Harassed by Firstport debt company PDC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1188 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

This is the first year I had to ask Firstport could I pay by instalments due to company/job closures.

They agreed on the phone I could pay instalments.

No record was sent or a payment plan put in place.

I simply paid on their website by credit card.

I paid different amounts and paid every month but I had a blip one month & couldn’t pay so carried on paying the months after.

A refund arrived in another month so I ‘used’ that as my instalment.

Suddenly 6 months into the year I received a letter from the debt co. PDC saying I owe extra money plus admin fees.

They did not know it had been agreed that I was paying instalments so I told them this.  

They then agreed it with FIRSTPORT.

I then pointed out I had paid up to date.

I received no notification from FIRSTPORT about anything being overdue until an email came a day later than the letter!

I’ve been battling with them since November and they just don’t listen.

I don’t want their sympathy as everyone has a nightmare year.

But I can’t pay them anymore than what I already have to.  

Is this all legal ? 

many thanks in advance for advice.

Marion. 

Send Firstport and SAR. Do it today.

Read our customer services guide and implement the advice there in future. With any company.

I expect my site team colleague @dx100uk will be along shortly to provide you with the help you need.

Finally, please can you avoid posting in a solid block of text. It's very difficult to read and very unhelpful.

Properly spaced and punctuated will encourage others to visit your thread and to give you the support that you need.

Thank you for your reply BankFodder and all advice. 

Will do the SAR, as mentioned and reading customer service guide. 

Thanks again. 

Thank you for your reply BankFodder and all advice. 

Will do the SAR, as mentioned and reading customer service guide. 

With reference to the SAR, is it worth emailing the letter today with the original letter sent by recorded post ? 

Thanks again. 

Yes, it's probably a good idea – but make sure that that the letter of confirmation refers to the emailed version and to the same date – so that you are inadvertently sending them a mixed message as to the date of the request.

• Thanks 1

who are fiestport some kind of property management company and the payments are for service charges?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I don't want to interfere with the way that my site team colleague is going to advise you – but in the event that there is some liability, I think it's possible to separate the old liability – up to the time of the returned payment from the more recent liability.

I don't think you've told us anything about the entire sum that they are claiming. I don't think you've told us anything about the sum which you originally paid and they returned to you.

In respect of the first part – the sum that they returned to you, if they are trying to recover that now, I think you could usefully look at the doctrine of estoppel.

• Thanks 1

i think andydd was our expert on these things.

i believe you have to carefully look at the tenancy agreement or whatever and see if it states admin fees are allowed.

some do some don't

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you both. 

I was not sure how much info to load at first.  Will therefore clarify better below

Full year service charge:£2205.82 (1/5/20-30/4/21)

I then paid various instalments, totalling to date : £1483.56

Two refunds were made from Firstport, for service charge credit adjustments of:

£273.91

Outstanding amount : £448.35

As mentioned in my first post,  I did miss August. I did not receive a payment plan, so have carried on paying regularly. I received no ‘default’ paperwork until 4 November when a letter arrived from Firstports debt agency. PDC with demands for payments and extra fees/fines. 

I have emailed PDC about 8 times since, together with lots of phone calls.  They have put my file on hold a number of times, to investigate further. Always coming back to me with incorrect information. They said I was emailed on 30th October, with a link to Firstport’s online portal saying I had missed a payment and to take a look at my account on-line. I have this email which was sent by Firstport on

5th November   A day after, the debt collectors had posted a letter. 

I have explained it all to PDC again, in yet another email that they are incorrect. No answer as usual. 

I have just located the fees being charged.

They are: 

4/11/20client admin fees £60

no dates available for these fees: PDC Instruction fee £240

PDC additional costs: £10