Erudio/Drydens SLC Loan CCJ - Advice Please - Set a Side claim proceeding.

owk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 640 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All, 

I was hoping you may be able to assist with the dreaded Erudio. 

* November 2020 - a letter out of the blue from Dryden Fairfax - advising there is a warrant of control order to my address for a CCJ issued to my old address in July 2019. 

Nothing on my credit file during this period - and we have been living at this property since August 2018.  All of my addresses are on my credit files. 

* Contacted DF, the Courts and Erudio.  I had recently applied to SLC for a masters loan which was approved in August 2020. 

* Contacted SLC following the letter advising warrant of control - Nothing on their file last deferment 2011. Contacted Erudio - the operative said they had nothing on their system for me. 

* I am trying to collate the details but remembering paying a DCA - a largish amount at my old property to pay off the loans in total. I believe around 2015/2016. 

The amount DF/ Erudio are nowchasing is around £2600 total. 

* I never received a notice of assignment as it was sent to a previous address, I had been making payments to Student Loan Company - I never agreed to any dd or signed anything with Erudio. 

I had my first baby in Dec 2012 - so was out of touch that SLC had sold to Erudio. Erudio  paperwork looked so unprofessional I actually though that they were a scam company!!  My surname spelt incorrectly, random numbers I had never seen before on the paperwork. 

*  I have now applied to the courts and paid £255 for an application to set aside, on the basis that throughout the whole period my email address has remained the same and I had already moved 2 years previous to the CCJ being issued. I thought I had paid a deal to close the debt I had not remained in contact with SLC, Erudio or anyone else on this matter. 

I have results of the DSAR from Drydens Fairfax, Erudio, Student Loans Company, I have yet to request Honours Student Loans. I had 4 loans in total starting in 1998. 

If the money is genuinely still owed I am happy to come to a settlement with Erudio as I do not want a CCJ on my record.

I sent many requests to DF within the 2 week period before I applied to the courts for an N244 - I was hoping they would agree to set aside by mutual consent, but there was radio silence from them until they were notified I assume by the court for the N244 hearing. 

Do you have any advice for me? Much appreciated...

are you in scotland?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ok you'd posted in the scottish forum but i've moved it now.

your story is very confusing if you blindly paid a powerless DCA everything off in 2015/16 and you were already paying SLC.

you say you have SLC SAR so can you please get your story in order.

On 14/01/2021 at 16:04, owk said:

November 2020 - a letter out of the blue from Dryden Fairfax - advising there is a warrant of control order to my address for a CCJ issued to my old address in July 2019. 

if this bit is true then unless you deferred to erudio or you paid someone something regarding this loan, it was already statute barred as with 99% of erudio slc ccj's

have you the particulars of claim?

dx 

On 14/01/2021 at 16:04, owk said:

I have yet to request Honours Student Loans. I had 4 loans in total starting in 1998. 

erudio didn't buy HSL loans so can't be anything to do with them.

if i correctly read between the lines, i bet you paid Link (Thesis) for whichever was an HSL loan as they bought those a few years before the erudio deal and Link scammed 10'000 of people out of money they never owed 

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

Really sorry if my first post did not make sense! 

I was in the middle of uploading school work - aggh! 

Yes you are correct 

I paid a company it could be Link, I'm trying to locate the payment and info.

-I thought SLC had changed to HSL - and I was clearing the balance. 

I will upload the SLC DSAR and Particulars of the claim now. 

Thank you for your interest. 

judgement for claimant july 8 2019.pdf

Edited by dx100uk
PDF Sorted unhidden

Upload unapproved.....please fully redact any identifiable data before uploading documents....including claim numbers etc etc.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Apologies, I wasn't sure if you needed some of the info.  I will remove all. 

I have the DSAR from Student Loan Company - this has a text message code to access. 

How shall I forward this to you - as there are many pages....? 

Many thanks 

Is not a pdf?

that is not the claimform but the judgement 

you have the CCJ number

go ring northants bulk and ask for a copy of the claimform by email PDF

they most probably wont have so you will need to RECORD your call

and ask them to read out the address on it and the Particulars of claim exactly as written.

as for the SLC SAR ...is this in PDF format?

and they

Good morning, 

After paying the £10 this was all  Northants Bulk  sent to me.

I asked for the particulars of the claim but they said that'll all they had??  I will call them again this morning. 

Do you have a private email address please I can send the SLC SAR to as I have a text message passcode to open it? 

Many thanks 

why cant you redact and put the sar up here saves me doing it

read our upload guide cardfully

and they

So what?

if theyve scammed you lets nail 'em

• Like 1

and they

Hi, 

I've had some issues uploading and redacting this - due to file types etc.. I've blanked out the first 10 pages. 

There is a contents list - so let me know which areas you need to look at. 

