Secure Trust Bank Loan Sold to Alpha Credit Solutions (Coast) - 2yrs of 6 but no default, correct?

scene.parade
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1187 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, 

I have just checked my Equifax credit file and found that I was six months behind payments back in November 2018.

However, whilst the creditor informed the Credit Referent Agency in November 2018 that I am six months late, they have been recording it every month since then as six months late.

My account with Alpha Credit Solutions, as of this month, is STILL six months late AFTER OVER TWO YEARS.

This means they are prolonging my default and therefore the length of time they can effect my credit file

- i.e. my account in four years time will still not be removed from the account, although it should be removed by then, 

Can anyone advise me? 

Thanks 

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Thats because the creditor has placed an AP ( arrangement to pay marker) rather than a default marker...

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

the calendar markers are an incremental count upon how many times your have been late with a required payment to date.

it can increment to a max of 6 or a 6 immediately from the registered defaulted date which is?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I haven't made any payments since 2018, so I don't know why they have entered me into an AP

@Dx100Uk - They have made about 26 Six months late payments markers on my file, from November up to Last month, and every month- totalling 26

there are no AP markers though ?

the repeated 6 is not harming you.

the ac will still be removed on the defaulted dates 6th b'day.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ACS are a DCA who are their actual clients stated on their letters?

who is the owner stated on your credit file?

you've posted in the creation finance forum is it them?

and they

so this debt was originally a pre paid bank account that went into OD or something?

its been sold on to foreign debt buyer , Coast, Alpha are part of the same group as well as Prime Credit.

as this has been sold on, the original creditor, STB looks like they've sold this on without defaulting or issuing recall notice or calling notice whatever it is. and Coast, as quite frankly as in many threads here already obviously haven't a clue about how the UK system works and have just left the marker STB put running.

its not really harming you

and it doesn't run the SB date nor the removal date to infinity

the debt will still be SB'd 6yrs from your last payment date/use which was?

and they

who with STB?

dx

and they

good we got there...

STB should have registered a default that gives a defaulted date in the status line on your credit file on or before the sale to the Debt Buyer.

the fact that they haven't or appear not to have is in a way good for you.

Potentially no-one can take you to court and be successful (get a CCJ} without proof of a default notice bring issued by the OC.

the fact that you have a bucket load of 6's makes little difference to the SB date in that case nor harms you score anymore going forward.

and they

So in  a way, it isn't as bad as actually having a default?

Because if, as you say, it won't affect my score anymore as its already six months late, but also a default would be worse in the sense other lenders wouldn't look kindly to it, and it won't knock as much points off my credit file.

the only downside of not having a default registered and showing in the overall status of the debt is it's not 100% guaranteed it will (as it should) vanish on its SB date, you might have to chase that.

but in your position, you've not moved, the bucket of 6's and on going 6 if you look hasn't made your score progressively decrease each month  either as it shouldn't.

just remember other creditors potential or existing cant see the calendar section of any debt unless they own it. they can only the status line of each 'account'.

HTH 

dx

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to Secure Trust Bank Loan Sold to Alpha Credit Solutions (Coast) - 2yrs of 6 but no default, correct?