Ee boku gambling and massive phonebills lead to default

h0tsh0t87
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1193 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya 

I don't know.if this is something this forum can help me with.

I had a account with ee and for 2 years everything was great.  Then I got a hard period in my life and got addicted to gambling which I funded by topping up through my.phone credit through a feature called boku. 

My phone bill went from £40 a month to £700-1000 .

Every month my phone would be disconnected I would phone them.to reconnect a extra few days pay my bill . And then use the phones to deposit another £700-£1000 .

This happened for nearly a year . Finally one of their agents realised there was a issue and blocked any 3rd party payments . 

But due to this I wasn't able to pay my bill and I.was disconnected and contract terminated and a default if £2300 added to my.credit file

I contacted them.at the time to.say I think that was unfair.and they should have spotted there was a issue especially as my phone bill went from £440 a year to around £10k for a single phone line . But they refused to take any responsibility and said it's not up to them to.look for problem gamblers 

I'm looking to.get the default removed any advice 

Sorry but i believe they are quite correct sadly.

you might have a route through the responsible gambling criteria on boku though that they must abide by

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...