• Tweets

• love the extra £1000 charge for confidentialy there BF   Also OP even if they don't offer OOC it doesn't mean your claim isn't good. I had 3 against EVRi that were heard over the last 3 weeks. They sent me emails asking me to discontinue as I wouldn't win. Went infront of a judge and won all 3.    Just remember the law is on your side. The judges will be aware of this.   Where you can its important to try to point out at the hearing the specific part of the contract they breached. I found this was very helpful and the Judge made reference to it when they gave their judgements and it seemed this was pretty important as once you have identified a specific breach the matter turns straight to liability. From there its a case of pointing out the unlawfullness of their insurance and then that should be it.
    • I know dx and thanks again for yours and others help. I was 99.999% certain last payment was over six years ago if not longer.  👍
    • Paragraph 23 – "standard industry practice" – put this in bold type. They are stupid to rely on this and we might as well carry on emphasising how stupid they are. I wonder why they could even have begun to think some kind of compelling argument – "the other boys do it so I do it as well…" Same with paragraph 26   Paragraph 45 – The Defendants have so far been unable to produce any judgements at any level which disagree with the three judgements…  …court, but I would respectfully request…   Just the few amendments above – and I think it's fine. I think you should stick to the format that you are using. This has been used lots of times and has even been applauded by judges for being meticulous and clear. You aren't a professional. Nobody is expecting professional standards and although it's important that you understand exactly what you are doing – you don't really want to come over to the judge that you have done this kind of thing before. As a litigant in person you get a certain licence/leeway from judges and that is helpful to you – especially if you are facing a professional advocate. The way this is laid out is far clearer than the mess that you will get from EVRi. Quite frankly they undermine their own credibility by trying to say that they should win simply because it is "standard industry practice". It wouldn't at all surprise me if EVRi make you a last moment offer of the entire value of your claim partly to avoid judgement and also partly to avoid the embarrassment of having this kind of rubbish exposed in court. If they do happen to do that, then you should make sure that they pay everything. If they suddenly make you an out-of-court offer and this means that they are worried that they are going to lose and so you must make sure that you get every penny – interest, costs – everything you claimed. Finally, if they do make you an out-of-court offer they will try to sign you up to a confidentiality agreement. The answer to that is absolutely – No. It's not part of the claim and if they want to settle then they settle the claim as it stands and don't try add anything on. If they want confidentiality then that will cost an extra £1000. If they don't like it then they can go do the other thing. Once you have made the amendments suggested above – it should be the final version. court,. I don't think we are going to make any more changes. Your next job good to make sure that you are completely familiar with it all. That you understand the arguments. Have you made a court familiarisation visit?
    • just type no need to keep hitting quote... as has already been said, they use their own criteria. if a person is not stated as linked to you on your file then no cant hurt you. not all creditors use every CRA provider, there are only 3 main credit file providers mind, the rest are just 3rd party data sharers. if you already have revolving credit on your file there is no need to apply for anything just 'because' you need to show you can handle money. if you have bank account(s) and a mortgage which you are servicing (paying) then nothing more can improve your score, despite what these 'scam' sites claiml  its all a CON!!  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Bank Park ANPR PCN Claimform - Blue Car Park 2 Merry Hill Brierley DY5 1QX - *** Claim Dismissed ***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1080 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All

I will outline the my case here but I emphasise that it has reached the hearing stage etc... and a date has been set

Unfortunately, I had asked the advice of a private company , which may be known to many, who deals with parking appeals, pay them £20 for them to disappear and thats why Ive reached this stage. They did write a template defense for me after so many emails but am unable to contact them so have to deal with this myself.

Case:

I had parked on a multicar park at a large shopping  ( i dont want to name it  as dont want to be identified)  almost 2 years ago.

The parking company (XXXXXk) , using ANRP sent me  the usual NTK asking for the fee of £90. I did not appeal at the time. I contacted the appealing company who apparently , just for £20 would be willing to assist me. They said if it does to court then they will need another fee which I agreed to.

