Kia motors set my odometer back to zero - advise please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1191 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all.

I own an immaculate Kia.  

It’s 2014 with only 29k on the clock, full service history and not a blemish inside or out.  

I’m really quiet proud of this, even though to some, my car is old.

Recently the instrument cluster failed and all detail went blank.  

Spoke to the dealers who looked at it and said it would need to be replaced under warranty.

I took the car in last week for this repair.  

Not once did anyone give me any warning that my mileage would be lost!

My now low mileage car is only showing 13 miles on the clock and apparently the original mileage was non transferable.

I called the dealership and also made a call to Kia UK.  

The dealership haven’t even apologised for what’s happened, but told Kia UK that they didn’t know this would happen!

I’m so upset!  

Everything I’ve done to look after my car to try and keep its value appears to have been undone.

A very trusted dealer has said it will de value the car and that it’s the same as no one wanting a car that’s been in an accident, but repaired to highest standards.  Everyone wants originality.

I just need some advice?  

I could let this go and then find I can’t sell the car when the time comes and it will be too late.

Am I over reacting?  

Is there anything I can do?

not alot you can do.

i would suggest that it wasn't the instrument cluster theat fail, other than it being blank.

that is controlled by the ECU?, so i would suspect your ECU was changed. thus the data it holds.?

if this is the case , then other than getting your friendly motor engineer to put the mileage bacxk to what it should be, which there is software capable of doing this

i don't think you have many options.

your MOT history will legally show the annual mileage, so i cant really see why such a trusted dealer would come out with such BS , esp when there will be a record of the repair under it's service history too.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I had a  speedometer/odometer unit (mechanical) changed under warranty a few years back. The dealer (Ford) insisted on having the Service Book so the mileage and date of change could be entered and stamped.

time to get a squarewave generator out!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

10 hours ago, Tony P said:

I had a  speedometer/odometer unit (mechanical) changed under warranty a few years back. The dealer (Ford) insisted on having the Service Book so the mileage and date of change could be entered and stamped.

Thanks Tony P, I’ve had my book stamped too, but my point is, were you told it would re set your mileage?

3 hours ago, Boobydo said:

Thanks Tony P, I’ve had my book stamped too, but my point is, were you told it would re set your mileage?

Having a unit replaced under warranty surely implies it is new and therefore at zero?

Anyway, having the dealer stamp the book recording the change gives you the mileage proof/continuity you feel you have not got.

Google locally advertised 'Mileage Adjustment Services'. It is not illegal to adjust a mileage only to gain money from lowering a high mileage. It might cost you but it can be easily sorted out.

H

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

I think you are definitely over-reacting.

You have a paper trail from an authorised dealer explaining what has happened and why.  If you haven't got that paper trail, get it now.

On 12/01/2021 at 20:07, dx100uk said:

your MOT history will legally show the annual mileage, so i cant really see why such a trusted dealer would come out with such BS , esp when there will be a record of the repair under it's service history too.

That says it all really.