managin it since then up untill last Jan 2011l. The Interest rate goes up and up and never goes down, we were paying over £900 per month and last Jan 2011 when we missed a payment, we then missed Feb.

I called them and explained that we were having financial difficulties - we both work in the publice sector where there have been major cuts in our overtime hours etc and no pay increase for 3 years!!

They merged our arrears back into the loan and said that we could pay only £600 per month for a year. This ended in April 2012 and they are already chasing me, and saying that we now have o pay the full £900+ and also an extra amount for the arrears which are around £5,000. The problem is nothing has improved, and I don't know what to do now!

I am expecting an improvement by the middle of next year as my partner will no longer be paying child support as his child will be18 and he now doing the knowledge to become and cab driver part time, this will hopefully bring in more money so that we cann pay first plus.

Can anyone give me any advise, the calls from first plus have not been nice my last payment was 28 April and they have already called me 6 times, I have told them I will look at my income and expences but don't know what to tell them, I don't think they will be happy if I can't pay them the full amount. I have managed the £600 (just!!) and I would like to carry that on for another year, can anyone help me with trying to negotiate this with them??

Any help or comments are as usual very much appreciated - I just feel like I'm panicking but I don't want to lose my home because of a temporary problem in my finances, I know we will be much better by the middle of next year, but I have heard that Firstplus are very difficult!

Please help!

Myfamily

Not for that amount, no.

Your option, since they have already given you a concession regarding payments for a year, is to make the monthly payment plus an amount towards the arrears. To try to reduce the arrears payment, you could ask them to capitalise the arrears. Your best bet is to negotiate with them as much as possible - tell them that they should not phone you and to put all communication in writing, but NEVER ignore their letters and always respond in writing, send by recorded delivery and keep a copy.

Unfortunately, if you can't meet the CMI (current instalment), then they will probably start possession proceedings (I am presuming the loan is secured on the house), IF you are unable to reach an agreement by negotiating.

I only need the etxra help for a another year and then I could make the nomal payments, If I tell them this do you think that it's likely that they can capitalise the arrears and make the same arrangment for another year?

I only need the etxra help for a another year and then I could make the nomal payments, If I tell them this do you think that it's likely that they can capitalise the arrears and make the same arrangment for another year?

You'll have to contact them to find out.

Is there any equity in your property?

No I don't think there would be it is a secured loan and I also have a charging order. I also don't think that my mortgage company would allow anything else as I went into arrears with them recently but am paying extra on top of the normal mortgage to pay it back

No I don't think there would be it is a secured loan and I also have a charging order. I also don't think that my mortgage company would allow anything else as I went into arrears with them recently but am paying extra on top of the normal mortgage to pay it back

I asked about equity to see whether the mortgagee had security in the loan being repaid, not so you could borrow more money.

Lack of equity is, quite frankly, a real issue for you, as the mortgagee will now state that after giving you a year's concession in the payments, their money is at risk as you a) can't afford the CMI and b) there's no equity in the property.

As I stated yesterday, all you can do is negotiate and hope that they will be lenient and allow you a further grace period. Unfortunately, without any equity in the property, you don't have much in the way of a safety net to offer the mortgagee.

Ah I see, I haven't checked the value of the house in a long time but I have just had a look at Zoopla, which I signed up to ages ago and it seems to show that there may well be some equity, which is a nice suprise! but I'm worried that if the mortgagee know that won't they just want to re-possess even more in order to just get their money back now?

Depends how much equity there is. If there is in excess of 50k equity, then it is a useful tool to state to them when asking them to keep your payments low for a further year, that there is no prejudice to them as their money remains secure. If it's a very small amount (under 50k), then it's more likely to make them think their money is at severe risk. They'll undoubtedly have done some research into house prices in your area in any case when they considered starting possession proceedings, so they'll have a good idea of it's rough worth.

Hi Lea_HTH. I have worked it out my property is worth the amount of mortgage, the secured loan and the amount of the charging order all of these would be fully paid if the house was sold (not what I want as this is our family home and I'm trying desperately to keep it!!) I am going to call them tomorrow, I know I should have done it already but I'm terrified and need to pull myself together and calm down otherwise i'll end up crying at them!!

So if I explain the above to them , that the loan is completely covered by the house's value would that be acceptable, sorry I know I've asked this, i'm just worried that they will decide to tell me to sell and pay them back now.

I have done an income and expenditure form for them already, but have not sent it yet to them - Is there a letter that I can write to them, would that be better than a phone call?

