Backdoor Erudio CCJ - old Student Loans - Already SB'd - ***Claim Discontinued***

Badgergirl25
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 798 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

that looks excellent to me

dx

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You must attach a copy of the letter which they state the debt is exempt from the limitation's act and mark the statement with its exhibit number.

You can in your concluding paragraph request costs in making this application...respectfully request.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

My last post seems to have disappeared Statement edited.pdf.

@Andyorch, I've added  the email (exhibit 3)  and noted this in paragraph 10. I was going to ask verbally, if successful, for the court to make an order for the other side to pay the application fees. Is this ok?

I think this is good to go now. Please could it have a last check before emailing tomorrow evening when I get home from work? (I presume this is ok as unable to email in the daytime) Do I cc Drydens in? Also, how do I sign?

Thanks

You can request verbally also...but its normal to be in your statement and its evidenced that way that you requested  it. 

Just add it at point 15 

15. The defendant respectfully requests costs/fee in making this application.

• Like 2

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Sign the courts copy...print is okay for the claimants.

Do two separate emails..>Court signed copy.

Drydens ..> printed copy.

• Like 1

god drydens choose some twaddle when it suits them...

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Almost zero its for them to prove the debt is not s b'd not for you to prove it is

and they

Update: I was successful on the set aside but with costs reserved for the trial judge. Really annoyed with that part as I was going to donate it to you lot. The judge said the timing was ok and the N244 was promptly made considering the waiting for information from Drydens. The fact that I had contacted SLC, even though I had no proof was counted as a defence. 

Statute-barred was not mentioned, just a bit about the limitation constraints and he agreed with the 2016 cause of action date, but also that it wouldn't have happened had actually received  the notifications from them and that I have never earned enough. Drydens went on a bit of a tangent and pointed out that I had not sent anything in to prove that I didn't earn enough. I didn't really understand what he was saying so apologies for that but it sounded a bit of a worry as the judge seemed to think that the late date of cause of action was ok.

He didn't seem to know much about the old student loans either and seemed annoyed that neither party had a proper copy of the original agreement. 

He has asked me to get legal advice and draft my defence within 28 days and send over, stating why the debt is not recoverable and due. He extended that to 6 weeks due to the surgery I'm having on Friday and said it has to be in by 27/010/21 at 4pm. Something about a small claims final hearing. He also said something about allocation questionnaires. Any idea what they are? Also, Is that date a court hearing date and should I be expecting something in the post?

What happens next? Should I be getting a solicitor? Do you know how I should draft a defence? Does this mean the debt is not statute barred or is this just the preliminary to get the set-aside before the real hearing? I feel really confused.

The fact you were or were not within or outside the payment threshold is immaterial to it being sb'd.

Dryden just trying to exploit a judge that confessed to not knowing how the slc loans like any other loan..work.

sb is nothing to do with cca1974. Its from the statute of limitations act

and they

no its the directions questionnaire.

dx

• Like 1

and they

Hi,

Sorry for being a pain but I'm not sure what I am supposed to be doing next. I presume it to draft a defence as the judge says. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Have you any good examples on here of a defence? I have looked at a few but they seem to be very much the same as my statement for the set-aside

Thanks.

You have 6 weeks to draft a defence and file and serve so plenty of time.(27/010/21 at 4pm) If it replicates your statement to set a side so be it but you can add a few more details to pad it out. You will be expected to submit a further witness statement later in the process so hold back the finer details.

Complete the DQ I have posted above and file that anytime now. Once that has been submitted the court will send you a Notice of Allocation this will contain further directions and the hearing date and what you must do next to prepare for the hearing.

With regards to costs ...your request for costs in the application has been reserved...costs in the case have been reserved that's normal because only the successful party will be able to recover costs and that's not know until the hearing has concluded and judgment determined.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm slowly recovering from the surgery here but I've had a major setback. I will try to complete the N180 next week.

I need your advice in the meantime as I received the attached the General Form of Judgement today in the post. No mention of statute barred, only about the change of address to defend. I'm really scared with all this and it is screwing with my mental health now. 

general form of judgment or order edited.pdf

That's in your favour, it being sb'd will kill the claim cant see the fleecers being able to wriggle out of it nor bother too.

Certainly zero to be scared of!!  Your position is very strong.

Dx

• Like 1

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have completed the N180. Please could you check? I wasn't sure what the 'In the' and 'Claim No' was - any pointers I would be grateful for.

I also received a letter in the post from Drydens asking me to drop the set-aside and make payments with an expenditure form attached as they think it will go in their favour. Please see attached.

n180 edited.pdf drydens letter October.pdf

original ccj number 

your local county court  i think

as for drydens a begging letter!

it was already statute barred almost a guaranteed win for you coming

and they