• Tweets

• They are very nonsensical aren’t they? As far as I can tell they have no proof of ownership of debt whatsoever - it feels like they’re just hoping I cave in 🙈   I’ll get onto the CRA’s now - thank you 😊 
    • Thanks ...okay well as you are already aware you will get more sense out of your bin than talking to Arrow...so I would now escalate it by informing the Credit Reference agencies and submit a Notice of Correction ( each CRA has its own instruction's on how  to submit) and they will contact Arrow asking for details of the debt....if that fails you can contact the ICO (information Commissioner's Office) and raise a complaint re false data reporting.     See how you get on.
    • I have a sense that you haven't been reading around because if you had been you would have seen lots of draft particulars particulars of claim and lots of explanation about what is necessary. Are you familiar with all the arguments? Are you familiar with all the steps needed to take a small claim in the County Court? Maybe you should hold back for a day or two while you do some serious reading on this forum. We've got all the information here. We got the benefit of the experience of lots of people doing exactly what you are trying to do. If you stop for a moment and do the reading around you will feel very confident and empowered   I'm afraid this also confirms my view that you simply haven't done any reading at all of the sub- forum. This point comes up again and again with Hermes and there is a very simple answer to it which I have repeated in other people's threads so often that I don't think I'm going to go into it again here. Please spend the next day reading and you will soon find the answers to your questions. Once again, it will make you more confident and more empowered
    • Just to clarify, am I on solid ground stating the defendant lost the parcel, when parcel2go are the broker for myhermes and it's parcel2go who I'm challenging?   Thanks. 
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

Angard Staffing (Royal Mail) - Have not paid my daughters wage for November 2020 - Do I take them to tribunal?

My daughter worked for Angard Staffing at a Royal Mail sorting office in November, she worked 9am-2pm, she signed her name on the register along with her staff ID number.

Now since November Angard have not paid her that wage!

Angard say the manager for that day has not confirmed she worked and he needs to confirm she worked before she can get paid.  My daughter sent an email back to Angard telling them she signed her name on the name register, with her ID number and Angard can check the cctv for that day.

Angard have not replied back and no wage has been paid, what is  the next step to take? 

• dx100uk changed the title to Angard Staffing (Royal Mail) - Have not paid my daughters wage for November 2020 - Do I take them to tribunal?

If it were me, I would be asking Angard staffing the name of the Royal Mail manager, their telephone number and email address.  I they don't provide the information, then try to find out the Royal Mail site telephone number and see if you can speak to someone who deals with this at the Royal Mail end of the process.

I would then be contacting the Royal Mail manager for the information about hours worked to be confirmed by email and I would be sending to Angard.

Bit early to be going down tribunal route or issuing a County Court claim.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

To make this happen in a hurry, In addition to making the request suggested above, send each one of these companies a subject access request. Send them separately to the request that you were making anyway

SAR, then small claims court instead of ET - will be faster.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!