• Tweets

• Have you put a formal claim into Hermes? I think you should put formal claims into Hermes in respect of each one. I suggest that you leave it about five days apart so that they are treated completely separately. Hermes of course will refuse to compensate you – but then we will help you begin a legal action against them. Once again, I think that your best interests will be served by claiming and suing for only one of them – and then the second one separately once you have the result of the first one. We will help you all the way – but you need to start off by reading around the stories on the sub- forum about Hermes complaints and actions against Hermes. You need to understand the mediation process – and there are lots of good summaries on the sub- forum. Also you should read around on this website about the steps involved bringing a small claim in the County Court. Begin the claims process with Hermes so that you get a denial of liability – and then we will go to the next step.
    • The luxury car manufacturer says its battery-powered sports cars will be made in Warwickshire. View the full article
    • Well please can you search everything and get all your documents together. Read them. Understand what you have. And they make sure they are properly filed. Do you have the name and address of the driver? Also I believe that you said that you had received a message from your own insurer saying that you were liable – or something like that. Please can you reproduce that message here – preferably in PDF format   Don't respond to anyone without checking with us first. We would want to know why you are being asked to contact people. However, you definitely need to contact your insurer tomorrow as I've already suggested. You really need to find out what's going on, why they have made the decision that they have and you want copies. Don't tell them that you sent them on SAR. Keep that a completely separate matter – but simply ask them on the telephone to have copies of all the documents that they have assembled in respect of this case. Once again, you should be recording this.  
    • As i stated above, i found out a document from my draw that admirel had sent me on the 25th of january. I found it out to see if it had any information about the van. Then i saw that it said ' section l -witnesses , then a male name .
    • You say that you have only just found out that the van driver has apparently got witnesses to the accident. How did you just find this out?
  • Our picks

• Ebay Packlink and Hermes - destroyed item as it was "damaged". https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/430396-ebay-packlink-and-hermes-destroyed-item-as-it-was-damaged/&do=findComment&comment=5087347
      • 25 replies
    • I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
  • Recommended Topics

More disgraceful customer service from @curryspcworld

Need help/advice please.

Purchased Fridge-Freezer from Curry’s; delivered 07/10/20.

Broke down first week in December.

Eventually [wont bore you with non customer service at Beko] 

Beko sent engineer 24/12/20 and received this report and declared appliance a right off

- issue me with an uplift number to contact Curry’s myself to organise replacement.

Numerous attempts to contact Curry’s customer service

- on ringing you are transferred to a smart bot, then an agent who then tells you they cannot help you and sends you back to another telephone number which also send you to a smart - and the same event repeat themselves.

Have spent £500.00 and just want a replacement appliance delivered.

Can anyone help me please ?

Thank you in advance 

I'm afraid that Currys PC World have become notorious for their extremely poor customer service and am afraid that they have to be forced to step up to any kinds of obligations. It's really disgusting that a company of this stature and so well resourced should neglect their customer-facing function – but that's the way they have gone.

I suppose that you have come from the Facebook group. Bravo. After you receive help here, maybe you can go back and tell them that instead of hanging around in some talking shop diluting the energy and simply giving up and accepting ill-treatment, they can actually stand up for themselves if they want and with our help they can succeed.

Because you are referring to Beko I expect the what has happened is that you have raised the issue with Currys and they have then said that you have to go to the manufacturer – Beko. This is the usual Currys fob off. Currys other retailer and the responsibility rests with them that they find it more convenient to get rid of problems by telling them to go elsewhere.

I'm afraid the only thing to do here is to take assertive and aggressive action. You need to let us know if you're prepared to do this. This means that you issue a letter of claim to Currys and that if they ignore your 14 day deadline then you issue legal proceedings in the County Court.

We will help you all the way. We will help you draft the documents and we will support you as it goes along. You can be certain that at some point Currys will put up their hands because they are bullies but when they realise that they are being taken to court and they tend to back down. You will eventually get your money plus all your court costs. If we can explore the situation properly, we may even be able to get you some additional compensation.

So I understand the story is that you purchased a Beko fridge freezer on 7 October 2020.
In the first week of December – let's say 5 December, it broke down.
You complain to Currys and they referred you to the manufacturers Beko (a fob off)
about three weeks later a Beko engineer arrived and said that the fridge freezer was a write-off – and repairable
advised you to contact Currys to organise a replacement and so far no replacement has been forthcoming.
Now you have been passed around pillar to post by Currys so-called customer service.
We are now 11 January and you are still without fridge freezer and you have no idea what is happening or when you might get one.

I'd be very interested to know how this has affected you – in particular what losses have you experienced as a result? What have you been doing for fridge or freezer since it broke down?

Have you lost any items from the freezer when it stopped working? If so, please can you list them and give us a value for them.

• BankFodder changed the title to More disgraceful customer service from @curryspcworld

Thank you for your prompt reply. Just a fuller list Actual occurrences. Appliance broke down,

Early December [no date for this stored in my memory, sorry] I  contacted  via their customer care form online, and eventually they responded on 16/12/20 quoting my enquiry was 14/12/20 {it was earlier but my fault for not logging it]

After 3 identical emails from Beko asking  exactly the same inane questions [which i had already responded]

Beko sent me independent engineer 24/12/20 who returned report direct to Beko.

Machine was declared broken beyond repair in the report received by Beko on 29/12/20

After  many unanswered telephone calls to Beko, I sat on the phone on 05/01/21 for 1 and 1/2 hours, when they answered.

I requested refund/replacement/uplift number  action within 24 hours - having been almost a months with a broken new appliance, they agreed and i received email next day from Beko with uplift number for me to contact Curry’s direct.

Initial call to currys - managed to get put through to agent who couldn’t help me as no paperwork showed on my file....

Told to call back, since then I have gone from answerphone message, via smart bots, via agents, been cut off and given links to web assistance via my mobile, only to go through the same procedure again and again.

Obviously i am totally dissatisfied with both Beko, who manufacture appliance, and Currys who I purchased from.

however, am stuck in a never ending cycle of nothing  

Please will you address my questions as to ancillary losses which you may have suffered

Thank you.

I'm afraid that it seems to me that you have been trying all reasonable means of attracting their attention. It may seem extreme but I think that the next reasonable step is to send them a letter of claim and then issue legal proceedings and 14 days if they haven't responded. It's very easy to do and although you may find yourself having to issue the court papers, it is most unlikely to go further than that because then hopefully somebody will sit up and take notice and realise what a pig's ear they are making of everything.

At the same time, I think that you could realistically claim some compensation if we can find a hook for it.

Has the fridge freezer given up completely? In other words is it simply taking up space in your kitchen?

Also, how has the lack of a fridge freezer affected you over the past month or so?

If it has simply been taking up space in your kitchen that I think quite reasonably you could require storage charge. We could make sure that it was a modest claim which will give you little bit of satisfaction which would give them a slap and which would put them in a position where it really wasn't worth fighting so that when they've eventually settled the matter, they would settle that as well – even though it would be grudging. But who cares?

Please can you address these points and would you be prepared to issue court papers if it comes to it. I'm talking about a timescale of probably in a couple of weeks time