In other words, there's no equity. There would be sale costs involved if you did sell too.

Do not call them, put your offer in writing, they ought to respond within 10 days, and if they refuse they should give you a reason.

In all honesty, this is going to come down to how persuasive you can be regarding a further concession on payment - as they have already given you a concession, presumably with the intention that you'd resume full payments at this point, they may think you are not serious about repaying the loan in the term agreed. But don't let that stop you from writing to them with your proposals, if they say no, then you'll have to have another look at what you can afford. You should include an I&E with any offer you make, not because you have to, but because it'll be easier for them to ascertain whether or not you are able to sustain the payment you are offering.

• 3 months later...

Hello all,

I hope someone can help me.

My mortgage provide wrote to me a couple of months ago advising that my mortgage which has been on interest only for approx 2 years was due to return to repayment in september. I went into arrears approx 6 months ago and arrears are about £3,500 which is about 3 months.

I made an arrangement 2 months ago to pay an extra £50 each month towards the arrears but they told me that my mortgage would have to go onto repayment and asked me how I was going to afford that. I told them I would look into it.

I basically need to ask them for an extension of some kind, I cannot affrod the extra £300 each month at the moment but I have a couple of other loans that are ending in Jan and Feb and I just need the payments to stay as they are for now and then in Feb I will be able to make the full repayment amount.

The mortgage company have been calling me everyday since my last payment in August (i have not answered the phone!) as they obviously want to know what I'm doing in Sept. The number I have checked on Who Calls Me is from their collections dept, and the comments on the Who Calls Me website say they are quite aggressive so I don't want to speak to them on the phone.

Can anyone help me with a letter or something to send to them asking for this extension, I would be so gratefull! Or any advise at all please!

Thanks.

Myfamily.

Anyone have any thoughts at all on this one, really want to get something sorted out but just don't know the best way to go about it.

Thanks

Myfamily

Edited by Myfamily

Hello there, the first thing to bear in mind is that lenders have rules that they should follow with their customers, the following is taken from our mortgage arrears fact sheet:

Financial Services Authority (FSA) Mortgages and Home Finance: Conduct of Business sourcebook (MCOB)

. If your lender is regulated by the FSA, they will have to follow these rules. The rules can be useful to mention when trying to come to an arrangement with your lender.

As well as treating you fairly if you are in arrears, the rules say that a lender must:

•have a written policy on how to deal with customers who are in arrears;

•set up a payment plan which is practical based on your circumstances and which covers the rest of the term of your mortgage, where appropriate;

•consider all options to help you deal with your arrears and give you a reasonable period of time to consider options they suggest to you;

•make you aware of any schemes run by the Government that may help you;

•send you regular information about your arrears;

•not apply charges to your account each month where you already have an arrangement in place to repay your arrears;

•use payments you make to clear your arrears before clearing the charges that have been added to your account; and

•not put pressure on you through too many calls or letters.

The FSA rules are contained in the ‘Mortgages and Home Finance: Conduct of Business sourcebook (MCOB)’. Search for ‘MCOB’ at http://www.fsa.gov.uk.

In a nutshell your lender has an obligation to try and help as much as they can, and they should consider any reasonable arrangement. If you have any 'non-priority' debts such as credit cards and unsecured loans you may need to reduce the payments on these to free up as much money as possible for the mortgage payment.

You can read more about dealing with mortgage arrears via our fact sheet:

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/guide.php?page=guide-mortgage-arrears

Hope you find this post useful!

NDL

For Free, Confidential and Independent advice: 0808 808 4000

Monday - Friday 9am to 9pm // Saturday 9.30am to 1pm // 24-hour voicemail. Please leave a message to request an information pack. http://www.nationaldebtline.org // http://www.mymoneysteps.org

Hi NDL

Thank you very much for this it is usefull.

I would like to put my situation and proposal to them in writing but I am just struggling write it, can anyone help me with this please?

Myfamily

Hi again,

Anyone have any ideas on this, please really want to send something off to them and get it sorted out but just don't know how to put it to them. Any help greatly appreciated!!

Well basically I wanted to explain that I expect a car loan to be ending in Jan and I am reducing my payments to credit cards and loans in order to free up engough money to cover the mortgage my partner also expects to be getting better wages as of January - overtime is returning in his company :-) so I wanted them to consider keeping my payments as they are untill Feb when we can make the full repayment amount.

I'm just not very professional when it comes to this and I just need help with the best way to write this. I didn't want to sound weak but on the other hand don't want to sound too stroppy - can anyone help?