i've been stung with a car with a log book loan on it

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5296 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...

can anybody help

ive got my car in hiding lbl want 3k to clear it and

i bought it 3months ago the seller has now vanished!

ive got a copy of the bos which i can upload can anyone help?

it was registered 8days after signing too

can anybody help ive got my car in hiding lbl want 3k to clear it and i bought it 3months ago the seller has now vanished! ive got a copy of the bos which i can upload can anyone help? it was registered 8days after signing too

Hi Q Plate

I agree with Nicky - it must be registered within 7 days...

Can you just confirm, are you the person who took the LBL or are you the person that bought a car that you have now found out has a LBL agreement in place? ie - is the loan with the person who sold you a car or is it your loan?

(sorry for my confusion... it's been a long day)

: )

[COLOR="red"][B][CENTER]"Errors do not cease to be errors simply because they’re ratified into law.” [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR][B][CENTER] E.A. Bucchianeri[/CENTER][/B]

Hi QPlate

Apologies for the delay in coming back to you.

These are my logical thoughts based on what I have summised from your post.....

I think that if you get a good solicitor, you should be able to get a good result.

The fact the lender can show a Bill of Sale for the vehicle is irrelevant - it only has relevance to the person who's name is on it - if that is not you - then I dont see how they can make you liable in any way for someone else's debt.

e.g: if I saw your car parked outside your house, liked the look of it - took the make, model, reg No; put a BoS together, swore under oath with a solicitor and then paid my fee at the High Court of Justice, I would have an interest in your car too - and I could come to you - with my 'heavies' in tow and insist you pay me £3K, or I'm taking the car......Would you pay me? I think NOT.... (by the way - this is not something I advocate anyone doing as it woud be against the law I'm sure and the BoS acts as amended and regulated go a long way to catch out anyone who may have tried to do this)

Essentially what I am saying is: - so what if they know the make and model of your car - your name and address do not relate to the document - so how can they trully, honestly make you liable for an outstanding debt owed by the previous owner.

They cannot take the car legitimately - because it has been sold fair and square.

So what to do?.......

You have to keep your car safe (because it's reported that this company have a bad habit of taking cars without following true legal process) and send them a notice that you intend to take the matter to court allowing 14 days.

Once the 14 days are up - see a solicitor with a view to a claim against them under Article 8 of the Human rights Law (they have sought to take a vehice that you paid for and are entitled to peaceful possession of it) -(do check this first please via google) as a minimum......

You will need to show evidence of the purchase and evidence (birth cert) that you are not the person they are looking for....

I think that this will be the cheapest and quickest way to get the ball rolling to get them off your back and quash the matter.

General claim form N244 - cost £30 at county court - more if you seek a monetary claim as well (but your solicitor should advise on making the claim relevant to Article 8 and any additional costs that may apply)

I would say though - I have not seen a law yet that allows them to do what they are doing or how they can bring a case against you for having bought a car legitmately....... but if anyone else has - please let me know : )

apple

[COLOR="red"][B][CENTER]"Errors do not cease to be errors simply because they’re ratified into law.” [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR][B][CENTER] E.A. Bucchianeri[/CENTER][/B]

Hi Applecart thanks for the great information the car is out of the way safe!

I spoke to Lbl who advised me that their recovery department is now looking to repossess my car and that i should just surrender the car to them!! (Yes im sure!)

I shall fight this all the way what gets me is why is this company allowed to prey on people?

Surely this is highly illegal??:confused:

also do i start a new thread/upload my bos?? id like it to be checked for errors???