Reason for alleged contravention- overstaying more than 4 hours ( they allege it was a few hours more) with an entry and exit time on the ANPR photos 

The case went to one of the debt recovery firms. who added another 50 to the 'alleged fine' .etc. 

The parking company did all the usual, and eventually I received a Claim form from the CCBC. This was acknowledged.

I replied with a 35 paragraph defense drafted by the ' appealing parking company' .

This was emailed to the court email address [email protected]

The parking company decided to proceed with small claims court ( 100 'fine', 50 damages, + court fees/interest/legal fees). 

Their legal team has now emailed me the bundle they have sent to the hearing court in  my city.

Within the bundle, is included a copy of the notice of allocation to small claims track ( hearing). The date of this was before Christmas. The notice gives a date and time of the hearing

I never received this by post. I have only found out because the bundle that the claimant has sent me has a copy of it.

In the notice of allocation it states that by 18th January defendant must send to the court and claimant copies of all documents he intends to rely on.

By 1st Feb, claimant and defendant must send to  the court and each other their witness statement that they will rely on in the final hearing .

Before going into the actual substance of the defense, I have some questions about this forms

1. I havent received a copy of the notice of allocation by the post. My post is redirected to a relative and they assure me they havent received it. I only found out today about it,  as part of the bundle that the claimant emailed me. This leaves me with really no realistic chance of responding by the deadline of 18th Jan. Any advice. Again I reiterate that because of covid and mail redirection, that is very likely to be the cause of my relative yet not receiving this document by post.

Furthermore , in the  defense that had been submitted previously, it was made clear that according to the CPR PD6, I give no consent to being served by electronic means yet the legal team of the claimant has emailed me the documents. 

2. I had already filed a defense  previously as drafted  by the appealing private company , so Im not sure whether i need to file another witness statement again, albeit this would be to the local court to which the hearing has been allocated to. Would the initial defense submitted at an earlier not be the same ? or do I now have a chance of writing a new one because the claimant has now filed their witness statement and all their evidence so I can be more specific in tis defense.

Before really divulging in the details can I please have some constructive comments/advice as to whether I need to submit a new defense , and whether the one summitted earlier to the Northampton courts would have now reached the local court where the hearing woill occur. Also, where do I stand with the deadline of next Monday which i wont meet given that I wasnt aware of this at all neither by electronic mail notification or redirected post.

Thankyou

Right ... you can't file a new defence, what is done is done.

I don't really understand the difference between the  18 January deadline and the 1 February one.  In any case there is still time to respect the 18 January deadline and as a LiP you will be given some leeway.

All this secrecy though is nonsense.  No-one can help you if you don't give any information.  Forget about all the "identifying" rubbish, these horrible companies have hundreds of cases going on and can't monitor each one.  "Someone is suing me about something I did somewhere" will get you nowhere.

It's highly likely we know the company and we know the car park and can immediately help you to fight back, but straight away please fill in 

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/393251-received-a-court-claim-from-a-private-parking-speculative-invoice-how-to-deal-with-it-hereupdated-aug-2016/

It's your own daft fault if mail regarding a legal dispute is arriving at an address which isn't yours. 

Please post up - redacted - the correspondence with the PPC including their WS (if that is what is was).

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thankyou FTM

What I had sent in was a DEFENCE whoch was prepared/drafted by one of the appealing companies.

Since the defence they have vanished. Their email is now returning ' undeliverable'

The bundle I received today from the PPC has everything in it, including the claim form, my DEFENCE and their WS.

I am happy to redact and post the whole bundle and then you have everything.

Am I able to post the whole bundle here redacted? 

the 18th January is deadline to send all documents to Claimant and court , that the DEFENDANT wish to rely upon in the final hearing . These must be in a bundle and DEFENDANT must bring the originals to the final hearing

The 1st February the C and D must send to the court and to each other copies of their own witness statements and those WSs they intend to reply upon in the final hearing. The WSs must comply......etc..

so I think the January one is for documents/bundles and the February one for the WS. 

