• Tweets

• yes sorry i was confused that you had managed to get anything out of the administrators. we've not seen that and was surprised by it read that way.   your credit file is clear Conexus Recovery and Field Services Ltd - can be totally ignored. DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type and they are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..
    • An online news and information service for the UK’s commercial and consumer credit industry. View the full article
    • They are very nonsensical aren’t they? As far as I can tell they have no proof of ownership of debt whatsoever - it feels like they’re just hoping I cave in 🙈   I’ll get onto the CRA’s now - thank you 😊 
    • Thanks ...okay well as you are already aware you will get more sense out of your bin than talking to Arrow...so I would now escalate it by informing the Credit Reference agencies and submit a Notice of Correction ( each CRA has its own instruction's on how  to submit) and they will contact Arrow asking for details of the debt....if that fails you can contact the ICO (information Commissioner's Office) and raise a complaint re false data reporting.     See how you get on.
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

fonehouse/ktm/Dcbl - just got a threat-o-gram - 1st i've heard of this debt

Hi, I have just received a letter from dcbl saying they were recovering a debt from ktm online.

I had not heard off them

on researching I found that its a company name for fonehouse.

I got a new phone last year and fell behind because of covid.

The original company have never contacted me concerning a debt this is the first I have heard of it.

Now I know they are not acting as bailiffs but I want to know the best way to deal with this as I don't want court action or hassle from them.

What is their process how many letters.

do they send before court action.

And.i can.not allow them to visit as it would cause me hassle with my landlord.

• dx100uk changed the title to fonehouse/ktm/Dcbl - just got a threat-o-gram - 1st i've heard of this debt

have you moved since getting this phone?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you deal with fonehouse directly only

stuff and all a powerless DCA can do to you.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you don't need to keep a powerless dca 'at bay'

stuff and all they can do.

dx

and they

Thanks. I'm usually very level headed with things like this. I guess it's the company that un nerved me. Guess im feeling more fragile with everything going on in the world.