Many thanks 

Edited by owk
IWhen I opened it on your site - the redacting was not there - will try again.

any useful data...we need to prove you didn't defer past 2013 nor paid anything in the period of 6yrs before the claimform date issuance.

so you can file your claim of sb'd.

certainly not obv a contents list 

redact as JPG files then convert the lot to one multipage pdf

our upload guide is useful too follow as are using the various online websites it points too like pdfruducer and pdfmerger.

On 15/01/2021 at 22:20, dx100uk said:

that is not the claimform but the judgement 

you have the CCJ number

go ring northants bulk and ask for a copy of the claimform by email PDF

they most probably wont have so you will need to RECORD your call

and ask them to read out the address on it and the Particulars of claim exactly as written.

did you do this today?

dx

and they

Hello, 

Sorry for the late response I've been having major technical issues - spent yesterday trying to redact - and will read your guide again!! 

1. the claimant claims £2,571.92 for monies due from the defendant.

2. this debt was pursuant to a regulated agreement(s) between the defendant and the student loans company limited. each agreement had an individual account number as follows:

3. the defendant failed to make payments as per the terms resulting in the agreement(s) being terminated. notice of such is served by a default or termination notice subject to the terms of the agreement(s).

4. the debt was assigned to the claimant on 22/11/2013, with a notice provided to the defendant. a new master reference number *********************was also applied upon assignment.

5. the claimant has complied with the pre-action protocol for debt claims.

So from that poc you have the slc loan numbers

And from earlier you stated slc told you no deferment since 2011 so the debt was easily statute barred by the time of the claimform

What did you put on your n244 please?

and when have you got to make the next move on the set aside?

and they

don't think you need to put any of that bar the 1st preamble

you simply state that the last deferment thus contact by me upon these loans rolled into one claim by Erudio was 2011 directly to SLC.

as a period of 6yrs had already expired by the time of the issuance of the claim form, the debts were already statute barred.

there is no need for you to explain why you didn't getthe claimform

you also need to add you want the claimant to pay you N244 fee and expenses,

since discoveringt his info now in B/W have you rung Drydens and asked if they will set aside and refund your fee without the need to continue?

and they

I'm not sure that the person I spoke to at SLC was correct regarding the last deferment being 2011. I can see further payments.

I think I can see payments following on from that - I continued to pay what I thought was SLC company until 2015.

This I now think was Honours SLC, not SLC or Erudio.  Now I understand my 1st 1998 loan was transferred to Honours yet the other three were with SLC. 

I know 100% I negotiated a deal with a DCA  to clear loan outstanding.  

I've been searching old documents today, contacted Honours Student Loans to find proof of the payment to close the loan. 

Someone from Link Financial called me back straightaway,  - so I'm now really worried I've opened a whole new can of worms.

They were really pushy for my info... I did not give them anything although now worryingly they have my number. Can they even try and go back on this...? 

The only payment I can see to ever to Erudio was end of March 2014, under ESL limited.. which was taken without my knowledge using SLC  DD details. 

I remember thinking it was a scam - so contacted my bank but I had noticed it after the payment had gone out.

I think by the time I had seen it the Bank  couldn't reverse it but all further payments were stopped, and I remember the bank even being really confused and saying it should not have happened. 

I must have made contact with Erudio at this point - but there is nothing on their account files. There are notes - saying "surpress DAF request." 

Erudio ( accoording to their own SAR)   sent a  Notice of Assignment had been sent the previous Autumn to my old address, which I never saw or received. 

I'm looking at my address history and I was really conscientious with informing SLC - there is even a note 2 days after we moved house in 2013 and also when I changed my name to get married.

I'm adamant the Notice of Assignment was either not sent or sent to an old property, I also can't see why I would have made contact with SLC a few days after we bought a new house in 2013 - if it was not to inform them I had moved? 

woe slow going down you are going down the wrong worm hole....

the HSL/Link/Thesis details or payments/info are nothing whatsoever to do or have any baring toward other slc loans. forget them.

when was the last time you deferred or paid on the loans listed in the POC to SLC ...

thats the only thing you need to prove.

and they

One only..none before or after and in whose sar return?

and they

Omg - you are working late... no there are payments  before then in 2013. 

The payment is  on SLC SAR - then it says 1/03/2014  DD cancelled by SLC - I'm cross referencing it with my bank statements. 

Erudio SAR says no payments apart from the one they took out end March 14 - without my knowledge. On bank it says new dd set up. 

On Erudio  SAR  there is a spreadsheet which also says a payment in April 14 -but this was upaid by my bank I still have the letters - so this is false. 

It all makes sense I was on Mat leave 2013 - and if Erudio took over around Autumn 2013 - no wonder my DAF wasn't processed/ lost.... New address not on system for Notice of Assignment.

I'm going to check my earnings for those years on my tax account. 

A reversed payment does not count

and they