Vanquis Credit Card Old Debt - moorcroft pestering by phone day and night

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 695 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well I have been receiving various calls from these muppets from different numbers, some just silent or nothing left on my voicemail.

This is becoming a regular occurrence and now receiving calls late evening and early mornings so yesterday I sent a harassment letter asking them to remove all contacts from their records and stop calling me.

Anyway today I answered the phone and spoke to 'Cheryl' nice girl but she started to bleat on about credit cards etc in which I stopped her in her tracks and mentioned about their constant calling and that I had submitted a relevant complaint.

She took the liberty to then inform that they can call me up to 8 times a day - is this correct or should I now submit a further complaint regarding this conversation ?

If you have submitted a complaint in writing then they are duty bound to remove all telephone contact numbers.

I would like to know where she gets the idea they can call you 8 times a day, shame you did not record that?

Saying that it is a little early for that harassmant letter to kick in and be acted upon

• Confused 1

Thanks obiter dictum.

Yeah a missed opportunity but I can always request details if need be but I have a calls log list with times and dates anyway. She did not know what to say when I questioned it and asked for evidence that allows the company to do this.

I know about letter but I did take the opportunity to mention that it was on its way and that a copy has also been passed to relevant bodies who might be interested.

Watch this space :wink:

Incorrect, there is no defined limit, however over 3 times a week for calls relating to sales or collection is excessive IMHO.

Next time they ring, record it and play along.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

• 5 years later...

Opened April 2015.

Got behind on payments in Sept 2017.

Vanquis contacted me to arrange repayment plan. Then received demand from Moorcrofts.

Account returned to Vanquis Case Manager October 2017. 

Interest frozen but no monthly payment plan agreed as no further correspondence received.

I have had no statements since Sept 2017?

Last payment October 2017.

I have checked Experian today and states that Credit Card in Default January 2018?

I have never received any details confirming this and I am a bit concerned what to do? Will I suddenly get something from them threatening legal / Court action?

Do I contact Vanquis or hang fire ?

Any advice would be appreciated.

OC 's don't do court

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok dx yes you are right.

I am somewhat confused as to what is going on but details showing as default on Credit Report.

All communication including statements, e-mails, letters etc stopped around October 2017.

Do I just leave for now?

as long as you've not moved since taking the card out then i expect they'll sell it on at some point

or could it be there is another issue like they should never had given you the card in the 1st place?

if your credit file was shot with defaults and you had lots of other debt there might be a case for an irresponsible lending claim?

tell us the story

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks again dx.

No I am still at the same address.

I used to get posted & emailed statements from Vanquis.

Also a letter from Moorcroft demandGing payment / plan.

Referred back to Vanquis as didn't want dealings with them.

Then they stopped? October 2017.

I recently checked my credit score and saw details on there. Intending to pay-off debt.

This and another 2 cards in which I have an arrangement with (all rather small amounts) appear on it.

Totally bemused dx

As per my old and new posts all correspondences have now ceased from all parties hence me raising issue again.

If defaulted in January 2018, surely I should have been notified?

• dx100uk changed the title to Vanquis Credit Card Old Debt - moorcroft pestering by phone day and night

Well send an sar then you have everything ready when they sell it to a dca

and they

why should it change?

dx

and they

• 1 year later...

I sent a GDPR / Subject Access request to Vanquis via recorded delivery on 14th April, 2022, using CAG template and for all details under my said name and account. It was received and signed for by Vanquis on 16th April, 2022.

Vanquis sent a letter dated 21st April, 2022 requesting my full account number and date of birth before processing my request?

Anyway I replied with details on 23rd April, 2022.

When does the 1 month response with details start. From the 14th April, 2022 or 23rd April, 2022?

Many thanks for any comments.

Date of receipt...topic moved to the appropriate forum.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

old and new threads merged.

should be 30days from request but they are entitled to check your details. 1 extra week wont hurt.

had you moved since taking this out?

why are you sending this sar , has the debt now been sold on?

dx

and they

Hi dx thanks for your reply and merging posts.

I am still at same address as when card was taken out in 2013.

I found a Notice of sums in arrears received November 2017?

I recently received a letter from Lowel's saying that they had taken over the debt, hence why I sent Vanquis an SAR.

They want me to enter into a repayment plan.

As mentioned before I had never received any written default details?

Shall I just wait for SAR / GDPR details from Vanquis before responding further?

Or should I send Lowel's a CCA Request?

Many thanks for your comments. 

Edited by Baz1994

Hi Baz,

If debts have been sold to DCA's and they have written with a Notice of Assignment, then you should be firing a CCA request to them yes - dx commented this in my thread.

The Notice of Assignment will read something like " (insert company name) has assigned all of it's rights, title and interest in respect of....."

You could remain silent still (I did) and it will likely proceed to a Letter of Claim, in which point you follow post 2 here: Letter of Claim

BT

CAG Site Team and Forum Helpers are unpaid volunteers

Over the years CAG has probably helped hundreds of thousands of people, only a small number of people come back and let us know what happened or to say thank you

and an even smaller number of people ever think to make a donation.

If you are able, without leaving yourself short, consider donating, all donations go towards Site hosting and maintenance - help us stay live for future people in need.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Essential Reading: Dealing with Customer Service

Ok Badtimes123 many thanks and I will send DCA a CCA request and await SAR details from Vanquis.

Regarding the Notice of Assignment from Vanquis, they only advise of change of ownership to Lowell's and that it was sold on 30/3/22.

Vanquis also state that my agreement was terminated with effect from 29/03/22 yet default notice was supposedely sent 31/01/18 ?     

Apologies something dx told me in my thread - it sometimes states 'sold', that is the Notice of Assignment.

As long as it doesn't say 'acting on behalf of my client...' which just means a DCA is going to be harassing you on behalf of the OC :)  But I understand Lowell's are a debt buying company and have most likely purchased the debt so you're good. You should also see on your credit file that Lowell now owns it.

Default Notice does come first, it is your opportunity to act (within two weeks) and not have the agreement terminated, like catch up arrears and continue agreed payments thereafter. I don't think the OC is bound by any time limit as to when they choose to terminate the agreement, although 3 years is a long time!

DN matters for Statute of Limitations, terminating agreement means nothing in the grand scheme really.

Edited by Badtimes123
typos

Over the years CAG has probably helped hundreds of thousands of people, only a small number of people come back and let us know what happened or to say thank you

If you are able, without leaving yourself short, consider donating, all donations go towards Site hosting and maintenance - help us stay live for future people in need.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Many thanks again for comments.

I have just checked my Equifax Credit File but still states Vanquis so I am confused? Perhaps takes a while to up-date?

Like I said I cannot ever remember receiving the Default Notice from Vanquis  but can only find a notice of arrears letter. Hence why I have requested a SAR / GDPR from Vanquis for details.

It's actually 4 years between Default Notice and internal termination of account hence my concerns.

Should I still send a CCA to Lowell's ?

Edited by Baz1994

Whats the date on the Notice of Assignment? you mention being received 'recently'

No Default Notice is great news for you! and will assist you defending in the future.

Credit file - Yes there will definitely be a delay with updates if say Lowell only just purchased it. I just checked mine to confirm. OC still appears under 'default account' however the value is £0, then the Debt Purchaser shows also under default account with the amount 'bought'

you should know by now whenever a debt is sold on you always CCA.

and they