VCS/PFS ANPR PCN - Nicol Street, Kirkcaldy Scotland - Demand Before Court Action

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1181 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

PCN Charge  - NTK received on 26th January for, “illegal” parking on the  Nicol Street Car Park for 11 minutes on 19th January, (having done so on the understanding that the car parks had been made free due to the COVID-19).

I noticed a similar event and correspondence regarding the same car park in June last year and the advice given was to ignore the, “fine”. However I can’t find the correspondence again and wondered if the advice was followed and how it turned out? 

• dx100uk changed the title to VCS/PFS ANPR PCN - Nicol Street, Kirkcaldy Scotland - Demand Before Court Action

there is nationally a minimum 10 mins grace period what no maximum.

there is no such thing as trespass in scotland.

i see you've posted on the other like thread

sit on your hands.

if you are nearby help everyone and go get clear photo's of all the signs 

• Like 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The bad news is that Scotland passed the Transport Bill in 2019 which included making the keeper responsible if certain things are in order.{ Thank you Nicola} The good news I think, is that all the signs are in the name of Excel, so still sit on your hands. 

So if you could get photos of the sign at the entrance to the car park plus other signs inside the car park and on the payment meter we will then know the involvement of Excel and VCS. They are both separate companies so only one of them will have the contract with the landowner.

Please see a couple of new posts on the above subject on Haribo's thread.

The advice is still the same-do NOT divulge the name of the driver or suggest to us that you were driving.

Please answer the questions on post 2 so we can see what they say. Illegal parking sounds very dubious. Unlawful possibly but not illegal.

Edited by lookinforinfo

i have made the relevant part a PDF

this is now in the stickies of this forum.

Scottish POFA Equiv enacted oct 2019 - Private Land Parking Enforcement - Consumer Action Group

• Like 1

and they

Dear All,

Please be advised that I took appropriate photos of the signage at the Nicol Street Car Park   but subsequently had difficulty in adding less than 1MB of jpg’s.

Never mind, as advised I am sitting on my hands since if I can use the analogy of getting blood out of a stone, similarly they will be unable to extract the same from a corpse!

Best regards.

Put them all in one multipage pdf

Read our upload guide carefully

and they

Mcnato, another member on here has written to say that the parking regulation on the Scotland {transport] Bill have not yet been enacted.

I am sorry to have misdirected you.

It now means that the position reverts to where it was when you first received your PCN.

As long as you do not divulge who was driving  you will not be taken to Court as there is no legal reason to make the keeper responsible for a driver's actions.

However it would still be helpful to get pictures of the carpark signage to help fend off any claims made against you.