VCS/PFS ANPR PCN - Nicol Street, Kirkcaldy Scotland - Demand Before Court Action

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1154 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have read alot of cases surrounding private Parking Companies and the fact that in Scotland the owner is not responsible for the fine, the driver is so to just ignore. However I believe this changed at the end of 2019 in Scotland and now the owner can be held liable due to a change in the freedom of information act? 

Can someone advise? I have received the "Demand for payment before court action letter"  (Date of alleged offence October 2020)  

What us the likeness of this company pursuing this though a court? Surely this would cost way over the £160 and would be written off...

• Haribo79 changed the title to PRIVATE PARKING COMPANY Nicol Street, Kirkcaldy Scotland - Demand Before Court Action - Pollock Fairbridge Schiavone solicitors

It is not a fine

as for the supposed changes

to date we,ve seen no instances of if it does actually change your position, nor that it did change anything north of the border

there is still no such thing as trespass in Scotland..

it will be interesting to see what their letter of claim will be too as the pre action protocol doesn't apply either

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for your quick response!  If they do decide to take this to a small claims court, would there be a chance to pay before this happened (without accruing further charges?)  

It's my parents ticket and they don't do well with scaremongering. I reckon it will go away but I need to reassure them! 

i can't find a lost scottish court claim for a speculative invoice...

likewise i haven't seen any gauge of an increase in PPC's issuing court claims in scotland since the much trumpeted POFA changes in Scotland - if they even happened or changed anything

it pers concerns mea bit  more as you say you've read up....focussing on POFA..

that you still appear not to have understood the very 1st basic principle of PPC things ..they are not FINES.

if they did get sheriff officers to issue a claim, and again there is no data to indicate any increase at all in them doing so, bar a handful of cases you can count on one hand in the years before, there would be plenty of chances to fold .

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just so we can see what jurisdiction the PPC thinks they are going to claim under, who is the parking Company, as if English they usually mess up completely with invoices  for a breach of their terms in a car park they infest in Scotland.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Ah that explains it Simple Simon conflates English and Scottish Law at will, It would be very silly of Simon to sue in an English Court for a Scottish  car park  or use English process in Scotland.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• dx100uk changed the title to VCS/PFS ANPR PCN - Nicol Street, Kirkcaldy Scotland - Demand Before Court Action

very well known carpark here

Programmable Search Engine (google.com)

and they

Is this car park local to you?  If so, it would be good if you could go back and take photos of the signage.

The last time someone did so we discovered that Simple Simon had been so stupid as to put details of two different companies on the signs, which would make it impossible for the motorist to know which company they were entering into a contract with.

It would be useful to know if the signage is still pants.

PCN Charge  - NTK received on 26th January for, “illegal” parking on the  Nicol Street Car Park for 11 minutes on 19th January, (having done so on the understanding that the car parks had been made free due to the COVID-19).

I noticed a similar event and correspondence regarding the same car park in June last year and the advice given was to ignore the, “fine”. However I can’t find the correspondence again and wondered if the advice was followed and how it turned out? 

Nicol Street Car Park Again - Private Land Parking Enforcement - Consumer Action Group

I have just posted this on Bill Stewart's thread as both of you share a common PCN and crook [VCS}.

The bad news is that Scotland passed the Transport Bill in 2019 which included making the keeper responsible if certain things are in order.{ Thank you Nicola} The good news I think, is that all the signs are in the name of Excel, so still sit on your hands. 

So if you could get photos of the sign at the entrance to the car park plus other signs inside the car park and on the payment meter we will then know the involvement of Excel and VCS. They are both separate companies so only one of them will have the contract with the landowner.

as far as i know it has not been enacted yet.

since oct2019 there has been no flood of SPC scottish court claims at all looking at court rolls.

and they

I went by this https://www.legislation.gov.uk/asp/2019/17/enacted

Transport (Scotland) Act 2019

2019 asp 17

The Bill for this Act of the Scottish Parliament was passed by the Parliament on 10th October 2019 and received Royal Assent on 15th November 2019

I agree one would have expected a rash of claims. I haven't seen a copy of what the PCN should contain which could be the reason for the holdup but the Act is very similar to PoFA. AnyPCNs issued before 10th October will be ok.

i have made the relevant part a PDF

this is now in the stickies of this forum.

Scottish POFA Equiv enacted oct 2019 - Private Land Parking Enforcement - Consumer Action Group

• Like 1

and they

Can't apply it retrospectively then.

correct forget about it.

dx

and they

I am so sorry that I got that wrong.

I read that the Bill had been passed and enacted.

There was nothing about everything just about from Section 90 onwards still had not been approved.

Of course I should have seen the remarks above Section 90 in the Act when I read it.

There is does state that the provisions are still prospective but I had been more interested in reading the terms of the Act and totally missed the wording above.

I hope that it didn't upset you too much when you read my first post about it and thank to McNato for clarifying the situation for all of us.

• Like 2

Thanks for your help everyone.

I have asked my parents to take photos of the signs/ticket machine as I am not local.

So the amendment has been made to the act but it's not been passed yet it that correct?

Also this charge was issued on the 9 October but the Notice to keeper dated is 28 October (outwith 14 days) would this be a reason to write off?

No PoFA does not apply in Scotland so there is no necessity for them to issue an NTK within 14 days.

In England when their NTK is outside the 14 days it does not cancel the alleged debt.

What it does do is to prevent them holding the keeper responsible for the action of the driver.

Exactly the same as in Scotland at the moment.

So be careful not to admit who the driver was and the easiest way to do that is not to answer any of their threats and demands. 

• Like 2