What I filed previously was a DEFENCE which was a bit general in some points rather than specific to which the claimant WS has referred to

bundle and WS are the same thing.

all you need to do is do a witness statement 

you have an advantage here don't lose it 

you have their WS so can we can rip it apart.

do the link FTM says please

get their WS up totally

read our upload guide carefully inc use of PDF reducer /merge sites.

we dont need the cover sheet to each exhibit but everything else we need INC the name of the creator of their WS.

forget everything else you think you need to do or might have been wrong in process.

all you need to do is get a WS done and file it to the claimants sols and the court.

pref by 1st.

lastly did you send a CPR request?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thankyou dx

I have now redacted the claimants first WS

I have also redacted the bundle which contains the claim form and my defence

I will upload but just one last check please

The date of the alleged contravention and the times are all visible.

Also, on the photographic ANPR the times are also visible.

The various hearing dates are also visible except the exact time of the day.

Is that OK or do i need to remove some of this info?

Sorry I know CPR stand for civil procedure rules but the last thing i sent was the DQ to the court and the defence.

I will admit one thing but please please please, its not time to start blaming me, but it was covid peak I had my sister unwell, and initially did try mediation. That was part of it. the other reason was that the private parking appeals company who had written my defence and had a letter of authority just vanished and were uncontactable. s

when I received the DQ, I was panicking and worried about covid and sister that I decided without admission of any guilt or that i owe them anything to go for mediation. However, that was unsuccessful.

Please Please its not time to start blaming me because I am a lay person and not familiar. However, I do ant to get this in time.

Finally, I will visit the site tomorrow and see if I can get any photographic evidence of the signages.

I have got a copy of the leasehold of the land from the registry.

I have also emailed Dudley council to see when the PPC applied for permission for  putting up the signs as well as permission for the ANRP. I sent it today so wont be ready for 18th January. 

Not sure if we can get a bit extra time though because none of the two documents that I will be uploading  have reached me by post. they have been emailed to me by their legal team 

Thankyou for all your comments.

Please would you give us the name of the appeals company which you went with.

I'm curious but also there may be others who have been let down by them and I think that it would be helpful to know.

Thanks

I see also that you have been asked to post up certain information/documents and you haven't done so yet

please put their WS up leave all times/dates etc... can't hurt you

but simply omit your reg/any ref numbers etc.

the quicker you do that the quicker your WS gets done.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Goodmorning 

Im ready to post the PDF readcted but can I have just this clarified as mentined in erlier post

'' The date of the alleged contravention and the times are all visible.

Also, on the photographic ANPR the times are also visible.

The various hearing dates are also visible except the exact time of the day.

Is that OK or do i need to remove some of this info?''

Thanks

15 hours ago, dx100uk said:

please put their WS up leave all times/dates etc... can't hurt you

but simply omit your reg/any ref numbers etc.

the quicker you do that the quicker your WS gets done.

@dx100ukThanks for the reply 

I think you just beat me to it. Im posting now

Claim form and my defence which I sent to the curt in August

Claimant first witness statement 

Claimant first Witness Statement.pdf

Claim form and my defence (1).pdf

Thanks for posting everything up.  There is a lot to read through, but we have the whole weekend to do so, so you will get your Witness Statement to the court by the 18th.

From a first skim through, their signs seem to be pathetically small and they have invented extra charges, so that's already two sticks to beat them with.

As for Planning Permission, you may be able to do the search yourself, see if the local council has a portal where you can do so.

Look in our PPC Successes thread at the top of the page, start on the last page, and look for threads with "Discontinued" or "Dismissed" in the title.  These threads will have Witness Statements in them, you can use them already to start drafting your own.

