• Tweets

• total charges is approx £96 out of £1680   but actual amount they are claiing is £2k    
    • Part of the Hermes' business model – they sell you a delivery service then botch it and then try to deny responsibility. They sell you an insurance – and then try to renege on it but keeping the money – they then make you work for nearly 5 months to get your money – and then in the end they pay you out but they try to keep back the money you spent trying to get your money back – which is really just enforcing their so-called insurance policy. This is dishonest. It is very clearly cheating their customers. I don't believe that the senior executives don't know about it. But hey, what do they care?
    • Excellent. Well done. I'm pleased for you. Yes they always try to claw back something – to satisfy their sense of pride. The money should get to you pretty quickly – they obviously don't use Hermes to deliver it.   Thanks in advance for any donation – but wait until you get the cash before you start chucking it around!
    • Well done and thank you for coming back to update us.   Thank you also for the donation, much appreciated.   HB
    • Delighted to report back that I have won my money back.    Minus the £25 claims fee but I did try (I pointed out that this amount is negligible to a huge company but a lot to me).    The whole mediation process was completed within 30 minutes, with a bit of back and forward between mediator, Hermes and myself.    The mediator was excellent and didn't put any pressure on me.    I am really pleased, it's been a long slog and very stressful, but I'm glad I persevered.    Thank you so much to everyone here for their help in getting through this! I'll be making a donation as your support is much appreciated, particularly @BankFoddermany thanks 
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

A shade Greener boilers refuse to mend boiler

I have had an ASG (A Shade Greener) boiler fitted for the last ten years .

Recently the boiler started leaking.

before I called their engineer ~I had the system power flushed as had been requested by ASG.

The engineer stayed for about 10 minutes and stated that the flush had damaged the boiler.

However both the flush engineer and an independent Gas engineer that I consulted have stated that the flush could not have the damage.

ASG refuse to engage  with me.

Because I have three vulnerable adults in the property and no heat or hot water  i have to borrow money to get the boiler replaced.

Do I have any recourse?

ASG are a terrible company regardless, but no i don't think you have any recourse toward them no unless yo can prove fault with the boiler  which is now 10yrs ols and well outside any guarantee i expect, even with the manufacturer?

has the boiler been regularly serviced etc etc, looks like your contacted ASG after it started leaking and they advised a power flush for a leak?

then  an eng said that was what has caused it?

can you clarify your story please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The boiler had started losing pressure.

I was getting concerned about it.

ASG sent me a letter saying that to keep the warranty valid I needed to power flush. 

On the morning of the power flush the boiler failed completely and I turned it off. 

The flush technician decided not to flush through the boiler as he was unable to get it to work and reported it as leaking. 

I then got ASG to come out the next day.

ASG refused to mend the boiler stating that the power flush had damaged it. 

I have spoken to the flush technician who has explained he did not flush hot.

He has done power flushes for many years and has never seen the damage alleged caused by a power flush. 

An independent gas safe engineer has also stated that the damage could not be caused by a power flush. 

The boiler was maintained annually by ASG according to the contract.

It includes a fifteen year maintenance contract. 

I was going to sar them and try going either via the FSA or possibly court. 

right that makes more sense now.

but lets be clear here...there is an existing warranty?....

and you are not confusing this with a 'service contract' , which they signed you up to, ?

it appears ASG are doing their usual crap then by claiming the failing boiler , of which they were aware of an issue by letter, was caused by a power flush.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The boiler had started losing pressure.

I was getting concerned about it.

ASG sent me  a letter saying that to keep the warranty valid I needed to power flush. 

On the morning of the power flush the boiler failed completely and I turned it off. 

The flush technician decided not to flush through the boiler as he was unable to get it to work and reported it as leaking. 

I then got ASG to come out the next day. ASG refused to 

I had the power flush done before calling ASG.i

The technician doing the power flush could not get the boiler to fire up. He took the front off the boiler and noticed that there was water in the boiler and a leak. This was included on his report.

Despite this they are claiming the damage was caused by the flush

. I have forwarded the letter to the technician and he has agreed to make a formal report.