• Tweets

• They are very nonsensical aren’t they? As far as I can tell they have no proof of ownership of debt whatsoever - it feels like they’re just hoping I cave in 🙈   I’ll get onto the CRA’s now - thank you 😊 
    • Thanks ...okay well as you are already aware you will get more sense out of your bin than talking to Arrow...so I would now escalate it by informing the Credit Reference agencies and submit a Notice of Correction ( each CRA has its own instruction's on how  to submit) and they will contact Arrow asking for details of the debt....if that fails you can contact the ICO (information Commissioner's Office) and raise a complaint re false data reporting.     See how you get on.
    • I have a sense that you haven't been reading around because if you had been you would have seen lots of draft particulars particulars of claim and lots of explanation about what is necessary. Are you familiar with all the arguments? Are you familiar with all the steps needed to take a small claim in the County Court? Maybe you should hold back for a day or two while you do some serious reading on this forum. We've got all the information here. We got the benefit of the experience of lots of people doing exactly what you are trying to do. If you stop for a moment and do the reading around you will feel very confident and empowered   I'm afraid this also confirms my view that you simply haven't done any reading at all of the sub- forum. This point comes up again and again with Hermes and there is a very simple answer to it which I have repeated in other people's threads so often that I don't think I'm going to go into it again here. Please spend the next day reading and you will soon find the answers to your questions. Once again, it will make you more confident and more empowered
    • Just to clarify, am I on solid ground stating the defendant lost the parcel, when parcel2go are the broker for myhermes and it's parcel2go who I'm challenging?   Thanks. 
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

Samsung tv purple patch AO.com

Hi I have a Samsung 65inch 4K tv that is just 4 years old with 4 purple patches on the screen.

a quick google search tells me it’s a very common fault with Samsung.

I bought it from AO.com and I’ve downloaded a template letter which I’ve sent to them as it is less than 6 years old

their reply was for me to get an independent engineers report and if it’s an inherent fault they will either contribute to the fix or a depreciated refund

heres the problem...

due to COVID me and hubby are shielding so can’t have engineers/repair men in,

do I have a limited time to get the report (lockdown is lasting till at least March)

thanks

• BankFodder changed the title to Samsung tv purple patch AO.com

The first thing to say is that you are dealing with AO.com and we have had several people come here with problems purchase from this company and I'm very pleased to say that so far they have always been extremely reasonable in the way they have treated the issue. If you had been a customer of Currys PC World, we can promise you that there would be a real fight.

Already it seems that AO.com have proposed at the very least to contribute to the repair or a depreciated refund. This reflects exactly your legal rights and the matter. It would not be possible to get a full replacement value refund or a brand-new TV as you have already had four years use from your money.

I'm afraid that they are absolutely correct that you should get an independent engineers report and I certainly sympathise with your problem in terms of Covid.

I don't see that your time to get the report is limited – do you have it in writing from them that you should get this report and that they will contribute in the way they say?

In that case I suggest you reinforce the paper trail by writing to them and confirming your acceptance of their offer and explaining why it will be delayed and that you will implement the report as soon as possible – Covid-willing.

I think that that will probably secure your position.

Do you think that answers your problem?