Edited by FTMDave
Changed advice after rereading thread

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The firm I used to assist me with the initial defense was private parking appeals. Their site is no longer reachable. Perhaps they have stopped trading or closed the company. 

To be fair they did help me with my defence which I submitted but I dont know what happened. Maybe because of the pandemic they stopped trading

Thank you. Are these the ones?

https://www.google.com/search?q=private+parking+appeals&oq=private+parking+appeals&aqs=chrome.0.69i59l2j0i22i30i395j0i395l2j69i60l3.454j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#lrd=0x487421803a0d13c3:0xc2ecf15cba295e14,1,,,

PRIVATE PARKING APPEALS LIMITED

Company number SC492116

Registered office address  272 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 4JR
Company status Active
Company type Private limited Company
Incorporated on 26 November 2014

Accounts overdue

Next accounts made up to 31 December 2019 due by 31 December 2020

Last accounts made up to 31 December 2018

Confirmation statement

Next statement date 18 June 2021 due by 2 July 2021

Last statement dated 18 June 2020

WILKIE, John Paul James

Correspondence address The Incuhive Bulding, The Incuhive Bulding, 8 Church Street, Basingstoke, England, RG21 7QE

Role ACTIVE  Secretary
Appointed on 23 January 2016
 Correspondence address 272 Bath Street, Glasgow, Scotland, G2 4JR
Role ACTIVE Director
Date of birth May 1963
Appointed on 26 November 2014
Nationality British
Country of residence England
Occupation Company Director
Correspondence address 272 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 4JR
Role ACTIVE Director
Date of birth December 1971
Appointed on 23 January 2016
Nationality British
Country of residence United Kingdom
Occupation Company Director

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC492116

Thanks FTM

Did a search on dudley council site for the postcode of the shopping centre. Didnt find anything but Im not really sure if i did everything correctly. 

I called the council and spoke to someone who gave me an email address to write to. I have emailed Dudley council asking for permission planning for

1. signages

2. ANPR

Im not sure of which portal to search n but if you anyone has the link then I would be grateful for it

The shopping  Centre post code is DY5 1QX if anyone is interested. 

I will have a go at the portal now

Yes BankFodder

• Thanks 1

I've had a read through their tripe of a WS.  Ironic that they accuse you of being repetitive (pot, kettle, black) and of using cut & paste (several of their paragraphs are identical, word for word, to those in WSs we've seen in the last few days from the VCS & Excel companies).  A photo of a P&D machine in a completely different car park is in there for some reason too!

Their point 10 (exhibit 2) refers to "prominently displaying signs" yet the only photo of a sign as seen by a motorist shows it as small, with small print and way above head height.  Nowhere on any of their signs can you read about a charge for overstaying ... well unless you have access to an electron microscope and point it at the last lines after a huge wall of instructions.  You can also state you don't believe they have PP for these signs or for their cameras.

Their point 9 (exhibit 1) is a letter, not a contract, and is nearly two years old.

Then in the claim they have included both legal costs (fine) and £60 Unicorn Food Tax (not fine, that is an attempt to get round the small claims limit on costs).

Start to draft a WS using the indicators in post 10.  There's ample time today & tomorrow for other opinions and for the WS to be tweaked.  You can then e-mail it to the court late tomorrow evening and send it by snail mail to the fleecers on Monday.

I think signage will be your winning card.

Two things.  What really happened when you parked?  Was it  a case of double dipping, or did you simply not see their carp signage?  Plus, can you remember when their NTK arrived?  I see it was dangerously near arriving after the 14 days specified in the pOFA which would be further ammo.

Edited by FTMDave
Usual typo!

Thankyou FTM

Many more loopholes also

I was there probably longer than 4 hours but i wasnt in the blue car park all the time. The site has 13 car parks as per 

The "red" and "blue" car parks serve the upper and lower retail parks. Others serve M&S, Argos, Debenhams and the Odeon cinema.

A Merry Hill spokeswoman said: "Parking at Intu Merry Hill is completely free of charge for all shoppers. To ensure that there are enough spaces for our shoppers we have introduced a four-hour time restriction on just two of our thirteen car parks, at the upper and lower retail park.

"Shoppers who are visiting us for longer than four hours are free to park on any of our other car parks for as long as they wish."

So i was with my ex partner and we went round many shops and pared at various car parks some which were free

There are 8 signages and on one of them it does state the 4 hour rule but i have seen other loopholes

Re the authority, yes the letter is two years old but the alleged contravention happened only 2 months after the letter. Agree not a contract but a letter but it being out of date may be irrelevant because the contravention was in June 2019 and the leter was in April 2019.

I just am not sure whether, them having been granted the ' permission' whether in two months form that permission from the management company, they would have had enought time to get planning permission from the council.

Im looking at the PPC thread and successes. Must say I am after a good template WS but am reading through loads of posts . is there any paricular ones with with a good WS. 

Finally, I think as in my attachments, the deadline is 1st of february for submitting my WS.

18Jan is for any documents that i wish to use as evidence, but the 1st of feb is the deadline for my WS

Lets say i get my WS sent to the court and claimant by the 18th deadline, wont that give them enough opportunity to get rid of many of their loopholes and come up with a more consistent and better second WS?

It will be decided on ws's no second chances for them

Simply rip theirs apart in yours

and they

Thax dx100uk

Can I just confirm one thing 

on the notice of allocation to SC court ( hearing), which i have uploaded also in the original uploads, it states

By the 18th jan 2021, the Claimant must send to the court and the defendant copies of all documents he intends to rely on upon the final hearing. These must be in a bundle.....

By the 18th jan, the defendant must send to the court and the claimant copies of all documents he intends to rely on upon the final hearing. these must be in a bundle...etc

By the 1st February 2021, the CLAIMANT and DEFENDANT  must send to the court and to each other , copies of their own witness statements and those witness statements of all the witnesses they intend to rely upon at the final hearing. The Witness statement must comply ....

1. can someone please explain to me these 2 different deadlines. My understanding is that the 18th January would be suitable for things like copies of a lease or any evidence and the 1st of February if for the witness statements. As I am only submitting a WS, have I not got until the 1st Feb deadline .

2. I specifically ask if they get a second chance because if we read through their first WS, under all the exhibits, it clearly says 1st WS. To me that implies that once i have submitted my WS, they may have an opportunity to respond before the 1st of Feb with a second WS ( otherwise, why would they mention in their exhibits, 1st WS-- I infer that there may be a second WS, if they choose to submit one...).

I am sorry to ask so much but I dont ant to send in a rushed one if i have till the 1st of Feb. Also, if the first of Feb is the deadline, I will leave it a few days only before i send t to the claimant just incase they have an opportunity to send in a second WS.

Get your ws done and sent by 1st or close too

Post it up here 1st

and they

Cant see any proof contract currently paid  or signed?

and they

Sorry Dx not sure I understand  what you mean but are  you referring to exhibit one which is just a letter from the management company to the PPC? Contract between the PPC and the landwoner you mean??

The contravention was June 22019. If they had summitted a proper contract between PPC and landowner dated April 2019, then would that not be acceptable because it would have been formed 2 months before the contravention and would have been at the time deemed upto date ? 

its not signed? and no proof of payment?

to me its just a blank template ?

just musing.

and they

3 hours ago, Andy711351 said:
So i was with my ex partner and we went round many shops and pared at various car parks some which were free

Right, so it's a case of double dipping then.

Do you have proof of purchase of anything you bought when you moved the car to go to the areas with unlimited parking?

• dx100uk changed the title to Bank Park ANPR PCN Claimform - Blue Car Park Merry Hill Brierley DY5 1QX

did you get a letter of claim and reply pack about 1 month before the issuance of the claimform.?

and they